As A Friend

by SoundsOfLife

So, so you think I'm your man?

The one who will save you from your tower of pain?

The one that will make everything bad in your life to go away?

The one who will turn your life into a Happily ever after?

I told you once, and told you twice that your not right for me.

But you can't take a hint.

You won't hear the words that come from me when I say no.

So, here we are once again, but for the last time.

You've taken it too far now.

Your obsessed with me, and I know it's because you want to get away frome the sadness.

So I tried to be nice about it, but you pushed me to far.

You said that you understood that we were only friends.

So why are we here having this discussion?

You need my help in life as a friend

Do you want me to help you find a better way out of the pain and suffering that you've create in your life?

You say it's other people's faults that made you this way, but you never said that its your own fault.

This world of ours can be horrific at times.

There are unkind beings on Earth that will take your soul away if you let them.

Its important that you pull yourself together and make a change in your life, and put the past behind you and to never look back at the pain that you left.

I know it's hard for you,and I hope you understand that I'm allways here as a friend.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 am
FireBird99 wrote a review...

This was really interesting. It kind of gives an idea that everyone feels. More than once someone could relate to this. There is always someone out there who likes someone else but that other person doesn't have the same feelings. So you kind hit the jackpot because everyone can relate to this one way or another. Anyways, great job! Love the poetry. Keep writing...and have fun.

FireBird99

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:04 am
AsianQueen17 wrote a review...

I like this, I feel a little sorry for the girl you are talking too. Seems like she has a little crush on you. If this is or was a real life situation? It is good that you were there for her though even if she did get a little crazy about you. Lol. This sort of reminds me of something that would fit well in a real story. Maybe you should make a book out of this!

-AsianQueen17-

God Bless! :D

This is absolutely a fantastic idea for a piece. A lot of us have read the stories where the main character is bothered because the kid they like doesn't like them back, so it is super refreshing to have a piece where the speaker is annoyed that the other person can't understand they are just not interested in that way. So fantastic place to start from, first of all.

But I think that as it's written, it reads as a journal entry, nothing that really leaves the reader with anything meaningful because it's a one shot and done piece. We'd be interested in it as a blog entry because your life would progress and we'd get to see the progress of the relationship and if anything happened because of these thoughts, but presenting it as an isolated literary piece gives us nothing to grasp but the momentary idea that, "oh yeah, the other side is just as annoyed". I'd really like to see you try to tackle this in a short story. It would be nice to see these two characters interact, so we can notice the obsession for ourselves instead of having to take the speaker's word for it, which we don't really like to do. It would help us get a sense of these people as real people, too, not just ideas floating in our heads and not grounded in reality. Give them a setting, voices, and clothing and already they are coming alive.

I'd like to see this as a conversation, really. I'd like to see the reaction. I'd like you to stretch yourself to imagine it, if you can't already. I think a common theme is that people are taught if they want something bad enough that they deserve it and should get it, without realizing that when it comes to relationship, there's a person with their own desires on the other side and you can't like, override the humanity of the person you love 'cause you love them. It's a painful lesson to learn about love, but I'd be interested in watching someone learn it. I'd like to hear this speaker tell the other person that like, literally, you don't consider me enough of a human being to have my own desires and you can respect that?

Well, as I said. Awesome, interesting. Take it further and give it meat.
PM me if you have any questions, please.

Good luck and keep writing!

SoundsOfLife says...

You're absolutely right, I should defiantly do more to this story.
When I was writing this, I was trying to make to where the reader had to use his or hers imagination to their full capacity, then they could come up with their own idea of what was going on in the story, thats what I was thinking at the time.
This story is all about my former friend and myself. She wanted me to be her boyfriend, but I didn't want that type of relationship between her and me, so I kept on trying to teal her nicely that I was only friend, nothing more. But she continued to try make me who she wanted me to be. So I said goodbye to her.

I can see what you mean, I should of made this story as an blog type thing. But I will try to rewrite this and make it something a little more descriptive and less vague in the near future.
Thank you for the review!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 am
pinkrose says...

I think that this piece of writing is really good but to make it even better (amazing) you need to add more descriptive words. I hope this helps.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:37 am

Overall, I think this piece has potential. It seems like an intriguing story, but it's held back right now by its vagueness. This could be improved by adding richer description and imagery. For example, when you said she went too far...what happened? Did she try to kiss the speaker? Get in the way when he was trying to pursue another girl? And what is this sadness she's trying to escape? It would be interesting to see this friendship developing and then turning into obsession, but I don't see it right now. Use specific images to draw the reader into the story. I'm reviewing this more as a poem, but I could see it in a prose form as well if you wanted to do that.

Overall, great story, but I'd love to see more specific images. Keep writing! :)

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe