z

Young Writers Society



The time

by MoonIris


The past showed no mercy

To what was a beauty.

Once upon a time,

What is now falling apart,

Was mesmerizing.

-

You should’ve seen,

The sweet ladies passing in a carriage,

While the sun feeds the flowers.

There were tall buildings,

With chase board like floor,

Dinners, dances, life, joy, and love.

You shouldn’t forget about the playful statues in front of the living art.

You couldn’t expect anything else from little Paris.

-

You should see now how things have changed,

Wit black birds now rest on the edge of the street,

While the cloudy weather tries to hide the missing colors.

The walls are failing piece by piece,

Hardly any light is seen by the old man,

People don’t bring joy here anymore,

And the statue is forgotten.

Is it still little Paris?

-

People sometimes walk by,

Think about the beauty that now is memory,

But after all,

Nothing else but time passed. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Hello. Here for a review. It will be extremely short cuz I don't have much complaints about it.

I really liked the topic– time. It's because of time that all is changing. Something is being destroyed and something new is being created. All are the wonders of time. I really liked how u depicted these in your poem.

For the last line, could u replace happened with passed? It sounds better in my ears. The rest is totally upto you. Once again, good job.




MoonIris says...


Thanks for the review. I did the change. :)



User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 18
Reviews: 93

Donate
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:16 am
MapleWay wrote a review...



Hey there! MapleWay here dropping by with a quick review!

This was a really cool poem! I liked all of the imagery you used as well! It made the poem so much more vivid! For example where you said, "While the cloudy weather tries to hide the missing colors." I could see the clouds so well!

Anyways great poem! Sorry, my review was a bit short! Also, could you maybe tag me if you post any more poetry? I liked this one and would like to see more!




MoonIris says...


Thanks for the review. I'll tag you if I post :)



MapleWay says...


Thanks! :D




I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl