z

Young Writers Society



After Adonis Ch. 4

by Sionarama


Sorry about the long wait! I've tried to correct the errors from the other chapters, and I would love some reviews!

On the steps of Olympus, Persephone tried to carry Aphrodite's body to a nice room. But, there were some problems she had not anticipated.

One was the fact that Aphrodite was so heavy. For the goddess of love and beauty, she had lots of weight. Most likely her highly adorned robe, not her figure. The second problem was that she revealed her elopement with Hades. It was so much easier to blame it on Hades and Zeus... she couldn't help she had eaten a pomogranate seed, there was no other food in the Underworld; she couldn't help that Zeus was the King of Gods and married them. It was much harder to face her very own mother for eternity harping about her "betrale". Why couldn't her mother understand the way Hades looked at her, like she was the only sun shining? Or how he stroked her hair at night and called her Darling? Or his ruggishly handsome looks? But no, she wanted her to marry some-god more respectable... like Hermes. Yeah right! He is the God of Theives! How is he more respectable? And did she ever see the way he mistreated women, mortals and goddesses alike?

This is why she ran to Aphrodite. Because she understood about true love. The fear of the absence of them... What if Hades was-- Persephone choked up just thinking about it. She understood Aphrodite and wanted to make things right and happy for her. There is no other way to bring back the dead, but since she was the Queen of the Underworld where the dead presided... well, that was for another time.

After coming back to reality, Persephone realized she had been just staring around as she thought these things. Again and again, she tried to pull Aphrodite up, but something was stopping her. It's the girdle! She unfastened the solid gold waist band. It was so heavy! How could a tiny goddess like her lug this thing around with her?

The giant doors of Olympus opened, always creating awe when they did. Hades stepped out in front of Persephone.

"You did not have to reveal our secret, Love" Hades gave her a smoldering look, with a slight hint of a smile. Oh how Persephone loved that smile!

"It could not stay asleep any longer, you know that." Persephone weaved up to him and lightly touched his lips, "I have yearned for this embrace in public."

"As I." Hades smiled more, but faltered and guestered to Aphrodite's graceful body. "We must first deal with the poor broken heart"

And with no more explanation, he easily picked up Aphrodite and the golden girdle together. Oh how his tan arms bulged with power! Persephone could have weeped at his beauty.

Side by side, Persephone and Hades brought Aphrodite into a guest room quietly. The room was not a room to mortals as it was to gods, it was more a mansion, such was the greatness of Olympus. It had lilac colored walls and the bed was huge, made of clouds with a large canopy on top. They tucked her into the vastness of the light pink covers, with secret promises to tuck themselves into another bed for the night after the feast.

They went back to the Great Hall to talk with Hera and confront the fuming Demeter, but what they found was more than just Hera and Demeter, it was the whole assembly of gods and goddesses of Olympus! Every-god sat in their thrones, magnificent in full glory. Only two thrones had no bearers on them.

"We have been waiting for you." Hera smiled triumphantly. "The Official Meeting of the Gods is now in order"


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 3696
Reviews: 58

Donate
Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm
Ktg17 wrote a review...



Hey I'm here to review as requested! Sorry it's taken me so long but I wanted to do it on review day.
I really liked this. It's written so... gracefully. The way you worded things was very unique and I enjoyed it very very much. I have to agree with WIS that you cannot start a sentence with and, but, or, etc. It will make you sound choppy and unfinished, like you're not quite sure what to say and are just adding on as you go.

Everything else I think has already been stated above and fixed, so I will not repeat it.

Overall, great job! It was a very nice piece. Keep on writing!

~Ktg




User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 1778
Reviews: 70

Donate
Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 am
View Likes
WrittenInStone wrote a review...



Hiyaa, Written here or Wisp as some like to call me - I've got a perfect little review for you but since I'm short on time I'll start with the little stuff.

I did like this story, though it's chapter four and sadly to say i've not yet read chapter one through three. I'll be happy to do so afterwards. This story is done with the well versed knowledge of greek mythology, and I will be there to correct you if you get any of it wrong since I am a mythology geek. xD

Rightio, we'll start by saying this; your entire story is scaring me. It's a huge, giant monster blob! You need paragraphs, trying spacing out different parts of the story where you jump from one subject to the next. Yes, i know it takes a hard deal of practice but you'll figure it out.

Next, you never ever start a sentence with 'and' or 'but' any other words like that are not meant to start a sentence, they are meant to connect one sentence to the next like this; I thought he would love me but there were secrets he kept from me and other important things that should never be mentioned.

Maybe not the best example but you get it right? If not then PM me and I'll be happy to answer questions.

Sigh, i'm really tired today so my notes aren't going to be super described but word spelling...

betrale - you mean like someone who goes behind your back and does something wrong right? Well, it's actually spelt betrayal. There is a 'y' two 'a's and no 'e'.

That's all I really did notice so there you have it.

A half-perfect review. XD

- Write on!

Wisp, Written, WIS, WrittenInStone, Stone ... and the names go on.





We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot