z

Young Writers Society



How To Survive The Zombie Apocalypes in Eight Simple Steps

by Questio


HOW TO SURVIVE THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IN EIGHT SIMPLE STEPS:

1. Buddy system – Always go in groups of two or more. Four eyes and ears are harder to sneak up on than two. Plus, you can always leave the undead a snack while you escape intact.

2. Blades don’t need reloading – While guns are fun and effective, eventually you are going to be in a situation where the walking dead outnumber your bullets. Always have a melee weapon handy in case zombies get to close for comfort.

3. Double tap – Just because it looks dead doesn’t mean it is. They always look like that.

4. Less hair, less risk – No matter how much you may want to feel your luscious locks wave in the wind, just imagining getting your hair caught in a garbage disposal is enough to send even Rapunzel running for scissors.

5. That’s not Johnny… – No matter who they used to be, zombies are zombies. You may have to disembowel your coach, girlfriend, ex (don’t look so happy about it), or even your best friend. It’s just a fact of life.

6. Avoid crowds – Large groups of people are just buffet lines. Keep groups small, and zombies will likely move along in lieu of a few extra bites.

7. No I in team – Working together to gather supplies, find shelter, and slay zombies always works better than doing it alone.

8. Don’t be a hero – Your actions matter, so make them good ones. Be that guy.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 290
Reviews: 7

Donate
Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:16 pm
ABHISHIKA wrote a review...



hello there Questio...
a very warm greeting to you...
The work is really good and humorous and i appreciate your ability to gather up these points into small single liners.
so yeah, the idea of keeping a blade ready is actually really logical. Me too hands raised for that! pretty much the advice about the team work and the one being the smart guy..frankly it applies to our life too...doesn't it?? And the crowd following tradition too..i like that you encouraged the readers to stick to their instincts and survive just like Abraham Lincoln's idea to not follow the crowd. And finally yeah slaying the zombies even if its our very own friend actually speaks out the reality in life too - to cut off people who spread negativism around us, even if its our friend or probably to cut off the fake people in life.

Well, am done and all the best... keep posting!!




User avatar
472 Reviews


Points: 25
Reviews: 472

Donate
Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:24 pm
Lightsong wrote a review...



Hey, I'm here for a quick review.

Anyway, I adore this piece. The steps are spot-on, with passable logic and reasoning behind them. I like how you put in a sense of humour on telling them to us. It really makes reading more fun. Its simple structure doesn't make it hard to read at all.

Number five I think is the wittiest there, what with the ex thingy. I think putting a "!" or "..." at the end of the line under the bracket would make it more effective.

My other suggestion is at step number eight. I understand your use of strikethrough and underline to emphasize the "actions matter, choose wisely" thing, but a first glance read makes me not notice this. Instead of that, how about changing it to "Do/n't be a hero". It's less confusing and simpler.

Anyway, this is neat and nice. I look forward for pieces like this from you! Keep it up! :D




User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 344
Reviews: 7

Donate
Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm
wallacies wrote a review...



Hello!
Just wanted to say that I found the layout of this to be really refreshing! The fact that you managed to compress what you wanted to say in a list format was really cool, and pretty funny too.
Obviously I don't have any criticisms - ordinarily I'd argue that you should try and add more depth and story but because you were on a limit it makes sense? So that's pretty much that.
You should totally consider adopting this into a series of short stories based around each of the 8 themes in the future, or something!!! i dunno i liked it a lot though :^D

have a good day!!!





Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness