z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My Love Story

by RandomGirlWriter05


I would do anything for him. I would change for him. One day I got up my courage to ask him if I am ever on his mind. He said no.šŸ˜•I asked him if he thought I was pretty. He said no. šŸ™I asked him if he wanted to be with me forever but he said no. šŸ˜žI felt the tears forming in my eyes. I asked him one more question. I asked if I left would he be sad but he said no.šŸ˜¢I started to cry.šŸ˜­ I wanted to run šŸƒā™€ļø but he grabbed my arm. He said ā€œ You're not sometimes on my mind because your constantly on my mind. Your not pretty because your gorgeous. I donā€™t want to be with you forever because I need to be with you forever. šŸ’• And if you left I wouldnā€™t be sad because I would die without you.šŸ’•šŸ’”ā€

This is the moment I knew he was for me. I knew I wanted him to be mine but I just needed to know before I moved any farther. Now I know and Iā€™m ready to spend the night. I know a lot of things I will regret but that's the point. Iā€™m supposed to make mistakes and learn from them. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna do.

One day we were playing a game and I was hiding behind a house while he was looking for me. He found me but came up behind me and hugged me. I was surprised and jumped but I turned around and hugged him back. We were alone because our parents didnā€™t care where we were as long as we were alive and we called daily. So I spent the night at his house because it started storming.

ā€œIā€™m scared šŸ™ā€ I said. ā€œDonā€™t worry youā€™ll be ok because Iā€™m with youā€ he said in a deep passionate voice. I looked into his eyes and I knew I was safe. They a huge lightning bolt hit near us and he loss power. I was facing him then I put my head against his chest. We were laying in his bed at his brothers house. Both of our parents were living outta town. He hugged me and kept me warm. I canā€™t believe whatā€™s happening right now. Iā€™m laying in he same bed as the guy who I liked forever.

How did I do this? Iā€™m not sure but I like being safe in his arms. I like feeling the warmth of his body warming mine. I like feeling his fingertips running against my back as he soothes me to sleep. Everything about him makes me feel calm and safe. Why do I only feel this way around him? I know that I love him. At least I did....

I didnā€™t know what hit me when he broke my heart. I asked him why he was avoiding me but he said ā€œI canā€™t answer that question.ā€ The next day I figured out why. He was planning a surprise gift for me. He flew in my best friend that moved to Florida.

I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. I couldnā€™t believe he would do that for me! I guess he really did love me. But trust me this isnā€™t the end for its only the beginning....

Everyday I would kiss him every time I saw him. I loved him so much that without him I would still be so broken that I wouldnā€™t even still have a heart. He hurt me so much that I might not even be alive if it wasnā€™t for my new bf Max.

He meant everything to me and I knew he felt the same. I jumped into his arms and wrapped my leg around him and told him ā€œPlease donā€™t ever leave me because... well I love youā€šŸ„°

I didnā€™t think he would hug me so tight I could barley breathe. I wish that he was still the same guy I fell in love with but he changed... I found a new guy and his name was...Jackson.

Everyday he is the only one that notices the little things that I change about myself. Heā€™s the only reason that I would ever change. Heā€™s the one and only guy for me.šŸ„°ā¤ļø Everyone used to bully me because I liked him so much but I never cared tho. I never understood why he would stare at me in class and always try to be right beside me. Like today my hair was lighter and he was surprised. Thatā€™s why my ex and myself were never too close. Me and Jackson (Jack for short) would always make jokes and mess around. I would love for my and my ex to have the same relationship but itā€™s all ruined because of HER!šŸ˜Ÿ

She stole him from me and I didnā€™t even see it coming. I guess that Max doesnā€™t love me after allšŸ˜“. ā€œI donā€™t think I can go one like thisā€ I kept telling myself everyday in the mirror until one day I gave up. I waked up to max and asked him why would he play with my feelings like that and he didnā€™t say anything. All he did was nod me off and kept on with his conversation. I started not being able to breathe then my vision started to blur and the next thing I knew I was shaking and in the floor. All the other people just stood by and so did Max.

I woke in the hospital with a tube down my throat with Jackson and Max both by my side in tears. I didnā€™t believe Max was there because he hates me but yet here he was.Jackson was no surprise because I know that he would always be there for me. That day my parents were still in Illinois and Iā€™m in Georgia. I didnā€™t have anywhere to go again so I went home with Jackson. Itā€™s no surprise that Jack didnā€™t let me do anything but lay in bed. Only a few times he would leave me alone to do things around his brothers house. His parents live in Wisconsin so he lived with his brother.

I was so cold that when I got up my skin was ice cold and pale so he didnā€™t let me leave without him right beside me. He didnā€™t want me to have another seizure and mine are so bad that I canā€™t breathe and itā€™s like Iā€™m underwater and someone is pulling me down. Jack said ā€œYou have to stay with meā€. I asked why and Jack saidā€œ Because I need you to stay with me because i love you and I need youā€.

I laid back down and laid my head on his chest. He did exactly what Max did. He rubbed his fingertips across my back and kept me warm. Last at night he got up and he woke me up not knowing he did. When he came back it happened again! When he came back to comfort me he found me just in time to save me. I was face down having another seizure. We didnā€™t go to the hospital this time so he ran a cold bath and put me into it not caring if I still had my clothes on. I woke up soaked with him by my side and rubbing my back. I tried to get up but I couldnā€™t because he was keeping me in the bath until he got a towel.

I was so cold that when I got out I had to change so luckily I had some extra clothes and after I got changed I tripped over something and Jackson barged through the door not caring if I was dressed or not. He said ā€œare you ok? What happened?ā€ I told him that I tripped so he carried me to his bed and covered me up. He slipped in beside me and once again my head was on him.

The next day we went to school and we stayed beside me the whole day no matter what I did. I swear at one point I wanted to hug him so bad. I didnā€™t tell him but I had a medical condition to where sometimes I can have pain attacks, be paralyzed, and I could be ice cold and not be able to be warmed up. I donā€™t want him to know that Iā€™m especially really fragile. At his house I played a game of softball with him like I used to do all the time and he hit my weak leg. I immediately collapsed and I couldnā€™t get up. I couldnā€™t get up and I was paralyzed.

The next day I wasnā€™t able to move so I just laid on Jacksonā€™s bed and he cuddled me and kept me warm.šŸ˜Š I love him.ā™„ļø I know this sounds weird but I wanted to stay with him. I never understood how much someone could love me until Jackson showed me.

That night I couldnā€™t sleep so I just stayed up until around 3 am and the power went out. I was so scared that i couldnā€™t even handle myself that at one point I just started crying. I hate being in the dark and being alone. Jackson was right beside me but yet my nerves were still shot. The whole neighborhood lost power. I was the only one awake at 3am and I was scared.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
498 Reviews


Points: 5966
Reviews: 498

Donate
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:27 am
Que wrote a review...



Hello RandomGirlWriter05! I'm Q here to review your piece today. :)

I must say, the emojis are an interesting addition to your story, but do they really add anything? You're already telling this story with your words, and I think that's what you should focus on unless the emojis have a special meaning.

One thing I got really hung up on while reading your piece was the two boys. There's Max and Jackson, but sometimes I can't tell who's who! It's Jackson at the end, but is it Max at the beginning? You've written about Max not loving the narrator, and breaking the narrator's heart, but because you keep switching to scenes of Jackson, it's unclear what exactly Max did and what the narrator did in response to that.

Personally, I thought that the narrator was in love with Max, another girl stole Max from her, she ended up finding Jackson, and even though Max was with someone else, he still cared about the narrator when she was in the hospital. Is that right? I can piece together the story, but it might help if you separated the pieces of it a little more so that the transition between them is clearer. The emotions behind this are very vivid, but the organization needs to be a little more coherent for them to shine through. :)

On a little bit of a technical note, this last part feels very improbable. What exactly happened to the narrator that landed her in the hospital and kept her weak after leaving? If it was something really bad, her parents would surely come out to see her as fast as possible! The hospital would probably want to keep her for a few days to make sure she was really okay, and they would definitely not let her go home on her own--especially not to some other guy's house. By the way, was the narrator just staying home alone while her parents were gone? Was there no one to take care of her?

