z

Young Writers Society



An introduction

by RosaShahin


Hi everyone :) I'm new here and guessing  I'll have a great time .Let me  introduce myself.I'm a medical student who likes writing ,drawing ,singing and helping others .I'm here to improve my writing skills cause English isn't  my mother tongue .Feel free to leave comments on any of  my  coming works :) 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:33 am
Carlito wrote a review...



Hello!! Welcome to YWS, we're happy to have you!! You're definitely not alone wanting to use YWS to help improve your English. Kudos to you for having the courage to come here for practice!

New sites can be a little confusing, so let me give you a quick rundown. The publishing center (where this is posted) is designed for original works of fiction (either poetry or prose) that you would like a critique on. Other users then critique your work and help you improve. If you're nervous about this, feel free to include an author's note at the beginning to let people know what you're looking for in a critique (and you could also let people know that English is not your first language and you're trying to learn). Publishing in the publishing center costs 200 points. The best way to earn points is through reviewing! Reviewing is when you critique someone else's work. The YWS Critique Sandwich is a great place to start for figuring out how to write a review.

As the person below me said, this technically belongs in the Welcome Forum. All of the forums are free to post in. You can also post things on your profile. Since you didn't know, I'll give you 200 points so you can still post your first work whenever you're ready!

Feel free to send me a private message, write on my wall, or comment on this post if you have any questions or if you need anything at all as you get used to the site! I hope to see you around soon! :D




User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hi Rosa!
Welcome to the YWS :)
I certainly do hope you enjoy your time here, and improve your writing skills. For English not being your mother tongue, you seem to be doing great. I will give you a tip, though: when it comes to commas and periods, always put them immediately after the word they follow, then a space, then the next word. So this random phrase --- ...drawing ,singing and helping others .I'm... ---would look like this: ...drawing, singing and helping others. I'm....
Hopefully, that helps with any upcoming works, which I will definitely be excited to see.

Since you posted this as a literary work, and most new members typically go the Welcome Mat for an introduction, I'll mark this as a review and help you kick it out of the Green Room.

If you have any questions about anything on the site, just go ahead and ask the usernames in red or green. And don't forget to have fun! :D
I'll see ya around.
-rosette




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 492
Reviews: 25

Donate
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 am
Samk642 says...



Fantastic!!! Welcome to YWS! Can't wait to read some works by yah!!




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 1394
Reviews: 28

Donate
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 am



Nice to meet you!




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 2960
Reviews: 32

Donate
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 pm
SnowGhost says...



Welcome to YWS!





GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour