12+

Shoe Shopping

by OliviaWhoWrites

Shoe Shopping

Promises hidden in pink patent pleather

I can make you taller

I can make you leaner

more desirable

better.

Their tantalizing whispers reel you in.

Devilish she-twins,

who are quick to tell you that

promises come with a price tag

of 89.99 U.S dollars,

along with an aching soul

coupled with aching soles

at the end of your night out on the town.

tgirly wrote a review...

This was an amazing poem. Wonderful imagery, sharp humor, and a deep message.

My favorite lines was "Devilish she-twins".

You could use some more punctuation, especially in the first half, but that's a quick fix.

I don't know why, but the last line feels off to me. Maybe if it was just "at the end of your night out" it would sound better? I don't know. But other than that, the poem has a great flow.

I might suggest breaking it into two stanzas, I don't know where, but it feels a bit long to all be one stanza. That might just be me being weird, but it's something to think about.

That's all I can really think to say; it's just too good I guess. Still, I hope this short review helped. : )
-tgirly

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:27 am
ItsCharley wrote a review...

Hello Charley here to review your poem!

I have to agree with @runawaylove your punctuation needs work, you need to add commas so it looks much more neater. It also helps the reader take a pause after every line so it sounds better to themselves.

I also agree with @Albanafsagia that it seems you could add more. Like it's incomplete and there's something missing from the poem, maybe you could take a moment to think about that?

Other than those two things it's brilliant, I very much liked it :)

Hope I helped, keep on writing. xx

-ItsCharley.

runawaylove wrote a review...

Hey, Runawaylove here to review your poem!
Now, This poem is just awesome. The descriptions are amazing. I really like the way you portrayed the fact that everything comes with a price. As a girl, I could actually feel all those things. However, i don't think the punctuation is correct.

"Shoe Shopping
Promises hidden in pink patent pleather
I can make you taller
I can make you leaner
more desirable
better."

These lines end with a full stop but in the middle there are no commas. I think to slow down the reader and to make the poem look better you should add some commas. Other than that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this poem.

That's all I have to say. I usually like long poems so I think you could make it a little longer and explain more. I enjoyed reading this. Keep writing! Hope to read more. :)

grammar is hard and i dislike it immensely
— Icon