Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

Wicked the Musical

by PrincessOfDarkness

I watched it yesterday. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I would give it 10000000000/10.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!

goalfish100 wrote a review...

Hey there!

Yes I would agree that Wicked is second to none. It is the best musical I have ever seen. One of the reasons being I never knew what it was about before I went to see it although I was aware that it had something to do with the wizard of oz.

The plot was just fantastic. The idea created that in fact Glinda was the bad witch and Elphaba was the good one really twisted the whole Wizard of Oz story around and made you think that everything is not as it seems.

In terms of the acting, it was fantastic and the voices were magnificent. I would definatly recommend it to anyone who hasn't actually seen it yet!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 am
NovemberNovelist wrote a review...

Wicked the Musical is my favorite musical. I love the story and the characters. Elphaba might be my all time favorite character from any work of fiction. The songs are very uplifting and fun to listen to. I've listen to Defying Gravity literally hundreds of times. The plot is pretty engaging too, both times I saw it I got very caught up in it.

LiverTeaTime wrote a review...

I can't say I've ever seen the musical itself in person, but I do enjoy the novel of it. Well, I mean, what I've read of it so far. I'm about halfway through, around there? I'll be honest, there are parts that were hard to follow, but eventually I caught up. From what I have seen of the musical (Youtube clips, ect...), they differ quite a bit. Glinda/Galinda isn't nice as what she seems to be in the musical...from what I've seen anyway.

BelarusBirdy wrote a review...

My family and I went to see it in Chicago. It's amazing!!!!!!!! :D I love it! I love at the end of "Defying Gravity" when she flies up in the air. It was so awesome! I listen to the music all the time!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:32 pm
KyleTheGreat13 says...

Some of the best music ever written!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:20 pm
LoveStrykes says...

Why do you like it? I've never seen it nor have I read the books, but I'd like to know why people like the musical so much.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:56 am
RedBird says...

Wicked is one of my all-time favorites...Has anyone read the books? They're really, really different from the musical, but good all the same!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:03 am

Same!!!!!!! xD

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:13 am
halogirl4197 says...

I LOVE that musical! The singing was amazing and I loved the idea about how the witch wasn't REALLY a bad person! It just blew me away! XD

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon