z

Young Writers Society


18+ Mature Content

The Other Chick

by Shiksha


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

Caroline

I took a deep breath as the elevator door opened on reaching the fifth floor. Another breath, deeper than before came in as I walked to the wooden door at the end of the corridor. The door had a golden number plate engraved with the number 509. I zipped open my blue bag and took out a neatly folded pink piece of paper. I opened it with yet another breath and re-read the words scrawled on it in bad handwriting:

Kelly waters

509, Wing A

Kentigern Gardens

Looking at the number plate once more and without any further thought, I rang the doorbell. As I waited for someone to open the door, with the paper still in my hands, I closed my eyes, trying to blank my mind of everything. After about twenty seconds of darkness, I finally opened my eyes, which was the precise moment when the door opened. A skinny, tanned woman was standing in front of me. I quickly lowered my hand to my thighs in an attempt to hide the paper from the owner of 509. I knew at once she was Kelly.

"Hi!" I said, faking a smile, "I'm Caroline Ellacott. Kelly Waters?"

Kelly

Oh my God! Please tell me I'm dreaming. Please tell me she is not Caroline!

Shocked. I was nothing but shocked on seeing the pure hot and sexy figure standing in front of me. She looked nothing but delicious (from a man's point of view). You know the kind which men crave for? She was any day better looking than me! Most importantly, hers boobs were bigger than mine. She was curvier than me and she was so goddamn fair!

"Hi!" I finally said after recovering from the shock, smiling as vibrantly as I could, trying my best to hide the jealousy within.

There was this awkward silence between us for about a minute when I realised she'd been out of the apartment all that time.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Umm...come in!" I said as I gave her way to enter.

She entered with quick but careful steps (she was wearing those high heels; the ones from which if you fall, you die.) looking around my house. It appeared that she didn't give a shit about my house but well she did. (Everybody does!). I noticed her beautiful blue Lavie bag. It was the same one I was dying to buy the other day. (But when you forget your credit card at home, nothing much can be done! Nonetheless, the bag was gone the next day!) She was wearing an awkward and formal pink dress which was till her knee. It looked as if she had come to attend a business meeting. She had light make-up. One thing that I found odd was that she had one of her palms made into a fist. It was after a minute that I realized she was hiding something from me. She sat on the couch, while I stood. Then there was another round of awkward silence which I broke by asking, "You'll have a beer?"

She smiled a pure, fake smile and replied, "Beer's fine, yeah!"

"I'll be right back!" I said as I almost jogged into the kitchen wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

I tried keeping my mind free from any judgments about the woman outside but I just couldn't help it! Opening the refrigerator I took out two small bottles of beer and after preparing myself once again, I jogged back to the living room.

After placing one of the bottles in front of her, I sat comfortably opposite her. Before anymore silence could prevail, I decided to take initiative.

"I hope you didn't have trouble in finding the address. Your dick must have given you the right one." I said. (Trust me, I wanted to be super-sarcastic for this but I somehow controlled myself.)

"Excuse me?!" she said purely horrified, shock radiating from her face.

"I mean," I said, with some beer still in my mouth, "your private detective. The one you hired." My anticipation that she would be mortified by my previous words was confirmed.

Caroline

She is anorexic was what I had decided on seeing her at the door.

She NEEDS some fashion sense was what I had decided on seeing her clothing.

She is a bitch was what I decided when she asked me that question.

"Yeah, he's a great dick indeed!" I replied as the corner of the paper chit pierced against my palm. I tried to sound sarcastic but failed miserably.

She saw the failure and I sensed that she was planning to shoot some more arrows. I decided to speak when she cut me.

"So what brings you here? I mean why did you even wanna see me?"

"Well, I don't know. I just thought..."

I got distracted by the sight of her bedroom. The door was wide open which showed me almost whole of the room. I could mostly see the bed and a part of a brown book shelf. But I couldn't get my eyes off the bed. The shitty, goddamn bed! The white linen looked slept in with the sheets placed in a rough manner. It looked as if someone had just slept on the bed. Or had sex I thought, gritting my teeth. I couldn't usher away the thought from my mind; how much ever I tried. But I wasn't wrong, was I? I did think who would even think of making out with this stick-cum-woman but then I had evidence. Quite an evidence. She followed my gaze and turned to see her bedroom. I couldn't see her face but I was almost sure she was smiling. She turned back and took a sip from her bottle. She smiled her annoying smile again.

"Don't worry; Matt hasn't been here for like two days! In fact, I think he has been with you for the past two days."

She still had the smile and my annoyance level was reaching threshold. Plus, I was taken aback by what she said. How dare she think about my personal life and make a comment on it, that too in front of me! I kinda scowled and said "What makes you think that, anyway?!" trying to sound angry yet sarcastic.

This managed to heat her up a bit.

"Well, you were the one who called me yesterday and said that Matt has been two timing with us and you wanna meet me. I mean it's not rocket science to guess whom he could have been with if not with me!"

I realized I was losing the argument. I decided to fire back by telling a lie.

"As a matter of fact, he was not with me for the past two days. I was..."

"You're a lying bitch." She cut me with an expressionless face.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

"I said you're a lying bitch," she repeated without hesitation.

"And," she continued, "you're a shame to womankind. I mean who the hell hires a private dick to spy on her boyfriend?! Really? That's a great level of maturity by the way and good use of money too!"

It seemed as if she was born to be sarcastic. Every single word she uttered dripped with sarcasm. I decided to end the conversation. I got up and held my bad firmly.

"All I've come here to say is that leave Matt and me alone. Just...dump him. Okay?"

She nearly laughed at that but I could feel her anger. She also got up. I felt she'd walk up to me but she didn't.

"Why should I dump him? You're talking ridiculous things! As a matter of fact, he was my boyfriend before cheating on me with you. So just shut..."

I had heard enough. I couldn't resist. I had to say what had been inside me all that while. I had a feeling that it would shut her up. So this time, I cut her.

"You should dump him 'coz he doesn't deserve dating a flat-chested bitch!" I said it all in a breath. I knew the word flat-chested didn't exist but I was frustrated with everything. The moment I saw her I couldn't believe Matt dated her. She wasn't even beautiful! But I must admit it did take a lot of effort to say that to her.

The fire had lit. The damage was done. Since the time I had entered the apartment I had not seen that expression on her face which I could see then. She was astonished, embarrassed, pissed and what not! Her mouth was literally open as she gazed at me unbelievingly. I was feeling pretty proud about what I had said but at some corner of my mind, uncertainties of the consequences kept clicking in.

Now I was like five feet away feet away from her and I really doubted the fact that she would hurl back abuses at me. So as expected, the worse happened.

She ran like wind and leaped on me to plant a decent punch on my right collar bone.

Kelly

Embarrassed, humiliated, furious, astonished. Every freaking word in the previous sentence was an understatement to my state of mind when that total bitch called me that. Flat-chested?? I doubted the existence of the word 'chested' but yeah, it was pretty insulting! Okay, agreed that my boobs weren't as big as hers but that doesn't make me flat-chested! My legs completely gave away on the insult and I marched (OK, I ran) towards her. I literally jumped on her. I wanted to punch her on her face to ruin it but she moved it away so my fist hit her shoulders instead.

"Oww!" she moaned in pain, "You're a rusty, ill-mannered whore!"

I tried attacking her face but she defended by obstructing, using her hands to hold me tight. She was stronger than I had expected her to be.

"We'll see who has better boobs now, shall we?" Saying so, I lifted my fist aiming at her beautiful, perfectly shaped breast. I gave a glance to her horrified expression and lowered my hands with as much speed and force possible. But she was quicker. She held my fist tightly and in no time I was pinned to my carpet with her on top of me.

I was quite stunned at her strength. She looked all delicate and I'll-Get-Hurt-If-You-Touch-Me kind but as she held me strongly to the floor I could only gaze at her with surprise. I could see her eyes had become moist by then. Then to my surprise, she loosened her grip on my wrists. And then she left them completely. As if this was not enough the astonishment, she got up from top of me and instead of standing up and leaving, just turned and lay beside me on the carpet. I turned my head to see her. Her eyes were closed. I could see a drop of water mixed with her mascara oozing out from the corner of her eyes and wetting my carpet. And then suddenly I started feeling sorry for her. I turned my head back to the center and we both stared at the ceiling for about ten minutes. Then, without moving her eyes she said,

"You got some more beer?"

Caroline

[Two hours and seven bottles (each) of beer later...]

"He doesn't even deserve me!" I said the cheesy line for the hundredth time as Kelly put her hands on my shoulders, caressing them. We were both lying on her bed, facing each other. I could see her mascara was smudged with her own tears as she looked at me with her near-red eyes. I imagined how much ruined my eyes would have been by then because I had applied a great deal of mascara that day.

I remember once getting drunk when I was seventeen. It was my first break-up. I was heartbroken. I drank too much that day. I cried the entire night. But then I was okay; after one whole year!

"You know Kelly," I said wiping my wet face, "it isn't about Matt cheating on me or the break-up or whatever. It's my whole goddamn life! None of the guys I date love me! All they see is my fucking boobs!"

She looked at me empathetically, smiling kindly, her hands still on my shoulders.

"I hope I didn't hit you very hard..." she asked as she glanced at my shoulder.

"When I came to know he was also dating you I was really sad, but for once, just for once I thought I could somehow win him back. Make things alright. But when I met you...I had this...feeling...this feeling that you're so much better than me!"

I started crying. She wrapped her arms around me and we were in that position for several minutes.

"I seriously think I should get implants." She suddenly said her hands still wrapped around me.

I retreated from her hug and looked at her. She was smiling. Not her annoying smile; her friendly, naughty smile.

"Well," I said, trying to be naughty, "I honestly think you should!"

And I swear both of us were serious about it. Damn serious!

Kelly

I met Caroline again like two years later. She looked really happy and she had same curvy figure (I am not mentioning the boobs this time. Okay, I just did, didn't I?). I was on my way to work when I saw her with a little kid in the park. I walked up to her the moment I saw her.

"Hey! You look great!" I shouted as I walked towards her.

She was obviously surprised on seeing me and smiled. We hugged.

"Hi!"

"That's a cute son you have!" I said as I looked at the kid.

"Oh no, he's not my kid! I babysit him!"

We walked around the park for while talking about various things till my curiosity gave away.

"So...what happened between you and Matt?" I asked trying to sound casual.

"Oh, you won't believe! I went straight to his place from yours and as soon as he opened the door, I kicked him right down there as hard as I could! We never spoke after that."

That genuinely made me laugh.

"Wow! That was just..."

"Awesome?"

"Or non-Caroline? I'm happy you taught him a lesson, though!" I said smiling.

"What happen between you two?" she asked immediately with the least possible effort to be casual.

"Me? Not much! I never answered his calls, didn't allow him in my house. I had his credit card so I used it to blow all his money! It was fun! I just wish I could see his face when he received his credit card statement."

Both of us giggled.

"So you've finally got implants. Huh?" she asked staring at my chest.

"Oh yeah! One thing I used his credit card was for that purpose!" I said with a smile.

Then she became really chatty and asked, "So tell me, with whom are you hooked up, right now?"

I wasn't stunned at the question. Actually I loved answering it.

"Oh! He's great! He's a dentist. He has a clinic down Alderbrook Road." I said with a vibrant smile.

"Now that's a coincidence! Even my boyfriend is a dentist and has his clinic..."

She stopped in between. We both were staring at each other with blank looks, thinking the same thing.

"Please don't tell his name his is Evan!" we both chorused together.

I closed my eyes in deep despair.

Jesus Christ was all I could think and I bet she thought that too!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
189 Reviews


Points: 3183
Reviews: 189

Donate
Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:19 am
tinny wrote a review...



Ey up, Shiksha.

I have to admit that when I saw the title for this my initial reaction was to roll my eyes -- I expected it to fall into the 'other woman is completely at fault my man is innocent' trope, so I was quite pleased as I read through the two women come to realise that Matt is the problem.

I can think of a couple of areas that you could look at improving, that would help make your writing even better.

One thing that really struck me as I was reading was just how much focus there is on the appearance of the two women and how critical they are of each other. We're given a lot of description about what the two of them look like and it's a little bit of a distraction. The size of their breasts, how slim and tan they are, you could just tell us they were attractive and that would sum it up for us! You even say yourself at one point:

She looked nothing but delicious (from a man's point of view).


and yet neither of the narrators are male!

I found it at times a little hard to tell the difference between the two narrators as they're both very similar in voice and manner, but we're not given anything deeper about either of them.

When you're watching a TV show,the actors show us how the characters are feeling through the tone of their voice, their facial expressions, body language, and posture. In a few seconds they can convey a lot of emotion and feeling about a person's mood.

In writing we don't have this luxury though, and so as writers we have to make a special extra bit of effort to let the reader know these things.

Caroline is taking deep breaths as she leaves the elevator, but how is she feeling? Is she nervous? Is she shaking with anticipation? Does her voice crack at any point? Is she gripping the strap of her purse tighter than usual?

Including this, giving us a greater understanding of how the characters are feeling and reacting to the situation makes them more personable and easier for us to relate to. At the moment they can come across as a little superficial or shallow, and some greater description about who they are and feel as people, rather than just how they look, would help improve this for you.


Take care,

Tinny




User avatar
151 Reviews


Points: 388
Reviews: 151

Donate
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:15 pm
Pinkiegirl13 wrote a review...



Hi, Shiksha. This is Pinkie here for a special review. Well, this is a not special because people oes this all the time. Anyway, lets get started.

This story is very funny. I love it! I love it a lot! This is a great masterpiece right here. Also, where did you get that picture? Is this your book that you published or something? I don't know and I will never know...if you tell me. Like Renard said, this is seem like a movie to me. Maybe you should put as a play. Well, it is your choice so I don't give a crap about your decision.

The characters are very interesting which I love to read about them. They seem very amazing characters. Also, the plot is very good. Funny stuff, miss. I give it a B+. Don't judge about the grade. Anywho, have a nice day!

Awesome Job! :D

Cheers

Your reviewer, Pinkiegirl13




Shiksha says...


hey, thanks for the review. The Picture is like a cover that i made for the story.


Random avatar
charudatta says...


I am a filmmaker and would like to help you in making a short film based on this story. Its totally your wish..



User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:28 am
Renard wrote a review...



Hello.
This is a very experimental piece of writing.
You seem to be making a sort of movie here with this idea. And that's the thing - I think this would be better suited in a script format.

"Hi!"

"That's a cute son you have!" I said as I looked at the kid.

"Oh no, he's not my kid! I babysit him!"

We walked around the park for while talking about various things till my curiosity gave away.

"So...what happened between you and Matt?" I asked trying to sound casual


especially as this piece is so dialogue driven.

The interaction between the characters is good, but the description is quite minimal, so I would suggest editing in more adjectives and description. OR! Re-writing it in the format of a script.

Keep writing.
~R



Random avatar
charudatta says...


Hey I really loved the story. If i dont consider the grammatic perspective, the story has a brilliant aura.




"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester