Home » Literary works » Other » Teen Fiction

My Story...

by PlainandSimple

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

To begin my story. My parents were 13 (mom) and 16 (dad) when they fell into a relationship. I cannot say it was love because it wasn't. They were dumb teenagers who didn't know anything. They made foolish choices, which lead to me. I was born on June 27th, 2000, a blonde baby girl. They weren't ready for the consequences of their mistake. Nor were they prepared. It left them with only two choices. Adoption or keep me. They chose the best for them, which was putting my 1-year-old self up for adoption.

Soon after, they found me an adequate home. And so I moved 2,000 miles. I was young. I thought my life was amazing. I saw no wrong with anything that was going on. When I was about 2, I saw my (now) mom shoot something in her arm. What was is? I wasn't sure at such a young age. Now I know it was heroin. I knew my mother acted weird, but I thought it was just her personality.

I woke up one day, and I was so excited. It was my 4th birthday. I ran out of my room and straight to their bedroom. My mom got up and told me to shut up. She picked me up, walked me to my bedroom, and threw me on my bed. I must have hit my head because I remember sitting up, holding my head, and crying. She walked out and locked the door. I'm not sure how long I was in my room when I heard someone come in. I remember it sounded like a man. I heard lots of moving around in my mother's room, and I being so young I didn't know what was happening. Now I think they were having sex. (Mind you, she did have a husband). A few hours later, I heard the man leave, and my mom came and unlocked the door. She told me it was time to celebrate my birthday.

I got a piece of cake, and she put a candle in it. I blew it out. Later that night, she shot more heroin, actually she overdosed. Thankfully my dad was home and called the police.

After that, my mom wasn't in my life for a few months. She was in a program to get off the drugs. My dad was angry and lonely.

*Authors Note ~ I want to get out of my comfort zone, so this is not fully read through and fixed. I want to post something that I'm not finished with to gain confidence. I also want advice from other amazing writers, constructive criticism is highly appreciated! Thank you for reading, I will be writing more soon once I get this part fully renovated.~

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:42 am
BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...

This is my first review and first day at"YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY." I accidentally clicked here.
i am so glad you are the first person i am reviewing @PlainandSimple.
you wrote it as your username says. Hats off to you for sharing your story putting it in front of so many people.
you are truly an epitome of courage and inspiration for a newbie like me.

thank you so much !!!

Your author's note indeed touched my heart. Accepting the fact it is still a long way to go in this sphere and how you invited healthy criticism.

You are truly an inspiration.

Why thank you! This really means the world to me! I hope you have a fun time on this website. This place is full of amazing writers and nice people, so I'm sure you will fit right it!

<3

Not at all. your piece of work was nice and you deserve all the love .

thank you for your wishes... you are an inspiration

Rin321 wrote a review...

Hey, Rin321 here to leave a review; happy review day!

Can I just say, wow.... I cannot even imagine. Can I just say how amazed I am that you're even sharing this? I cannot imagine what it's like to put your life out there. So many people are quick to put on aires to show others how great their lives are to make themselves feel better, but you're so raw and honest and human, it really strikes deep.

I cannot imagine what that must have been like at all :( Your family situation has to be hard now, and I'm curious but also nervous to hear what happens after this because the beginning is certainly not good :( You're so strong and I hope you know that! Writing is one of the best outlets, so I hope that writing this has at least helped a little.

My only hope is hopefully rehab helped your mom some so she could treat you better, but only you know that until you continue to write to let us know (if you're comfortable with that obviously.)

As far as grammar and such there is nothing to address, all is well and straight-forward.

Thank you again for sharing such sensitive information, it really takes a strong person to do that. Keep writing!

~Rin

Oh, thank you! I really appreciate these kind words! I will be writing more for sure! Thank you for the review

Rin321 says...

No problem! :)

Sorry, there was more I wanted to say, I was just rushed. Like actually really thank you! I would have never shared my story if I wasn't inspired by all of the amazing writers on this website. It really has taken me far out of my comfort zone. A few years ago I would have never thought about sharing anything about my story a few years ago. Thank you for taking time out of your day to review my story. :)

Rin321 says...

It was my pleasure! I recognize how hard it can be to share the ugly truths, take that negative energy and always turn it into something good! Keep up the great work :)

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:51 am
AndName wrote a review...

Hi!

AndName again and I applaud you! Also, really smiling cause I can actually give good advice! This piece, while short and sad, is amazing because you can feel the emotions. I love the way you deadpan hand out the story, almost as if you're saying, "I dare you to judge me, world."
Honestly, this makes me a little jealous of how brave you must be to cough up the less than perfect details of your life.
Away from the joyous applause and onto the writerly write stuff.

I don't think you should necessarily add the disclaimer at the beginning, though I understand why you might use it. I think you should rate it at 18+ instead of 16+ because that covers basically anything that might come up. (I got in trouble with admin over rating something 16+ cause I dropped the f bomb :( ) Along similar lines, I would replace the section where you put in how if you refer to your mom from then on with a sentence within saying that. The section above, while informative, takes away from the main body of it. I don't think there isn't any reason to soften the blow of your story, people can simply click off if they don't like what they see (Which I frown upon cuz it's your truth.)

I can't find anything else to mark with a red pen so i'm just going to point out the things I liked some more.

I can definitely tell you got out of your comfort zone, while still retaining the voice I recognize from I want to be a writer... You've got this great way of stating things, questions, while the emotions get across somehow (I dunno how you did it, once again, I am jealous). I love how you tell the story of your birth parents and the almost adventure like feel of you moving in with your adoptive parents. Your birth day morning to when you receive the cake is roller coaster like with the feels. I've been thinking of writing my less than stellar childhood myself but i've never got the courage to do it.

I applaud your bravery and sly slipping of emotions *applauds*. I'll now be reviewing your other Green Room work because I really like what you do so far!

AndName

Oh thank you so much, I will be fixing those things. I will also remove the disclaimer then. Once I get those fixed I will definitely be writing more on to this! You are so kind, thank you for that. and yes your advice really helped me out. In a way, I guess you inspired me, which can be hard to do. You didn't have to say much to let me see that you were right. So thank you thank you thank you!

_ @PlainandSimple _ :)

PlainandSimple says...

I hope you enjoy!

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -