adventurera

by Sonder

Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 am
truealpha says...

I like this, i really like this. It's a nice short little poem about life and it's pretty good for it's length. I like the way you were able to talked her exploring with the way you wrote about the sea salt and the sun on her cheeks. Also like how it's prepared and planed not just some random i'm going to explore the world and see everything. This is is a good poem, keep writing

Fri May 19, 2017 2:27 am
truealpha wrote a review...

Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 am
all says...

this is really good, also proud of you for making it to graduationnnn

Sonder says...

thanksssss :)

Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 am
EKK15 wrote a review...

This was absolutely beautiful.

I loved the way you set it up, like it was one flowing sentence. I also enjoyed the sensory imagery you used to describe this awe and wonder for the world and your future travels. My only complaint, which isn't even a complaint, is that I want more! You're work leaves the reader wanting more, but you keep it short and that deals a powerful punch.

You should be proud of yourself for this masterpiece. It was truly awe inspiring. Keep up the good work!

-E

Sonder says...

Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 pm
mavisknightley wrote a review...

Hello Sonder,

I LOVED THIS. SO MUCH.

Your voice is the perfect combination of fluid and choppy. It is so appealing to the ear (and eye). I am a traveler, and a young adult, so this spoke to me very deeply. You capture everything we face at this age with bravery and finesse: the cross roads between childhood and adulthood, between home and the world, between you and what the world has to offer... I'm almost without words, this is so perfect...

You convey a hunger for the world that I possess, and a confidence to seek it out that I sometimes do not possess. But all the same, I feel your eagerness, your passion, your courage.

The imagery you paint is gorgeous, too. I can see you on the edge of this cliff. I can smell the salt spray sea.

Beautiful work, Sonder. This poem has what we all hope to attain in writing: a heartbeat.

Hope to see more of your work here on YWS, and if you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.

Write On!
mav

Mavis Knightley
www.mavisknightley.weebly.com

Sonder says...

Thanks for the review! :)

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.