Her portrait

by Royani

Her portrait was garlanded with old flowers, she was wondering how awful does it feel to be dead. She was dead years ago, but her twin lived long enough to cherish as ghost. 

Chakeber wrote a review...

Sooooooo, I'm not really sure what this is supposed to be. It's like two sentences. So I'll give some different opinions, based on different angles.

"She was wondering how awful does it feel to be dead" not very good word choice and grammar here. It would be better to say "She was wondering how awful it felt to be dead."

Then you go on to say "She was dead years ago, but her twin lived long enough to cherish as a ghost.

First of all, is this the same she as the her who was in the portrait and the she who was wondering how it felt to be dead? If so, and she's dead, than is she a ghost? Maybe explain that.

Is her twin cherishing her as a ghost?

Is it the portrait who is the she the whole time? I think maybe you should just try and add a little more and explain it further before you post. It is a bit confusing as to what it is and who it is talking about.

Brigadier wrote a review...

Hey there Royani. Welcome to YWS! It's just lizzy dropping by, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin.

1. I do not doubt your reasons, whatever they are, but until you write a little more to your story you may want to keep it under wraps. For the title you may want to have an uppercase P just for a more professional look. This is just a preference of mine and is completely a stylistic choice on your part. I always try to slip a line on grammar and spelling in, so here is what I have to say.

She was dead years ago, but her twin lived long enough to cherish as ghost.

In this sentence you only get to one comma before ending it. I know in many cases the period will act as the second comma, but something about this line felt off to me. I think another comma is necessary, I just don't know where to put it.

2. You presented a very interesting topic with almost no plot or description. I must admit the idea of a ghost and her twin is almost just enough to hook you, but not quite. Hooks are supposed to be short and quick to catch a readers attention. Your hook was too short and too quick. I did like the way you described what had happened and the word choice.

3. Sorry for such a short review, but I do have a couple words of advice. When you go to write another part to your story, simply add it to the bottom of this on. To do this just go to you publishing center at the top of the page and find this story. Click on it and it will take you to the piece. From there, there should be a bar on the right hand side and a box I think is labeled "Edit Work". If you don't want to do it that way, you better get in the reviewing mood. I have tips but you can find some better ones here Need Help Writing a Basic Review? or in the forum.

4. I really hope you write more, I would love to read the rest of this eerie and enchanting story. PM if you write another part.
Have a nice day/night.
-lizzy

Royani says...

Thanks a lot Lizzy for your wonderful words. Your review did meant a lot for me. Again thanks for taking your time to read just a short figments.

Firstly I would like to apologise for my mistake and yes a comma was missing in this case. Would you please drop by my blog and review my other works? You can also mail me anytime. :)

Email: rai.royani@gmail.com.
Blog: motleyoftales.wordpress.com

Best Wishes,
Royani Saha.

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)