z

Young Writers Society



The Kid

by Nicola


This book was my first ever true story book and it was excellent I want to read t again and again. The book is about is about a little boy who gets beat up by his mum she doesn't beat any of her other kids up just him. His dad is a fireman so he never sees his mum beating him up because he is always at work. He adores his dad and when his dad dies he doesn't know what to do.

' I think it is one of the shocking stories that i have ever read in my hole life'It is a great book you should all read it.....

The book is written by the man his self Kevin Lewis. He wrote his first book for his wife............ You should buy the book now it is so so so good.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 11

Donate
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 am
docyuris85 wrote a review...



Kevin Lewis grew up on a council estate in South London. Beaten and starved by his parents, ignored by the social services and bullied at school, he was offered a chance to escape this nightmare world and was put into care. Despite his best efforts to make things work out, his life spiralled out of control. At the age of 17 he became caught up in the criminal underworld of London, where he was known as 'The Kid'. From the violent anger he suffered at the hands of his mother and father, to the continuous torments at school; from the way in which he coped with rejection from people he trusted, to suffering from bulimia and a wish to take his own life, Kevin succeeded in making a better life for himself.





oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos