z

Young Writers Society



Actors (scenes 11-20)

by TDMitchell


[continued from part 1]

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic75579.html

Spoiler! :
I know that people don’t like reading long pieces on here, so I am only going to post 10 scenes at a time on here.

I am also still working on this screenplay, so more scenes (or chapters) will be added as we go.

I also want to warn you that this is literally one of the most (or will be the most) offensive screenplay every written.

Hope you enjoy it!

.....

EXT. SCHOOL - DAY

Back in March, a table of students skater to their classes. These students include (but are not limited to) SKINNER, BOBBY O'RILEY and a few others which will be mentioned by name later on. At this point in time, SKINNER does not wear glasses in any further scenes until stated.

After saying her own personal temporary farewell to O'RILEY (who to us, at this point in time, is insignificant) SKINNER walks off to her locker to get ready for her class.

We keep all focused attention on SKINNER, despite other surrounding action.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Skinner Smith, well, I can't really say much about her background. Her parents... I dunno. She explained it once, but I wasn't paying attention. As far as I know, she lives with her grandparents out in one of the rural towns - Corallee, Worraneen, Nyah... they're all the same. Couldn't even care if she was living in Auschwitz.

SKINNER enters the locker bay, finds her locker and takes some books/folders out. If need be, she will even talk to some of her friends as she does this -- just to fill up time over FREDERIK'S narration.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

As far as I know, she's a dedicated actress; willing to do almost anything for her role, but she's not a slut, as strictly defined. Then again, she's no Alan Yates.

CUTAWAY: INT. COUNSELLOR’S OFFICE - DAY

COUNSELLOR

Alan Yates?

FREDERIK

Just a character from a film. Anyway...

CUT BACK: school

SKINNER continues to talk with friends.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Fairly well involved with the local theater group. Been in a couple of productions. 15-years-old, but she looks like a 19. Or, because of all the make-up she has on, a 20-year-old standing behind an extremely dirty shower screen.

CUTAWAY: INT. COUNSELLOR’S OFFICE - DAY

COUNSELLOR

You just said before that she looked like a 19-year-old. Now you're saying 20?

FREDERIK

Amazing what the shower screen can do, eh?

The COUNSELLOR takes down some notes.

MUSIC: "Double Or Nothing" from Breach slowly fades out from 2:28 to 2:36

COUNSELLOR

Talk to me about the other members of your drama class.

FREDERIK thinks back.

FREDERIK

Um... there were 12 of us originally at the time. 1 dropped out, so now, there's, like, 11 of us. There's...

Immediate cut to next scene and dialogue.

INT. SCHOOL HALL - CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

FREDERIK'S narration goes over the top of this, as if speaking out his thoughts, but not quite -- just to fill in the viewer on the characters and achievements.

MUSIC: "In Motion" from The Social Network, but extended in post-production to allow for more time

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Jess Franco, 17. And he's already had his birthday this year. Has Italian heritage, and we all love him for it -- despite the fact that nobody gives a hoot about my own German background, but it's no use crying over spilt milk.

Actor, comedian - one of the funniest here, and guitarist. Has made a name for himself among the school as a guitarist/musician and singer and has also won a variety of awards for it. He deserves it, too. Especially to take his mind off all the trouble with his girlfriend. But, again, another story.

PAN: to SAM

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Sam Perry, 17, but not for long. He, too, is an actor and comedian, and can be best described as Jess' rival, although the two are close friends. Perry is an award-winning actor, taking a shared second place in the Eisteddfod for the monologue when I and 100 other people only got honourable mention. He has won awards for his acting ever since, and is actually quite involved with the local theater group.

He and I are close friends, and have had many acting and film collaborations before. And he can always withstand and put up with my wit and offensive comments. I always wonder how I can have such a good friend and why I consistently keep receiving good things I don't deserve.

He has some musical history, and that's all I can really say.

PAN: to EM

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Emma Brand, or just "Em" as we call her. Again, 17. First collaboration was 2005 in Bats. She has an extensive background of performing and singing.

(aside)

Boy, can she sing.

(resumes narration)

She too has been heavily involved with the theatre group, but her dad is in charge of it, so when you talk to Em, you're talking to performing royalty.

JESS makes fun of EM. EM retaliates, to which EVERYBODY laughs at.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

We don't really give much for the monarchy.

PAN: to LEAH

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Leah Aims, one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen. LOL, joke - that would be my iMac. But she's also pretty cool. She's also had a performance background and has been best friends with her majesty Em Brand for years. She's also 17.

Just then, HANNAH enters the hall.

MUSIC: "In Motion" drops and fades out

HANNAH

Hey, guys!

HANNAH makes her way over to the group, and immediately starts b*tching with the others.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

And as always, Hannah Willis, the class clown. Pet. I mean, bitch. No, was right the first time.

Don't ask me what her performance history's like. She's a great actress, but why she hasn't been in anything recently, or from what I know of... She's like that actor from The Human Centipede: where've they been all this time? Oh, well; now that we've discovered them, we still don't care about them.

Hannah is the only student doing year 12 drama who isn't. She's actually in year 11.

Having said that, (beat) she's not 17.

HANNAH

So, who's excited about Showcase?

JESS

(putting his hand up)

Me.

LEAH

Me.

EM

Not me. Uh, uh.

HANNAH

Aw, why not, Em?

EM

Because our piece is stupid.

JESS

(mocking Em)

"Because our piece is stupid."

SAM and HANNAH laugh.

EM

Shut up, Jess! It's not funny.

JESS

I've had enough of you.

LEAH

Now, seriously, guys... I'm more excited about our trip to Melbourne.

SAM

Yeah, but that's, like, next term.

LEAH

So? Still can't wait for it.

HANNAH

Who're we gonna share rooms with?

EM

Either way, I'm NOT gonna share a room with Jess.

JESS

Good! 'Cause I don't wanna share a room with you either!

MUSIC: "Dead Already" by Thomas Newman from American Beauty

EM

Yeah? Well,... fine!

JESS

(slightly imitating Em)

Fine!

SAM

(joining in, just to tick off Em)

Fine!

EM

(re: Sam)

Fine! I don't wanna share a room with you either!

SAM

(mockingly disapointed)

Aww.... Em... please? Don't do this to me! I thought we were friends!

EM

Yeah? Well... we were.

MUSIC: "Dead Already" (0:30)

SAM

(over dramatic)

We were! Oh, god, the tension is killing me!

SAM now starts (fake) crying over the top.

JESS

(slowly joining in on the joke)

Ah... way to go, Em. You're hurt Sam's feelings now.

EM

Good! I don't care.

JESS pats SAM on the back comfortingly.

JESS

There, there, Sam. She didn't mean it. She was just being a giant and total LOOSER!

The last part of his comment is directed straight at EM.

EM

You're a looser. I'm awesome.

The chaos continues over FREDERIK'S narration.

At that moment, SCOTT and ELLY, enter the corridor from the side door. It is obvious from how they hold each other that they are going out.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

The other people in our drama class...

FOCUS: on ELLY

FREDERIK

(voice over)

Elly Web. 17-years-old, local girl. Has done drama since year 8, but took a year off in year 10. She's in the same home room as me, but I don't know much about her performing background.

PAN: to SCOTT

FREDERIK

(voice over)

And that there is her Casanova; Scott Bennett. 17, also. Hasn't done much in the way of acting, I'm afraid, but he's not bad. He's from Moulamein, so he is a Moula. But, you know, he should be more suited in his natural environment.

CUT TO

INT. BUS - AFTERNOON/EVENING

SCOTT is lying (or sitting) down at the back of the small white bus sleeping.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

There - that's better.

EXT. HIGHWAY - CONTINUOUS

MUSIC: "Dead Already" (1:41.5 or 1:53)

The little white school bus drives along the highway.

We follow along beside it all the way for a few seconds.

ON SCREEN TITLES: Friday, April 16th | 5:00pm

INT. BUS - CONTINUOUS

FREDERIK

(voice over)

So that's all the year 12 students.

The year 11 students were Lindsey,...

LINDSEY sits by the window brushing her hair.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

... Dakota,...

DAKOTA sits by the window, but in the single row of seats (so, the opposite side of the bus), listening to music on her iPod and reading a book.

FREDERIK

(voice over)

... and, of course, Skinner.

SKINNER is talking with the other year 12 students (excluding FREDERIK, who is not part of this conversation).

FREDERIK

(voice over, as a side note)

Oh, and the other year 12 student we had was Dwaine, but he left school near the end of the semester, so I won't be including him.

At the front of the bus is the teacher and her husband.

Sitting in the passenger seat is the drama teacher, MRS. THOMPSON. Her husband, CHRISTOPHER, is driving the bus.

MRS. THOMPSON

(turning around to the students)

Alright, everyone. So the plan is when we get back together again on Monday, we're gonna start revising for the SAC. We'll start by looking at the stage craft on Monday, so you might wanna start taking some notes down over the weekend.

SAM

(mockingly)

No!

HANNAH

Aren't you gonna tell us who got the parts?

EM

Yeah, who got what?

HANNAH

You promised, Mrs. Thompson. You promised after we finished Top Acts, then you'd tell us.

DAKOTA

What's this?

SAM

The parts for the school production.

(re: Mrs. Thompson)

Have we actually decided on one yet?

MRS. THOMPSON

Yes. We're doing Little Shop Of Horrors this year. We finally decided on one.

EM

So? Who got the lead?

All students begin agreeing with EM and try to get MRS. THOMPSON to tell them. However, all they manage to get out of her is this...

MRS. THOMPSON

Look... settle down, please... Look, honestly, there were just so many good auditions. We were... (huffs) we were really impressed with some of the stuff we saw.

INT. SCHOOL HALL - AUDITORIUM - DAY

Individual auditions for students. We cut between each student having an audition in front of a panel of MRS. THOMPSON and MISS CARMEL. Each student is shown individually.

MUSIC: light percussion

EM

(as Dorothy from "The Wizard Of Oz")

Oh, thankyou so much! We've been gone such a long time and we feel so messy... what kind of a horse is that? I've never seen a horse like that before!

CUT TO LATER

SAM

(as Macbeth)

Come, seeling night, scarf up the tender eye of pitiful day. And with thy bloody and invisible hand canel and tear to pieces that great bond which keeps me pale.

CUT TO LATER

SKINNER

(as Chava from "Fiddler On The Roof:)

Fyedka and I... we've known each other for a long time... and... The world is changing, Papa! Fyedka and I... we want to be married.

CUT TO LATER

FREDERIK

(as the Bear Jew from "Inglourious Basterds")

Teddy fuckin' Williams knocks it out of the park! Fenway Park on its feet for Teddy Fuckin' Ballgame! He went yardo on that one, onto fuckin' Lansdowne Street! You!

FREDERIK pretends to shoot a German soldier with gun.

INT. BUS - AFTERNOON/EVENING

MRS. THOMPSON

But we're currently doing a number of recalls, and we're still trying to find parts to include everyone.

SKINNER

Yeah, but have you worked out the leads yet?

ALL

(all together, improvised)

Yeah, come on. Tell us. Who are they? etc.

MRS. THOMPSON smiles cheekily.

MRS. THOMPSON

I'm not saying.

ALL

What? Aw... come on...!

MRS. THOMPSON

I'm not... hey... I'm not giving anything. You'll all find out by Monday.

She turns back.

ALL

Aww!!! Tell us now!, etc.

JESS

Aw, you're a terrible teacher! How could you keep that from us?

The last word rings with reverberation into the next scene.

INT. CLASS ROOM - AFTERNOON

We jump forward to December 2010. FREDERIK is standing up the front of a classroom with the teacher MR. WHITE. The classroom is full of year 11 students going into year 12 next year. A data show and speaker are set up on the desk at the front, indicated that they must have shown something.

ON SCREEN TITLES: Wednesday, December 8th | 2:25pm

FREDERIK

(finishing up)

So, please. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I'm on Facebook, so feel free to call. Good luck for next year, and... I hope all of you produce some amazing products.

MR. WHITE

Thankyou, Frederik. Anyone have any questions before Fred leaves?

No one puts their hand up.

MR. WHITE

No? Well, thankyou, Frederik, for coming in. And good luck for next year.

FREDERIK

Thankyou.

The class applauds as FREDERIK leaves.

FREDERIK

(while leaving)

Thanks, everyone.

RENAE

Oh, wait, Fred...

FREDERIK returns.

FREDERIK

Yeah?

RENAE

You've got one question.

GIRL #1

Why does Sarah Lile hate you?

FREDERIK

On Facebook?

GIRL #1

Yeah.

FREDERIK

Ah... don't know.

He leaves.

FREDERIK

(whilst leaving)

And don't care either.

EXT. SCHOOL HALL - FOYER - CONTINUOUS

FREDERIK walks to and stand near the wall near the door of the hall foyer entrance. Peering through the window, nobody seems to be in. So he waits.

He then hears the sound of someone playing the piano and singing - a female. FREDERIK assumes this is a singing lesson, but can't figure out who the voice of the female singing is. Is it LOUIS? Is it DIANNA?? Or possibly... SKINNER??? This thought stays in his mind the most, as FREDERIK doesn't want to see her again. However, there is something bugging him about this. He is nervous, still scared of her, but why? He also wants to go in that room, but doesn't want to at the same time, and continues to hear the female's singing voice as his thoughts circulate.

Suddenly, the school bell goes off, signaling the start of a new period. FREDERIK decides that now is the time to head in. The singing stops.

Another girl (a year 8 next year, so year 7), JAZZ (short for Jasmine), approaches and stands outside the door. The two make eye contact.

JAZZ

Hey, Frederik. (pronounces it "Fred Drick")

FREDERIK

Hey, Jasmine. Hey, you in the thing for presentation night?

JAZZ

Yep.

FREDERIK

Cool.

JAZZ

You?

FREDERIK

Yeah. Was just checking. That's all.

Pause.

JAZZ

How's the film coming along?

FREDERIK

Alpha/Bravo has pretty much hit a dead end right now. So,... I don't know what we're gonna do. I don't know what Pat or Brendan wanna do,...

JAZZ

(unintentionally cutting him off)

Are we allowed to go in?

FREDERIK looks in through the window.

FREDERIK

Dunno. I guess we can.

JAZZ shrugs and enters the building. FREDERIK takes in a deep breath and enters behind her.

INT. SCHOOL HALL - FOYER - CONTINUOUS

JAZZ and FREDERIK enter the hall foyer to begin rehearsal.

Expecting to see SKINNER having a singing lesson, FREDERIK only sees MISS CARMEL at the piano. She looks up.

MISS CARMEL

Hello, Jazz.

FREDERIK sighs a sigh of relief.

MISS CARMEL

How are you?

JAZZ

Good, thankyou.

MISS CARMEL

That's good.

MISS CARMEL turns to FREDERIK, and immediately gets to action.

MISS CARMEL

Now. You.

FREDERIK

Me.

MISS CARMEL

Yes, you. I've been meaning to call you.

FREDERIK

You have?

MISS CARMEL

I have.

FREDERIK

You miss me?

MISS CARMEL

(this is off topic)

Yes.. I do.

FREDERIK

I miss you too. Thanks for the call.

MISS CARMEL shakes her head.

MISS CARMEL

It's about presentation night. Ah, we've decided we're not doing "Skid Row" anymore, because it's just gonna be too difficult to get everything set up and to get everyone here for a run-through. So instead, we'll do "Suddenly Seymour".

FREDERIK

(reluctant)

Oh. Great. Yeah.

MISS CARMEL

How does that sound?

FREDERIK

Um...

MISS CARMEL

It's OK. You won't have to do the kiss again.

FREDERIK

Oh, thank goodness. I mean, I've only just come out of rehab, and I'm NOT going back in there again.

MISS CARMEL

Hey, come on. Be nice.

FREDERIK

(paranoid)

There's no access to pornography. And the staff have no nasal hair.

JAZZ gives him a strange look. MISS CARMEL politely ignores this.

MISS CARMEL

So, we're gonna have to arrange a time for you an Skinner to get together and run through it one more time, just to refresh.

FREDERIK

(not wanting to show his disgust to this)

OK. Sure. Can do.

MISS CARMEL

So, what times would suit you, do you think?

FREDERIK

(thinking it over)

Um... I'm free anytime, except for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Oh, and those times that I'm here practicing for "Unwritten" and the "Zarathustra".

MISS CARMEL thinks this over.

MISS CARMEL

OK... so... how about a run through Monday recess?

FREDERIK

(really don't want to do this, but shouldn't make a big deal out of it)

Sounds good for me.

MISS CARMEL

So, as soon as these girls get here, we'll get stuck into "Unwritten".

LOUIS enters.

MISS CARMEL

Hi, Louis.

LOUIS

(with a huff)

Hi, everyone. Sorry, I'm late. Media class is shit.

MISS CARMEL

That's OK. We're still waiting on Dianna and Skinner anyway. So you're considerably quite early.

She walks into her office to get something, her dialogue trailing off with her.

MISS CARMEL

(trailing off into her office)

And I don't know if Em's coming or not. She said she had an appointment, but wasn't sure what time she was getting out... .

JAZZ

(re: Louis)

So, what'd you do in media?

LOUIS

(referring to Frederik)

Ugh,... had some guest speaker come and talk to us today. It was really boring.

FREDERIK

Well, I'm sorry. What more did you want out of me?

LOUIS

Your short film was pretty good though.

FREDERIK

Oh, thanks.

LOUIS

Did that take you the whole year to make? What was it called again?

FREDERIK

Ah... Mondo Supernatural. And, yes. It took me the whole year to make. I was even filming it opposite doing Little Shop.

JAZZ

You should've recorded it.

FREDERIK

What? Little Shop?

JAZZ

Yeah.

FREDERIK

Oh, I dunno if I could've done that. Too rushed, not enough time. Plus, I don't think Mrs. Thompson really forgives me from Back To The 80s.

LOUIS

You mean, filming behind the stage thing, or something?

FREDERIK

Yeah, that.

LOUIS

Yeah. I've still got those disks at home. Haven't watched 'em since but.

FREDERIK

(sarcastic)

Glad you enjoyed them.

Just then, DIANNA and SKINNER enter the foyer. SKINNER wears glasses.

SKINNER

Hello!

DIANNA

Sorry we're late.

MISS CARMEL

(coming out of her office)

Well, thank god you're here.

SKINNER

We had some trouble trying to get out of class.

As this conversation goes on, FREDERIK avoids eye contact from SKINNER and tries to ignore her presence, especially in his head. This is also the first time he's seen her wear glasses... and those glasses...!!!

SKINNER mildly has some knowledge of his presence, but doesn't show it. She chooses to ignore it. However, it is not known to FREDERIK whether or not SKINNER knows that he is there... and frankly, he doesn't much care.

MISS CARMEL

Well, did you tell them it was for presentation night?

DIANNA

We did. But they eventually let us out.

MISS CARMEL

Good. Next time, I'll give out notes so that you can get out of class quicker.

(to all females)

Now, I have your words here. Please take your copies and go over them before we start. If you have any questions, please ask.

FREDERIK opens the music book on the piano music stand and flips through until he finds "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.

SKINNER notices him and eyes him coldly.

SKINNER

(icily)

Hello, Frederik. (again, pronounced Fred Drick, as a term of disrespect)

FREDERIK

(even more coldly)

(in a thick but natural German accent)

Guten tag.

Neither is happy to see each other again, and prefers for this to be over as quickly as possible.

FREDERIK

(after a beat, coldly)

(I really couldn't care less if you were dying from AIDs)

How are you?

SKINNER

(rot in hell, you stingy b*stard)

I'm fine. Thankyou.

FREDERIK

(smart alack, just to tick her off)

Bitteschön. (You're welcome.)

SKINNER looks at him with a type of look that says "You c*nt!" If looks could kill, this would probably be it.

[continued in part 3]

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76080.html


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 498 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson