Responsibility

by AmayaStatham

No one has the guts to stand up

No one wants to stand in the leader's shoes.

No one wants to take responsibility

No one wants to make or take a decision.

No one is not afraid

***

Everyone is trembling with fear,

Everyone is looking for someone to make the decision.

Everyone wonders what will happen to them.

Everyone wants to be done with it

Everyone wants to go home

***

The leader picks up the pieces

The leader puts them back together again.

The leader is also scared.

The leader makes a decision

The leader also doesn't know the outcome.

***

No one stands with the leader

The outcome speaks for itself.

Everyone blames the leader.

The outcome is not what was expected.

The leader says:

***

"When you had the chance to make the decision, you didn't.

Now that a decision has been made, 

it's easy to put the blame on the leader.

Then you have someone to blame.

I made a decision when a decision had to be made.

I took responsibility when no one else would."

*

For Tony Stark and Bellamy Blake

Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:22 am
CarrotWrites wrote a review...

Helloo! This is Carrot’s review on this masterpiece that deserves much more! I’ll start off by saying that I’m not an expert when it comes to poetry, but I really enjoyed this and thought that it would be a good use of my time, reviewing this.

No one has the guts to stand up
No one wants to take responsibility
No one is not afraid

This immediately catches my attention, and I think that’s brilliant. I already know I’m going to learn an important lesson here. The format is also pure perfection. I especially love poetry with formats like these, and I think you did an awesome job at rhyming the words. I already have a few questions on my mind; why? Leader of what? But the phrase “not afraid” is too sudden, so you can say no one is unafraid/brave/confident.

Everyone is trembling with fear,
Everyone wants to be done with it
Everyone wants to go home

I might be wrong here, but when you previously mentioned that no one was not afraid, and you’re mentioning them trembling with fear. I like how you repeated the reason two times to show the teams inner conflict, why they refuse to take responsibility. Instead of starting with No one, it now starts with Everyone. Why is there no one standing up?

The leader picks up the pieces
The leader is also scared.
The leader makes a decision

The leader, I can see, is responsible. Although they don’t know the outcome and is scared, they make a decision, because that’s what a good leader does. It shows the difference between people, and why someone who picks up the pieces and puts them back together will become the leader. You need to face challenges, to take risks, to step out of your comfort zone. I like the theme you’re telling here, and it couldn’t have been better.

No one stands with the leader
The outcome speaks for itself.
Everyone blames the leader.
The outcome is not what was expected.
The leader says:

But only one person dedicated to their work can’t succeed, at least not before many many tries. The people blame the leader but they know it’s their fault, because they won’t take responsibility, like before.

Now that a decision has been made, 
Then you have someone to blame.
I took responsibility when no one else would.”

The leader can’t change them, but they tell them the lesson. When the leader took the responsibility, the leader is responsible. But the others would not, and whoo is it to blame?

This is such an inspirational poetry, and you really (I mean really) should be proud of it! That’s all, and I wish you the best day!

-Carrot

AmayaStatham says...

Hey there,

thank you so much for reading and reviewing my poem!

Amazingly yours,
Rinisha

CarrotWrites says...

Hey!

Of course, it's my pleasure!

-Carrot

sugarscherrypop wrote a review...

I enjoyed this poem a lot!
I like how it explains the pains of leadership and when everyone is given a decision and they turn to a leader and get upset when they don't get the outcome they want. More people should be able to make collective decisions instead of relying on one person.
I also really like the parts where it says:

"The leader is also scared"

I feel like it gives insight into how the leader may feel and how a leader isn't always as brave as people would like them to be.

"Everyone is looking for someone to make the decision"

This supports my statement of how people always look up to the leader for the decision rather than making one for themselves.

And lastly,

"The leader picks up the pieces"

I really liked this line because usually when you're a leader, you act as a care taker for everyone else in the process.

Keep up the good work!

- Cher ✨

AmayaStatham says...

Thank you so much

- Rinisha

Rose wrote a review...

Hi there,

The poem speaks to the issue of leadership and responsibility in times of crisis. Your highlights the reluctance of many people to step up and make difficult decisions, and the fear that pervades the atmosphere.

The poem also acknowledges the role of the leader, who must be willing to take on the responsibility of making the tough decisions, even if the outcome is uncertain. The leader is portrayed as someone who is not immune to fear, but who is willing to act in spite of it.

Your message is a powerful one, reminding us that leadership is not just about having the authority to make decisions, but also about having the courage to do so. The poem speaks to the importance of accountability, and the need to accept responsibility for the outcomes of our actions.

(By the way, both Bellamy and Tony are on my list of favorite characters ;-)

Amazing!

-Rose
https://rosewriting12.blogspot.com/

AmayaStatham says...

Hi @Rose

Thank you so much for your review!
I'm happy we're reading from the same page of the book.

- Rinisha

AmayaStatham says...

"Responsibility"

Is a word you need to be careful with. Do know that once in your life, you will and are going to have to take up the responsibility for something.

Don't be scared when that time comes, just believe in yourself and everything will work out.

Amazingly yours,
Rinisha

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien