Him/Her/Me

by StuckOnEarth

I am not them

They are not me

They are blind but yet they see

Everything

They are not a part of me

And yet they are

They cut me lightly yet always leave a scar

Why?

They are the blade

They are the fade

-ing

That sifts through me

Stabs at all I see

I can bleed

I am bleed

-ing

They are my creations

They are not themselves

They scream, silently, please help

Him, her, me

and it

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:28 pm
IvoryRose wrote a review...

Hello it’s IvoryRose! Here’s what I interpreted from the poem. A person feels isolated from everyone because of their depression. The other people can’t see or understand what they have, but they can see that something is off. The poem features heavy drama and leaves an impact. Poetry is up to interpretation, so there isn’t just one meaning. That’s why it’s considered an art form because it is expression. I didn’t understand the line “the fade-ing.” Did you mean that the person is slowly loosing them? At least that’s what I got from it. I felt the line “I can bleed” was a little unnecessary since it was followed by “I am bleed-ing”. I thought it was a great poem to read and think about.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Valkyria says...

This is a very well-written poem, and while I do not understand what this is about, it really takes a stab at my heart. Great job!

StuckOnEarth says...

Thank you! :D

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 pm
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...

This is really good, while I may not understand the gist of it, I loved it nonetheless! I think you did a great job, you really spoke from the heart, and that's what I usually look for in a poem, anything really. I look for the deepness, spiritualness, if that's even a word, and then the heart-felt. If I don't see that in a poem, I have nothing to say, but this was absolutely amazing. Keep writing, you ave a place here in YWS and it helps that you know what you like to write about! Great job! I hope you continue making these types of poems! Keep up the amazing work!

StuckOnEarth says...

Hi! Thank you so much! I was particularly proud of this and I'm glad to see you like it too. ^^

uwu
— soundofmind