Home » Literary works » Poetry » Lyrical

Writing's a pain.

by Princess

Writing’s a pain,
I shall not lie.
My character’s confused.
the plot is feigned.

My writing’s atrocious,
the syllables are awful,
I can’t find a rhyme,
the theme is ferocious.

My writing is rotten,
the facts are wrong,
my grammar is terrible,
the story’s forgotten.

Writing’s a pain,
I shall not lie.
I bid you farewell,
I won’t write again.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 am
Liberty wrote a review...

Hello Princess!

Hope you're doing well today or tonight, depending on what side of the world you are on, obviously. I'm here to give you a review for RevMo! Let's start right away!

Alright. So I adore how you've got the perfect emotions here and it's all so relatable - something that makes your reader like your piece better! Your wording is fantastic and the punctuation was just flawless! The grammar was perfect, and I didn't see anything that needed to be corrected. The way you've shown as your master piece is very great. The structure is wonderful too! A pat on the back from me, Princess! :smt023

Okay, so I'm done with my review, and I hope it helped in some way or the other. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me whenever!

And as always...

~Liberty

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:01 am
fluteluvr77 wrote a review...

This was really good princess! I'm glad you aren't quitting writing though...Hehe, you're waaaaay too good to quit :)
It's a pretty common theme, but the way you portrayed it made it really unique and good.
Haha, I know what you mean, I get stuck like this so many times :(
Anyway good job!

fluteluvr77<3

tori1234 wrote a review...

That was very nice.

I so know what you mean about being a terrible writer!

And the way your poem just flowed, it was fantastic!

This is like something my English teacher makes me read (though if all of them were as good as this she wouldn't have to make me!)

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 am
Princess says...

Once again, I am NOT quitting writing. I just thought this was a good idea for a poem. I love writing and I shall do so for the rest of my life.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:12 am
evanrith wrote a review...

Well there could be such a thing as a good bye to writting I just hope it's a myth.This poem was wonderfully funny and witty(witty is an odd word) it sounds like when you are talking to someone who just discovered writing and they give it up for absolutly the most inane reasons it sounds like that in a good humerous funny way. yeah. This is a really great poem although I would hate writing to end it holds the idea of why one woulddo it for all the wrong reasons.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 pm
Clup91 says...

No such thing as goodbye to writing!

OfferingUpMyOwnConfusion wrote a review...

Hey! I really loved this poem. I can relate 100 percent. When i try too hard to write something substantial it comes out like vomit on paper haha.

Anyways, I liked just about all of it except for the line about your character being a whore. I didn't think it flowed with the rest of your ideas in the poem. Perhaps confused or misunderstood? Something that goes along with the rest of the stanza.

But all in all it was great! I really hope you do keep writing. You're a natural at it!

=]

justme~ says...

That's very cool.
Sounds like something I would try to write but couldn't. hehe.
I like it though.
It's annoying when your head gets all stuffed up and you can't come up with anything you think is good!!
and that happens to me a lot=P

Explosive_Pen wrote a review...

This was beautiful. I think we all know and have experienced the pain that comes along with writing. This was very well-written and the rhyme scheme's creative. Except in the first stanza. For some reason, my mind stutters when it tries to rhyme "pain" and "feigned." And in the second stanza, the word "suck" doesn't fit in with the dignified tone of the poem.
Other than that, very good. Don't stop writing!

Princess says...

No no no! I love writing! I just thought this would be rather witty.

dragnet says...

If this is what you really believe, then you din't belong here! No! Talk to the hand!

Stori says...

Don't stop writing! This was very good.

100xstupid says...

I love how it flows along. I hope you're not really giving up, your words need you! I like the rhyming scheme of abca, because it means that you don't have to put any lines just because they rhyme, so the reader get the full meaning of the piece.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake