Home » Literary works » Poetry » Fantasy

Disney songs poem

by MoonIris

I want to go into the unknown,

to know how far I'll go,

and wondering when will my life begin?

I wish to see the light,

discovering a whole new world,

becoming loyal, brave, true,

painting with all the colors of the wind.

Because I've got a dream,

I want to touch the sky,

go just around the Riverbend

And my dream is a wish my heart makes.

nanda wrote a review...

Hey! MoonIris,
Yours is a beautifully written poetry. A work full of creativity, imagination and a message too! It is hard to find write-ups with a mixture of all these. Your desire to touch the sky would certainly be fulfilled. As for your work, I must say it was fabulous. I wish you all the luck!

Best wishes
I

MoonIris says...

Thank you for the review!

Queenie wrote a review...

Hi MoonIris!
I love this poem! It is so cute and clever. I have always been a big Disney fan and this poem was so fun to read. It makes me want to go listen to Disney music right now. I love how you took lines from a bunch of different songs but combined them in a way that makes sense and creates a new message. I only have one suggestion for you. In my opinion, I think that you should replace the last line "And my dream is a wish my heart makes" with something else because I just don't feel like it fits with the rest of the poem as well as it could. That being said, this was very well written and such a fun poem. I hope that you write something else like this in the future. Keep writing and good luck on your future works, I hope to read more of them.

MoonIris says...

Thank you for the review!

Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 am
sweetpea6skeen says...

I love how you used Disney songs to write this. I love the way you used them, it completely flows. I can tell that you are inspired by Disney, to write this. I especially love those particular songs you have referenced. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you have next.

MoonIris says...

Thank you! :)

Lethargic wrote a review...

This is great! I think that you’ve had a stroke of genius here. I will admit, I was not expecting much when I first clicked into this piece, but you proved me wrong! You managed to create an actual narrative out of almost exclusively Disney song names. This is really clever, and also a nice little poem about dreams and aspirations. Good job!

MoonIris says...

Thank you for the review!

AnoCannotUserName wrote a review...

This is really good and I loved it! If you're into challenges with your writing, you should also try taking lyrics from different songs and combining them together to make a poem.

I really enjoyed it. I recognized all of the songs. I like how you combined all of the songs that talked about dreams and being free. It's such a great representation of a theme often used in Disney. The only thing I would say to work on in the future is how you segue from each title to another. You did a pretty good job of it but there's a spot or two where it sounded a bit awkward. The main one being the very last line of the poem. Don't be afraid to alter the wording just a little bit to help it make sense. Just make sure it's still recognizable. That's the hard things about these poems.

Overall, you still did a great job and I loved the poem so much. I really hope you keep on doing stuff like this and I look forward to reading more of your writing!

MoonIris says...

Beautifulsparkle wrote a review...

Hello, MoonIris
I think it is clever how you incorporated the disney songs into your poem. Sadly i only recognized two of them. When will my life begin, and painting with all the colours of the wind. I'm not sure about the loyal, brave, true...i mean i don't know if it's a song or not but it reminded me of Merida from Brave. She is a Disney princess i really admire for her fierceness, her ability to joke around and have a good time with her dad and brothers. She can be a bit childish though, like when she went to that witch and accidentally got her mother transformed into a bear. Anyway this poem rocks!

MoonIris says...

Hi! Thank you for the review! Loyal, brave, true is actually a song from the new Mulan that appeared this year. I do have a song from brave: Touch the sky. I hope you have a great day!

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey