z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

.

by SpiritSails



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 2075
Reviews: 35

Donate
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:21 pm
RishabhParmar says...



Wow, I loved it. Very inspirational. The starting is good. "You are more than a name" It explains everything. I love such kind of inspirational poems. You did a good job. It is nice to tear off poetries which touch your heart. It touched mine. I am so happy to read it. As it is a micro poetry so the more you abridge the feelings more you write accurate lines. The more you involve yourself, the more trophies you win. You will be the winner. I look a winner in you. So great, I am not a reviewer, but I seriously loved it. It is nice to read your work. I hope to read more from you.

Keep up the good work.

:)




User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 2075
Reviews: 35

Donate
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:21 pm
RishabhParmar wrote a review...



Wow, I loved it. Very inspirational. The starting is good. "You are more than a name" It explains everything. I love such kind of inspirational poems. You did a good job. It is nice to tear off poetries which touch your heart. It touched mine. I am so happy to read it. As it is a micro poetry so the more you abridge the feelings more you write accurate lines. The more you involve yourself, the more trophies you win. You will be the winner. I look a winner in you. So great, I am not a reviewer, but I seriously loved it. It is nice to read your work. I hope to read more from you.

Keep up the good work.

:)




User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:40 pm
alliyah wrote a review...



Hi there! I'd just like to share a few thoughts on your piece for Review Day!

I generally am not a huge fan of poems placed in block poems or big paragraphs, but this absolutely worked! Like I'm a huge huge fan of how you used this formatting.

The fact that "card" is just s little cut-off works perfectly with that last line, and is a sweet message as well.

I don't have a ton of criticism since I really like what you've done here.

I think one suggestion would be to elevate your word choice in a few places or use more figurative language. For instance in the sentence, "You are more than all those things". "things" is a really vague word that doesn't communicate much. Even saying "You are more than this" or "more than that" might sound a bit more sophisticated. I think the strongest sentences are the last one, and the one with the "fleeting moment" -- these are both the most unique elements of the poem and are very clear as well.

Overall. like I said, I really enjoyed this piece and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work!

Best,

~alliyah

This Review is brought to you by Team Cardinals! Happy Review Day!!




User avatar
84 Reviews


Points: 350
Reviews: 84

Donate
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:59 pm
DragonNoir wrote a review...



Hi! DragonNoir here for a review!

I think the poem overall is awesome, but, you could've actually wrote it out as text, instead of uploading it as an image. Furthermore, the structure of it isn't necessarily too creative or meaningful. Maybe you could try arranging it into a rectangle of sorts.
I must also say, this poem is pretty repetitive, which isn't really helpful, because the only thing reader has stuck in their mind after they finish the poem is "You are more than..." I would say, try having more variation, but keep some of the repetition because it works quite well.

As for the actual message, I think it's very inspirational and amazing and I think you did an awesome job in using the theme chosen.

Overall, an amazing piece of poetry, but you could improve on structure and repetition.
I hope my review helped and welcome to YWS! :)



Random avatar
SpiritSails says...


Thanks for the review. The reason the poem structured like this is because this is how I uploaded it to my Instagram account. When I print it out IRL, it's on a very small piece of paper about the size of a business card.

As for the repetition, I'll definitely keep that in mind. It's difficult find a balance between too repetitive and making something that constantly defies its own logic.

Thanks again. ;)



User avatar
284 Reviews


Points: 4250
Reviews: 284

Donate
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:38 pm
RubyRed wrote a review...



Hello, SpiritSails! Welcome to YWS! Ruby here as a knight of the Green Room. So, my first question is did you write this? If so, it's very inspirational, but not what I'd call a poem. It's almost more of a work you'd put in "Other" instead of the poem section. I naturally expected it to be a rhyming poem or free-verse but it's not really either. However I like the message. It made me smile.

~Ruby <3



Random avatar
SpiritSails says...


I did write it! I'm glad you like it.




Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica