The Stalking Thought

by OptimismUnderRain

I entered this for a poetry contest and wanted some feedback.

Silence
Fills my room.
Confusion
You must assume.
Regret
Reminds me of the past.
Doubt
That this won’t last.
Haunt
Is what it is.
Forget
Is what it needs.
My heart
Has been grieving.
Love
Is the feeling.
Thoughts
Are everywhere.
Dread
As I lie there.
Reminisce
Of every detail.
Pleads
Through my heart.
Leaving
Is what it fears.
Want
Is what it hears.

Boolovesyou wrote a review...

Silence
Fills my room.
Confusion
You must assume.
Regret
Reminds me of the past.
Doubt
That this won’t last.
Haunt
Is what it is.
Forget
Is what it needs.
My heart
Has been grieving.
Love
Is the feeling.
Thoughts
Are everywhere.
Dread
As I lie there.
Reminisce
Of every detail.
Pleads
Through my heart.
Leaving
Is what it fears.
Want
Is what it hears.

I like it, but its a bit confusing. Maybe thats what you were going for, if so bravo!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 am
Bivrax wrote a review...

Silence
Fills my room.
Confusion
You must assume.
Regret
Reminds me of the past.
Doubt
That this won’t last.
Haunt
Is what it is.
Forget
Is what it needs.
My heart
Has been grieving.
Love
Is the feeling.
Thoughts
Are everywhere.
Dread
As I lie there.
Reminisce
Of every detail.
Pleads
Through my heart.
Leaving
Is what it fears.
Want
Is the only thing it hears.

I really liked it! Amazing! It was simple, and very calm, almost! Keep up the good work.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am
ArcticMonkey wrote a review...

Heya, here to review!

Overall, I think the message behind this poem was sort of clear, but at the same time left me something to think about. I liked your use of subtle imagery, you didn't use tons of adjectives to describe things yet you picked some really good words to help me picture everything. Now, the subject of this poem isn't that original, however you have put your own twist on things to make it your own. Let me go into more detail now...

Firstly, I really liked the layout because it stays the same, and keeps quite good rhythm throughout. I actually still felt that it was quite hard to keep in rhythm because at some points the syllables aren't the same so it kind of drags on, and becomes one of those poems with forced rhyme. What I also didn't understand was why it rhymed at the beginning then lost the whole rhyming structure? Not to say that it's a bad thing, I've just never seen a poem like this. Also, I liked the full stops after each line.

The techniques used in this poem, there weren't many but I still iked it. Like I said before, the imagery is really great, and it's quite short, which is good because I think if you'd have made it any longer the whole structure would start getting tedious. Again, I loved your choice of words, and there's not much more to say about that.

Finally, the emotion. I did feel some, but not a lot, I felt you didn't take that long to write this. I still did feel some though, with poems it's quite hard to judge emotion.

Anyways, hope this helped! I'm really bad at poetry reviews, but I tried my best.

~Tamara x

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451