One fairly easy way to fix this would be to have the narrator staying with an aunt or other family member. That person would take her home from the hospital and make sure she's okay and stay with her in the house. Then Jackson could also come with because he cares for her, but he's not the one signing out her out of the hospital or taking her to stay at his house.

That's about all I have to say! This is a nice story. It seems like the narrator has had quite a time of it, and I hope she's able to settle down and find love. Will there ever be another part to this? The last sentence is a little bit of a cliffhanger! Good luck in all of your writing endeavors! :)

-Q




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:14 am
Horisun wrote a review...



Hello, Horisun here!
I'd like to start by saying that I enjoyed this. It was very interesting, indeed. However, there are a few things I'd like to point out.
First of all, the emojis should probably go. They are great for texting, but you should let your characters communicate the emotions. You probably should cut them out, for that reason.
Second, show, not tell. This VERY important. I think there is the occasional tell that improves the story, but "I was so scared" Didn't really make me feel connected to the character, if you had said something like, "I shook" Or, "A shiver went down my spine" Both of these examples are a little clichƩ, but they are an improvement to telling.
Also, every time a new character starts speaking, make a new paragraph, so we know someone new is talking.
Another thing, everything seems to be moving way to fast, one moment, she is madly in love with this guy called Max, who loves her in return, and they can't seem to live without one another, and suddenly, she's in love with this guy called Jack! And I'm not even certain how the Max and the girl fell out. (Was the girls name even mentioned?) And they hate each other? Am I getting this right? Maxes name isn't even mentioned until halfway through! I think the pacing needs a bit of work, because it's leaving me a bit confused.
Also, I feel like it ends very, very suddenly, like out of no where. The last line didn't seem like the best ending, and I think it could be improved, or even added upon. You could have shown her and Jacks connection, where he says one last bit of dialogue that sums up the moral, that would've been great.
Lastly, there were a lot of grammar issues. There were I's that needed capitalized, and comas before buts, try going through it one or two more times, and you'll catch these mistakes.
Please don't take this as me being mean, I want to help you improve, this is my opinion as a reader. If I misunderstood something in this piece, I apologize. I hope to see more from you in the future!




Horisun says...


I do want to say, that you had a very strong opening paragraph!



User avatar
162 Reviews


Points: 1865
Reviews: 162

Donate
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:24 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...



Hello there!
I know this is really late, but I just realized I never welcomed you to YWS! I am so sorry! Anyway, Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here. Okay, I'll jump right into this review. There is one thing I want to make clear first. If I sound harsh at all, I don't mean to be, so I apologize for that. Also, feel free to ignore everything I say if you don't like it. :). I do like this story a lot. It brings to life something that just about everyone wants at some point or another. Someone to love, and someone who will love them back. Someone will be loyal and trustworthy, but most of all, Always have your back, as you will with them. (Actually, that may just be me...) Enough rambling! Sorry.

So this sentence needs a little bit of editing:
"ā€œ Your not sometimes on my mind because your always on my mind. Your not pretty because your gorgeous. I donā€™t want to be with you forever because I need to be with you forever. šŸ’• And if you left I wouldnā€™t be sad because I would die without you."

It's just a little awkward to read. Maybe try something like this:
"You're not on my mind sometimes. You are on my mind constantly. I don't think you are pretty, because you are gorgeous. I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. If you leave, I'd be more then sad. I would die without you."

I know it's not much of a change, but it doesn't make it quite so awkward to read.

Next:
"I know that things might happen that I might regret but thatā€™s the point."
Again, just a little awkward. I would try this:
"I know things will happen that I might regret, but that's the point."
I know it's not a huge change, but sometimes it doesn't need to be.

Alright, I'm not going to go through every single sentence and paragraph. I just pointed the ones that bothered me the most. Besides, I have to leave material for others! :)

I hoped this helped and hopefully I wasn't to harsh. Looking forward to more work from you!






Thank you so much for this reply! I will try to include that on my next story <3




Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered