Home » Literary works » Other » Other

It's the end of my life...

by PlainandSimple

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

Hey, pretty lady!

How's life going for ya? I'm sure wonderful as always! I'm sure college is also going great for you since your the smartest in our family! I saw you run track the other day, and dang! You were fast. I gotta say, I wish my future was as bright as yours is when I was your age. You're gonna make it somewhere in life, I'm telling ya! I remember when you were a young scout, always messing with me. And, I might just say, meeting you right when you got adopted was the best moment of my life. It's like you're my daughter too, my only daughter that is!

Something I've regretted most in life was never having kids, but at least I got to watch my favorite niece grow up. You became such a beautiful girl! Maybe I also regret never getting married and never having someone to love. Somedays I sit and think about what life would be like if I went to college, and got a good job. Maybe my life would be better now, maybe I'd be happy. I haven't been for so long, and I really want to be. I don't know if that will be possible in this lifetime scout.

I want to be around to watch you get married, and have kids. Maybe you'll even get married to that nice boy you're dating! I can't though. Life likes to give me obstacles I sadly can't get around. Scout, you know that I love you, right? I would never want to hurt you, or the rest of the family. You know that right?

Damn. Look at me, 53 with no life ahead of me. Now you tell me what's the point. You will make it far, you will accomplish everything you've ever wanted. I'm so very proud of you little lady. I'm not doing this because of the family not loving me enough, I'm doing this because I can't love myself enough.

Scout, I really hope I don't see you soon. I love you with all my heart, always remember that.

Goodbye, my sweet dear. 

LZPianoGirl wrote a review...

**My Thoughts**

Hello @PlainandSimple. This letter is truly heartbreaking, so I am not going to treat this as one of my regular reviews. I’ll just say what I think and how I interpret this letter, wish you the best and carry on.

**What I Think**

This letter is saddening. Your uncle sounds like a wonderful man, so nice and kind, but ridden with sadness. Especially this line:

It’s heartbreaking. He loved all of you, yet he couldn’t handle it. Was it the pressure of being single at 53 and lonely? That’s what it sounds like.

My parents believe that someone who commits suicide was wrong in the head - obviously, this letter proves them wrong. Your uncle seems perfectly fine, he just didn’t love himself, as he said here:
I'm not doing this because of the family not loving me enough, I'm doing this because I can't love myself enough.

This letter is one of the saddest things I have read in a long while, but I thank you for publishing it. It raises awareness about suicide and the reasons people do it. I wish you only the best and have a very amazing day.

Thank you so very much! This means alot.

Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 am
AtlasW says...

I feel like a piece like this doesn't warrant any type of review, but I did want to let you know that I am so sorry for your loss. Suicide, and mental health in general, can be such a soul crushing topic, and it shows a lot of strength that you decided to publish this. It was evident in this letter how much love your uncle felt for you, and I can only imagine what it was like to receive this letter. Wherever your uncle is now, I hope he is no longer in pain, and I hope that you and your family will one day be able to heal.

I'm sending you and your family all my love, and if you ever want to talk, about anything, don't hesitate to reach out. My PMs are always open. <3

Yours,
Atlas

That is very kind! Thank you so very much for the comment. It really means the world :)

Wed May 13, 2020 7:08 am
mememimer says...

Hey, I hope you are okay.
Keep fighting and stay strong!

<3

JesseWrites wrote a review...

Hello, I am Jesse here to show some appreciation and love. Well, it's not a review review.

GENERAL OPINION-

Very heartfelt. I got a waft of sadness reading this. You can't make anything more emotionalized than a real life accident. I felt this in my bones. Not going to lie, I cried a bit of tears.

GRAMMAR AND SPELLING-

It doesn't really matter. I found nothing wrong.

PUNCTUATION-

Same here.

CHARACTERS-

This is a letter, so it only references one person as the writer. Also some secondary people, but it isn't put in the spotlight.

OTHER-

Scout, I really hope I don't see you soon.

This is really emotional. Dang.

Farewell for now,
Jesse.

Thank you for the review :).

Thu May 07, 2020 8:46 am
Gravitem says...

Much love. Please take care. <3

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi