z

Young Writers Society



Decahero - Ch1

by Ryter


Edited:

The Decahero story, along with it's counterpart Uberhero, is no longer canon as written here. As is such, I have removed it. Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys get to read the real thing!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 23

Donate
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:44 pm
Ryter says...



I see... (taking notes)
but what exactly is an info-dump? (Whether or not if I've done that here)

Thanks for all the critiques!




User avatar
571 Reviews


Points: 14170
Reviews: 571

Donate
Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:54 pm
Esmé wrote a review...



Ryter,

This is… weird. O_o But in the positive sense of the word, of course. Especially the first part. It’s a response? A written response? If so, then turn it into italics, to make it stand out more. That’s all I have to say, really. Looks as if I’m not much help, but I really don’t know what to make of this. At least of the first part. For now, I’ll plunge into a false sense familiarity and deal with the boring grammatical-like issues:


Quote:
yes, that’s it.
Capitalized?


And that’s it for that. Again, I don’t really know what to make of this… I can’t help you with the spacing or anything, because I just don’t - I’m just lost. Puzzled. Perplexed. Bamboozled. I don’t understand. Or I do. Or rather, I haven’t ever read anything like this. ^_^ Hello, Test Subjects nr 1.

Commander Burgeon looks like an interesting character…

But back to your MC. *Cough* Or to your MC, since until now I haven’t mentioned it. The way you presented you POV is very interesting, and it drew me in. Point for you, there. What I didn’t like was the ultra-short sentences - it makes it sound a bit choppy. The style, however, I like. Ow make something of that, if you will.

I didn’t actually see any info-dumps, to tell the truth. And it’s all interesting, very interesting…


Cheers,
Esme




User avatar
161 Reviews


Points: 1419
Reviews: 161

Donate
Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:25 am
Fan wrote a review...



Although is was pretty good, one thing bugged me throughout. Pretty much over half of it was one big info-dump. This is a big no-no as it deters peopel from reading much furthur into your piece. Plot wise, it's not obscure and I can see roughly what it's about. If you worked on your info dump problem this could become pretty good.





"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard