z

Young Writers Society



Stray chapter one :)

by Nyanya


chapter one

SANITY

Im a stray and I'm proud.

Its true. I love it out here. Great place. Meet me. I'm that crazy-looking cat with a spike collar, white fur, and red eyes. Most other strays call me Sanity. The truth is, I wasn'tborn here. I ran away at the age of eight.

I always stared out the window at the city,happily,until my mom came over and was all like;hey,quit it already yo. Uh uh.

And I'd be all like;no!!!!!!! AHHHHH Yo-

Ah, ok. Enough of the flashbacks. It's real now.

It is survival which is hardest.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
4107 Reviews


Points: 254788
Reviews: 4107

Donate
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:20 pm
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

Anyway let's get right to it,

Im a stray and I'm proud.

Its true. I love it out here. Great place. Meet me. I'm that crazy-looking cat with a spike collar, white fur, and red eyes. Most other strays call me Sanity. The truth is, I wasn'tborn here. I ran away at the age of eight.

I always stared out the window at the city,happily,until my mom came over and was all like;hey,quit it already yo. Uh uh.

And I'd be all like;no!!!!!!! AHHHHH Yo-

Ah, ok. Enough of the flashbacks. It's real now.

It is survival which is hardest.


ALright, so this is a bit of a confusing piece here, on one hand it reads like a partially cut off piece off of a first chapter, but then it could also be something like a prologue that's somehow designed as a flashback for some reason. Its kind of an inbetween and I think it needs a bit of a second look for you to figure out what you're going for here.

One thing that's really intriguing here is that this is quite ambiguous with the main character, I genuinely cannot judge whether the main character is a cat or a human here, and that introduces and interesting element of surprise into things here. In addition to that, well from what I can see this looks to be someone that ran away from their house and this flashback shows their mother spotting them leave. That bit there in the center is a bit hard to make sense of there. I do like the point it ends on though, there's a nice cliffhanger of this person/cat having to focus on surviving alone which certainly makes you want to find out more.

Soo, overall an interesting looking premise, but it needs a decent amount of cleanup here for this chapter to fully make sense and it does look a tiny bit incomplete here.

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




Random avatar

Points: 785
Reviews: 7

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 785
Reviews: 7

Donate
Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 pm
Nyanya says...



Read er comment




Random avatar

Points: 785
Reviews: 7

Donate
Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:46 pm
Nyanya wrote a review...



OMG
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehe(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)





No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance