z

Young Writers Society



The falling star

by Samsal


The falling star

A falling star seemingly nothing at all, but to some, everything. A dream lost, a glass broken, a kiss- a kiss that meant everything or nothing at all. The star falls slowly over a deep and dark hollow but brings light to this forsaken place.

The star falls still, but with little speed now, falling over the rooftops of many, spreading some sort of unseen common bond, among all who which it has seen. The star falls still, even faster now, though its trip is almost over and slowly begins to fade away and die. Just as quickly as it came, it is gone. Only what it has done still remains and the lives it has touched still remembers it. So it will remain until another comes and follows another path, creating more stories that will later be retold and more lives that will forever be changed.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 60

Donate
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:57 am
GML wrote a review...



I think that this should be a poem. Or maybe this could be a neat introduction to a short story about how a falling star affects someone's life. That would be a great lead-in.

I think you could "beef up" the description a bit, make it more vivid, let us see the star. Other than that, I thought it was beautiful.

Unless you are going to make this a poem, I would take out some of the repetition you have. You have a lot of it, and you'd probably be surprised how short this actually is if you took out any ideas or phrases that repeated.

A dream lost, a glass broken, a kiss- a kiss that meant everything- or nothing at all.

My favorite line is above, but I would take out the second dash.




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 1991
Reviews: 24

Donate
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 pm
Samsal says...



funny of you to say that. i was going to make it a poem, but then this happened so i just went with it. might change it if i feel like it. if the wind blows me that way(dont laugh at that) :roll:




User avatar
369 Reviews


Points: 15698
Reviews: 369

Donate
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:57 pm
Conrad Rice wrote a review...



This was a very good piece. You could make the description a little more flowery, but this stands great without it. I agree with the previous post on the poem bit. If you could work this into poetry form it would be very beautiful. But that's your decision, and this does work in its current form anyway.

:)




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 1991
Reviews: 24

Donate
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm
Samsal says...



thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D




User avatar
245 Reviews


Points: 1836
Reviews: 245

Donate
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:46 pm
Firearris wrote a review...



:) I like this piece! I couldn't really find any mistakes staring me in the eyes, great job, great idea! You could create more of a poem out of this,
Great job!

~Arris





cron
Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala