by Neost

I am putting these out fast because I am writing about three chapters a day. Please tell me what you think :D enjoy! if you havent read chapter one dont read this yet. (i have to edit chapter one, which I will hopefully do soon.) Rated PG. some people may not like how this character thinks.

The day passed by slowly, but faster because of my new friend. We seemed to click together automatically and I introduced him to the two teacher s we shared and showed him around the lunch room and such. Basic everyday things for a new student. Good job Chris, start him off small with lunchrooms and then pop out the big “Oh by the way, we had the same dream, that must mean the world is coming to an end” and end it with a cheerful smile just to seal the deal. Luckily for me, my mind soon eased and by the end of the day I was beginning to truly believe that it was some odd coincidence. We shared the beginning of the day class together and the end of the day class together. We also shared lunches which made it easier for us to stick out as two losers instead of one loser. I could tell he was smart from the beginning by the way he knew everything in the book and what seemed like the entire world on both Algebra and English. He told me that both the classes seemed to bore him. Lucky. I wasn’t as smart. I had to study for days before tests and quizzes to make sure I passed off with even a B. He was in class for one day and it felt like his grade was better then mine and the rest of the class put together. He told me about his hobbies, including drawing, acting and writing. He also spent most of his time reading novels by prolific writers of the time. “They teach me everything I need to know about life,” he had told me at lunch. By the end of the day I said my goodbyes to him and we parted ways. He got picked up by the bus and I got picked up by car. Something told me that this was no ordinary Jack.

On the car ride home, I was quiet as usual, starting to re-ponder my thoughts about this triangle. My father was trying to discuss politics with me for my next research paper in English. It was on ‘Politics in America compared to politics around the world’. Fun stuff. He was telling me about all of these political groups that seemed to be in constant debate about which one was wrong when a sudden idea struck me. He had begun talking about religious symbols and how politics were effected by religion. What if this triangle is some sort of religious symbol? I took out a piece of paper and wrote the three most important things in a humans life. Faith, strength, knowledge. For some reason my mind had led me to this spot where I was now stuck with three words on a piece of paper, getting out of the car, half heartedly listening to my father talk about the president. The words played with my mind as I trounced up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom. The first thing I did was jump onto my bed and lie there thinking about the days events. I wanted sleep. My head swam with thoughts of Jack and the triangle. It all began to hurt and I turned off my lights and closed my eyes to drift off to a uneasy nap.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I realized was that I was out of breath. I glanced around me and realized that I was having some sort of out-of-body experience. It was raining and cold inside the bus stop that I seemed to be awakening from. Welcome to the twilight zone. My mind was still focused, which surprised me greatly because at stressful times, my mind usually crumbled. In this dreary place, I was thinking more then I had in months. Almost instantly after awaking, I knew that I was not alone. Even though the raining was beating against the glass ceiling of the box I seemed to be in, the mood around me was natural, cool and calm. I didn’t want to look over at the figure standing only feet away from me. The thought of someone sitting there in a out-of-body experience with me scared me greatly. I thought these were private affairs. My mind was strong enough now to make unhumorous jokes. It took me an instant to notice that I was drenched in water, dripping from my hair and chin onto my soaked jeans. I closed my eyes. I knew that I was looking into the depths of hell itself. Flames did not creep up towards me to devour me like people believed it would. What burned was my brain. It was pumping new ideas, blurry and undistinguishable, faster and faster making me rethink where I was every three seconds. For once, I wanted it to calm down. I counted to ten slowly and noted that it started to work. My mind cooled slowly and I reopened my eyes to gather my surroundings in with me. A bus stop in the middle of a heavy rainstorm that seemed to rage on both the outside and the inside, contradicting all things my mind at one time thought were real. Deciding that I must know exactly what this figure meant by being with me here, I looked over towards him. I was shocked by how normal he looked, how believable he seemed. He was much older then me, with claret colored hair and a well kept beard and mustache. His emerald eyes shone with a passion that I had not seen in my entire life, as if at once they seemed welcoming yet had a well hidden violent side. I was mesmerized by his earthliness. He seemed so young and yet so old at the same time. My mind racked at me again saying that it did not make sense. Suddenly and very gently, he turned his head towards me and gazed for a moment into my eyes. A smile broke across his face. “Hello there. Sorry about all the rain. My name is Colin.” He offered his hand to shake mine. I stretched out my hand weakly and shook his large tight grasped hand.. “It is an honor to meet you, I must say.” An honor? I straightened myself up and looked at his eyes, which seemed to be almost fascinated by me. “What do you mean, honored?” Somehow I had the power in me to pull that sentence together. It was at that moment that I realized I was not in hell, but on the bus stop leading me there. His eyes widened and he gave me an odd look. “You will understand in time.”

The light flicked on and I heard a soft yell from behind me. I bolted up immediately to come to the conclusion that I had fallen into a semi-deep sleep. When you awake from a quick sleep you can tell by the way your body is not ready to deal with the quickness of waking up. My eyes were blurring and my heart pounded rapidly as if it were trying to escape the cage that held it. I recognized the voice. It was my mother and I saw her standing at my doorway with a worried look on her face. “You are going to bed earlier tonight.” I grimaced and walked out the door after she left.

I knew it was dinner time and I had a lot to ponder over.

That night as I was trying with my best efforts to drift off into a humble sleep, I got up again and walked slowly to my couch. Without making any sounds, I turned on the television. The war was on. Flashes of light from the bombs filled my room for a good while. I could not take my eyes of these horrific events. Why was war a necessary thing for the human race to live and be happy? Are we going to kill each other for years over what people two-thousand years ago said? Going to war is pointless. If there is a God, he knows it as much as I do. With that thought, I turned the television off and stumbled over to my bed. The clock next to my bed read 2:14 Am, but I did not believe it. I turned it around and fell into bed and closed my eyes and tried to keep myself awake. The trick worked and before long, I was fast asleep.

Neost.

stilltyping wrote a review...

I enjoyed this chapter more than your first. It was very interesting and different, engaging.

I recommend making the transition into the dream a lot clearer, though. I had a hard time picturing it until the end of the vision, and was very confused by the casual reference to a bus stop. I think the idea is good, but the actual description needs to be reworked, in order to be better understood.

Other than than that, keep posting your chapters.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart