z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

From zero to hero

by Raymund


COMSKI1FINAL TERM

Name: Visleño, Raymund Louis B.

Section: T1B

From Zero to Hero”

Technology is the product of science. It is ever evolving through the years. I remember when my father first bought me a Game Boy. I was really amazed on how it worked and really enjoyed its games. As a child it never occurred to me that that product of science is just the beginning, and that the world today will be filled with it. Who would have thought that a tiny device like a Game Boy will be one of the roots of something bigger? Technological advancements and Gadgets as far as the eye can see are what today can offer. Gadgets offer us convenience and have many variations and types. These gadgets come in variation such as gadgets for entertainment, gadgets for research and education, and gadgets for transportation.

Gadgets for entertainment include television, game consoles, music players, communication gadgets, and cameras. The television is perhaps the best example of gadget for entertainment. Has been commercially available in the late 1920’s, television has been the main medium of public opinion (Television, Par 2) and has been a tool for enjoyment of the whole family. Probably every home and every household owns a television and is enjoyed by its owners. Video games consoles on the other hand, were invented in 1950 and were meant to be played on television (Video game console, Par 1). Now, next generation consoles are the hype, as more and more people, young or old, play video games to their heart’s content. Even I enjoy different video games and own numerous game consoles. Another gadget for entertainment is the Music Player which was popularized in 1997 (Portable media player, SaeHan/Eiger MPMan, Par 3). This device has been popular to teenagers and now almost everyone is enjoying their music in their pockets. The most popular of the communication gadgets is the mobile phone or cell phone which was first demonstrated in 1973 (Mobile phone, Par 3) . Today, this device is owned by everyone, and is the most useful communication tool for people. Texting, calling, and a lot more things are offered by mobile phones, especially now that mobile phones have evolved into smart phones. And lastly we have the cameras which are used in taking pictures and recording videos. A camera is an optical instrument that records images that can be stored directly, transmitted to another location, or both (Camera, Par 1) and these images may be still photographs or moving images such as videos or movies (Camera, Par 1). Documenting precious moments have never been so easy, with just one click from your camera.To put it simply, these mentioned gadgets are for the enjoyment and entertainment of people.

Another variation of gadgets is the gadgets for research and education that includes Computers and Laptops. The Computer is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operations (Computer, Par 1). This device has been helping man in problem solving since Blaise Pascal invented the Pascal Calculator in 1642 (Limited-function early computers, Par 2). Today, the computer is the most helpful device whether in problem solving or research and studies, and now fully functional and really advanced. The invention of computers is a great breakthrough and has a big part of what our world today is like. Then there are the laptops. Generally, laptops are computers with the same function that are made portable and mobile. They are obviously handier than a Personal computer because you can take it anywhere. Laptops can be brought to schools which can aid a student in his/her studies. So in other words, computers and laptops today help not just students but also researchers in their field of works.

Lastly, the other variation of gadgets is the gadgets for transportation which includes GPS Maps, Tire Pressure gauge multi-tool, and the Front and rear recording dash cam. GPS maps are a satellite navigation system designed for use in automobiles (Automotive navigation system, Par 1). They are used to acquire position data to locate the user on a road in the unit's map database (Automotive navigation system, Par 1). This device is really handy especially for those who love to travel. This device is equipped in your automobile and can save you a lot of time and effort rather than opening a map and deciding which way you’re going. Next is the 6-in-1 tire pressure gauge multi-tool. This tiny tool has a tire pressure gauge, tread depth gauge, LED flashlight, bottle opener, flat screwdriver, and key ring with quick release. And because it’s so lightweight and portable, it can be clipped to your keys or just tossed in your glove box for a rainy day (6-in-1 tire pressure multi gauge tool, Par 2). It’s like the Swiss knife of car owners, convenient, compete, and handy. And finally we have the front and rear dash cam which records the front and the rear view of your vehicle. It can also be rotated 180 degrees to check the sides of your transport (Front and Rear recording dash cam, Par 2). So if you ever got in a collision with another vehicle, you will be able to know what really happened. These are just some gadgets that may come in handy in your vehicle.

Gadgets may vary into different kinds. The three variations of gadgets above are just a few examples. Technology truly is ever evolving. Someday these gadgets will improve and increase. It will be more convenient and entertaining. Our research will be a whole lot easier. And of course, our vehicles will be equipped with the latest gadgets. All of these are possible through technology. These gadgets will continue to serve its purpose as a helpful partner to man.

References:


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 pm
pauuulinejoy says...



Loved your title! It's pleasing to the ears, in mine though. Gameboy, that cool stuff. I think that it was the first gadget to be invented in years. :)




User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 pm
shielamendoza says...



Good title. Easy to understand :)) Job well done




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm
kriselleabby says...



You have a point on your essay. Keep up the good work! :D




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate

User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 am
Joshuagarcia says...



Nice essay :):):):

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 am
Rejean Noprada says...



I cant deny, your title speaks a lot. It is very eye catching plus the fact that the points and thoughts you explained really correspond to it. This is good, you did great!

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:12 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Nice title. It is very catchy. :) You have a very informative essay. Job well done, Mr. Visleño. :)




User avatar


Points: 449
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:59 pm
akosisab says...



very well said ..




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 689
Reviews: 16

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm
krizshelbenalycabral wrote a review...



It is a good read, but watch out for the capitalization of some letters. Some words in the middle of sentences that are not proper nouns have their first letters capitalized, but then they shouldn't be. But over all, it's good. The title is catchy too :)



Random avatar
Raymund says...


onga no. haha :D thanks for that :D



Random avatar

Points: 319
Reviews: 1

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm
johnabulencia says...



very well Said! :D




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:35 pm
Raph says...



I like it because it is very interesting to read




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Gab-writes says...



A well written essay. It really shows that technology has shaped our lives. Nice work!

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm
Gab-writes says...



A well written essay. It really shows that technology has shaped our lives. Nice work!

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:00 pm
charles23mds says...



Nice one. I like your essay. Keep up the good work.




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 14

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm
nadinefampo wrote a review...



A worth reading work. Technology became a part of the innovation in our lives. It's development had transformed the way of living in each of us. It is of this technology advancement, that caused the everything to work easier and more accessible.




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Von Icasiano says...



awesome, never thought you could write well. do some more.

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:48 pm
Dylan says...



Nice, bro. Good organization of thoughts, use of transitional devices, and addition of personality.

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 pm
Euclarkie says...



Ooh, not bad. Thanks a lot! :D god bless you.





Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda