The other side

by Myself

~Part 1~

Here I am, high, in middle of green or blue, looking straight ahead like I allways do since a couple of years. If someone was looking at me he or she would probably think: "hey, this guy look hypnotyzed, weard." or something like that. The truth is that I feel in some sort of trance. It's because of that things.

-"Hey stop, stop...I'll catch you!"

Back then I was running in a graveyard. Yes straight amid the tombs. Maybe unusually but that day was wonderfull, the sun was so bright and the colors around me so warm and soft. Near there were some trees, so green and big. A lot of people was there, I definitly wasn't alone. Evrywhere there were only legs. Guess I just wasn't high enought to see all the faces or maybe it wasn't really important back then. I remember only one face there. It was a woman, so young and beutifull. Guess she had long brown hair but I'm not quite sure and she defently was in some kind of long dress. The air outside was hot and no clouds in sight so it could be summer. I remember that woman smiling, such a nice smile but in my mind she is stuck like in a photo. Strange a photo, in a graveyard. I know I was wearing a nice black suit, a small one but without jacket. I was in black trousers, white shirt and a black waistcoat with such small for me now but normal for me then, black buttons with four holes.I was so happy. I was feeling peacefull and greatfull. What a strange thing today at any funeral I would say to evry person that dare to smile something like:

"What the fuck are smiling for? Don't you realize she's dead damn, DEAD!" Who knows why I was acting like that back then. Maybe I wasn't able to understand what the death was, or maybe deep inside I just knew that to die is not as bad as we think nowadays. After all back then I was a newcomer in this world so maybe I had a more powerfull bond with death then now.I don't really know what happened after, we went in some sort of vale, so green, or maybe not.The only thing that is in my head is this child running and smiling and the whole world had no limits, no time, no spaces. Who would ever understand, looking at me that...

-"Why are you sad?" was I asked.

-"I'm not." I answered a little surprised thinking something like "Do I look sad?"

-"Yes you are." insisted that person again.

-"No I'm not at all. I was just thinking" I told this returning a little back to my thoughts.

Here I thought why people think that other are sad when they are thinking about something. We can never know what is in their minds. We take just a natural face aspect when we think. But this natural face often is understandt like sadness.

-"What are you thinking of?" asked that person again with some sort of interest this time.

-"Nothing." I just cutted short and quickly.

"Nothing huh?" these words suddenly apeared in my mind. I thought why we usually answer "nothing". We don't want other to know what we are doing or thinking? Could that be the reason? But if we came to think about this wouldn't our lives be more interesting if evryone instead of saying "nothing" would say the truth? There could start some interesting discution on that purpose and people would end knowing each other better and strenghten their bonds and trust emotion. But no, we prefer to say "nothing".How sad.

Suddenly my memories of that child were turning back and in my head there was again the little boy running and smiling. And somehow I managed to see a person not far from that took a quick look to me then turned his eyes down. No special thoughts were passing my mind in that instant but one second after i realized that i had a smiling face due to that memories with the little boy. And here I realized that the man passing before was thinking something like:

"That fucking dumb shit is smiling about me. I know that!" I just felt that.

But mine was just an inocent smile, such harmless and peacefull.It's so sad how someone can missunderstand it.Guess it can't be helped. Yep, so sad.

~Part 2~

Meanwhile another memory invaded my mind. It was about the place I used to call home. Meybe it was the same year with the graveyard thing or maybe not. The fact is that the same little boy was there. It was a long and wide street or at least it apeared so in my mind. There was a lot of houses on the both sides of the street. Evry of that house had a sort of courtyard. It wasn't like in american movie with green grass well done and beutifull white doors. Nope, there were some dirty and crappy houses. The green color was very persistent in that picture. In gardens there were some fruit trees. Most were cherry and apples. On the right side of the street there was a high stone pillar. I guess it was for electricity. There were also other kids around, all playing toghether in some sort of hit and run game. The house I used to call home was near that stone pillar. The fence had a dark red color and it was from metal with some ornamets on it. Anyway you could see all what was happening in the garden. The same garden was split in 2 parts by a road made with two columns of stone blocks. At the end of the road there was a house. A nice one with ornaments and with white and black splashes on it. There were some stairs in fron, about four or five. Then the door of the house with half wood and half glass. Going down on the street round the corner of dark red extent there was another short road made of mud. But since the day was sunny the mud turned solid and it was easy to go on it. The children went on that road and at the end there was an old car. It hadn't weels or doors. It was abandoned and children where used to play there. The little boy was now in the garden, near the front hedge there was a deep pool with some water in. The pool was opened and that child was looking in.

-"What are you doing" Asked a man walking to the little boy.

-"I'm watching the water" said the boy cheerfully.

The man that I will call from now on GT was quite tall and had a good muscled body. The shoulders were large enought and he had strong arms.He was wearing a pair of jeans turned on 3/4 and a brown sqared shirt with under a white T-shirt. He was half covered with some sort of light brown mud and some splashes were even on his face. Well, a usuall man that was working on a construction.A green tube was running from the house's stair to the deep of the pool. The man took the boy and putted on his neck.

-"Let's go." said he.

The little boy was following the tube with the eyes as the two of them were walking from the pool to the house. They both

got to the door and there GT asked the boy to take his shoes off.

-"Why?" asked he pulling off the right shoe.

-"You'll see. Well have some fun" answered GT smiling pleasured.

~Part 3~

-“The lunch is ready” said she loudly.

-“Hump? Oh yes I’m coming” I said absently

Once again I was waked up to cold reality. I gave a last look over the green grass under the house and over the trees in front and lazily entered the kitchen. The table was already settled and half of the things were on it. I took the bread and started to cut it. I’ve putted three pieces of that bread near her dish and three near mine.

On the table there was already a tasty salad made with tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, oil and vinegar. There were also some filled red salmon, three kind of cheese, some juices, water and she was about to bring some hot mashed potatoes with sauce on. In other words there were some of my favorite foods.

We seated and I thanked her as always for the food she cooked out and we started to eat. Passed some minutes she asked:

-“What were you thinking before?”

Suddenly as always the word “nothing” was ready to get out. It was already on my lips when I forced myself to close the mouth and I reminded the earlier thoughts. In particular these words: “…the life could be more interesting if we tell the truth…”

Yes, now I remember, I used to lie a lot in young ages, but one day the things changed, I didn’t hide anymore my thoughts from others. The idea to tell the truth whatever it would be was accepted by me, but that same day…

-“Are you okay?” asked she a little worried.

-“Yes…sure.” I answered confused.

Several seconds were passed since she asked me something but I forgot the question.

-“So, what were you thinking about?” she asked again.

-“Oh yah, well about some memories”

-“Memories? What kind of memories?” continued she.

-“All kind.” I said evasive.

Since she noticed I wasn’t in vein to talk about that she just said with a wondering voice:

-“You know today in a library I saw a book, “Memories of nobody”. I was wondering how could nobody have memories. If it’s nobody then there should be no memories.”

-“Guess so” I cutted off, without even thinking, and we ate the rest in silence.

After the dinner I was feeling lazy and sleepy but I knew I had to clean the table and to wash the dishes. After all she cooked that. Without thinking too much I just forced my body to move and once I started to do the work it was easy to keep it will the end. The most difficult thing is to begin. After that I just went to sleep.

~Part 4~

When I waked up it was already four o’clock and my first thought was:

“Geez, I have some work to do in house.”

This kept me in bed for another hour. Around five o’clock I finally managed somehow to get up and take a quick shower.

-“Yosh! I’m ready to work now” I said enthusiast.

A man like me enthusiast to work? How could this be? I was a little shocked myself but soon I figured out the answer.

The hour I spent in bed awoke wasn’t a waste of time as many of you could thought. See, when I was there some memories came to me again. It was the same little by jumping and walking in some container filled with some sort of earth with water. It was like a mud but had a light brown color, guess it was some construction material and also the reason why the little boy took his shoes off.

And also he wasn’t alone, there were GT and other persons doing the same thing.

“What does this mean?” Well apparently looking at tat boy I saw someone having fun and playing but the I realized that he was actually working. I thought: “Maybe I could do the same thing, working and having fun” The work I had to do was to clean some windows in my house. So I stand before them and started to think:

“What game could I choose to make this work funny?”

Juniper says...

Moved to other Fiction. ;)

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster