Haven

by Procrastinators.Inc

Chapter One:

8th grade new student

A short girl around five feet and a inch or so walked into her fourth period, mentally swearing at her father for forgetting where her school was. WHO the hell drives around for four hours trying to find a school. Sighing softly she opened the door to Art, her teacher, Mr. Tang. A tall Asian man with short spiky pitch black hair and Asian black eyes, young maybe twenty five.

“Ms…?” he questioned his soft voice lingering,

“Vitality Bristol, call me Tally or Tal though!” Tally’s cute slightly masculine voice was cherry and happy, earning a few glares form the un-cheerful class mates. Her pout lips curved into a cute smile as she sat behind a very tall tan male. “HI! I am Tal-”

“Your annoying, shut up,” the male growled, his unusually deep voice grumbled. Tally frowned her lips tuning into a real pout. He turned and looked at her his thin lips turning into a snarl, “I don’t like air-headed Barbie girl blonds!” Tally blushed as the class room erupted into a fit of snickers.

Mr. Tang quickly re-capped over there project and since it was only the second day of Art, they were assigned to draw anything so he could put some kids into Gifted and Talented. Tally, sharpened her black charcoal pencil and grabbed her brand new sketch book and began sketching a anime character. She started by drawing a head and adding large eyes and shading them a light grey giving the conclusion of green or blue eyes. She drew a long neck and frail shoulders, drawing long large curled blond shaded hair next. Adding long arms that crossed over a small chest and a barely curved body and long legs. Adding baggy ripped jeans with chains hanging off and a punk black shirt and a choke collar necklace and fingerless gloves she finished her piece.

Taking out some colored charcoal pencils, she added bleach blond hair and teal green eyes, peach skin and shaded a button nose with long black eyelashes. Giving her pale blue jeans and blue skater shoes and black gloves. “Whoa!” Mr. Tang snatched the sketch book from Tally who attempted to grab it back and fell on her face. “ A true artist! Alec, take a look she can join you in the art show!” the tall tan male, ‘Alec’ glared in envy as he crumbled up his sketch and shifted his body weight to face her with a steel cold glare.

Tally grumbled as she wiped the dust off of her black sweat shirt and wiped her hands on her pale blue baggy jeans. Tugging nervously on one of her low pigtails. She smiled shyly at Alec who’s lip lifted in a snarl, the bell rang. I’m safe for now… she thought gloomily. Looking at a crumbled white sheet of paper she located her next class, “Mmk next is….Pre-Algebra!” she paled she hated math with a deep fiery passion.

She walked down the hall and avoided being crushed by the stampede of students. Alec rammed her into the lockers making her squeak and throw everything into the air. Now this may be were she falls into her true love and he saves her from the dark knight, well, put this book down if that’s what you thought.

Growling Tally collected her books and stomped into Pre-Algebra. Sitting behind a shaggy haired boy. He turned to glance at her, his face flushing. “Hi I’m Tally!” her voice was once again cheerful. He smiled shyly,

“Hi…I am Myles!” He had a flushed face over his olive toned skin. Grinning Tally examined him more, he had a long frail nose and sharp high cheek bones and the frail feminine appearing pale pink lips. He was so young appearing and naïve looking.

“MYLES TURN AROUND!” he sent a scowl at her and grumbled and shrunk in his seat. Tall frowned, great she got on someone else’s shit list. “Class we have a new student, this is Vitality Bristol!” the teach was a tall potato of a woman, she was a black women with thick to large of lips and a too delicate of a nose. She had sharp silver eyes and was mean. Her black nappy hair was in a tight bun and flecks of silver.

“Um…Ms..?” Tally questioned meekly. The tall woman gave a snappy glare,

“If you looked at your sheet you would no! I am Ms. Grinder!” her high pitched voice was annoyingly mean. Tally paled and muttered,

“I rather people call me Tal or Tally, umm, please…?” the teacher looked at the pale grim face of Tally, Oh my fucking god I don’t need a teacher having me on ‘er shit list!

“Well than, Tal, lets start with our first lesson. Myles keep this new child out of your trouble path!” she snapped at the meek boy who squeaked at his name. Tally frowned, she lost a chance at a friend.

The bell rang signaling the beginning of Sixth period, scrambling out she ran into a tall girl, she could’ve been five seven. She carried four text books and five thick ass binders. Her short bobbed hair was a deep red brown, her lime green browns eyes glared,

“Watch it!” her voice was snappy as she scooped her books up and walked off.

“…” Tally just groaned was this school out to get her? Mumbling she stalked her way into sixth period, Language Arts. A short plump woman, who was quiet pretty greeted her with an animated cheerful voice, she had tan skin and pale blond hair cut short and very curly. She was just two inches taller than Tally herself. “Hello! I am Mrs. Joy Luna!” Tally smiled, she seemed nice.

Mrs. Luna was a fun animated teacher who made Drama much quicker than all the kids wanted. At one fourteen they all left for the cafeteria. “So, Tal, what do you think of our school, home of the Wolves!?” Tal grinned,

“Eh I miss my school, home of the Hyena’s. But this is great!” the school was new and huge. With the silver accent and red tiles. (the school colors) They walked into a huge cafeteria that had booths and large and small tables.

“Okay our team is the Snow Wolves-” she pointed to the silver and white booths on the far right. “There is the team-” she pointed to the red and silver side, “Red Desert Wolves.” Tal grinned and thanked Mrs. Luna. Walked over into a small booth that has the girl she bumped into,

“Umm, hi I’m Tally!” the girl scowled and stuck her foot were Tally planned on sitting. “Saved.” two girls walked over one was tall and stick thin while the other was tall but more plump. Tally blushed and walked off into a single booth.

She opened her black lunch box and took out her rice dumplings and ate slowly letting the tears burn her eyes.

Aren’t I lucky, no friends and people already dislike me.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:23 pm
Night Mistress says...

interesting.....pm me when you have more.

i would suggest to you go back and read aloud to yourself, because some of the words don't go.

i hope this helps.

The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire