z

Young Writers Society



Disney songs poem

by MoonIris


I want to go into the unknown,

to know how far I'll go,

and wondering when will my life begin?

I wish to see the light,

discovering a whole new world,

becoming loyal, brave, true,

painting with all the colors of the wind.

Because I've got a dream,

I want to touch the sky,

go just around the Riverbend

And my dream is a wish my heart makes.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 127
Reviews: 39

Donate
Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 pm
nanda wrote a review...



Hey! MoonIris,
Yours is a beautifully written poetry. A work full of creativity, imagination and a message too! It is hard to find write-ups with a mixture of all these. Your desire to touch the sky would certainly be fulfilled. As for your work, I must say it was fabulous. I wish you all the luck!

Best wishes
I




MoonIris says...


Thank you for the review!



User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 47
Reviews: 45

Donate
Wed May 27, 2020 7:23 pm
Queenie wrote a review...



Hi MoonIris!
I love this poem! It is so cute and clever. I have always been a big Disney fan and this poem was so fun to read. It makes me want to go listen to Disney music right now. I love how you took lines from a bunch of different songs but combined them in a way that makes sense and creates a new message. I only have one suggestion for you. In my opinion, I think that you should replace the last line "And my dream is a wish my heart makes" with something else because I just don't feel like it fits with the rest of the poem as well as it could. That being said, this was very well written and such a fun poem. I hope that you write something else like this in the future. Keep writing and good luck on your future works, I hope to read more of them.




MoonIris says...


Thank you for the review!



User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 am
sweetpea6skeen says...



I love how you used Disney songs to write this. I love the way you used them, it completely flows. I can tell that you are inspired by Disney, to write this. I especially love those particular songs you have referenced. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you have next.




MoonIris says...


Thank you! :)



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon May 25, 2020 11:27 pm
Lethargic wrote a review...



This is great! I think that you’ve had a stroke of genius here. I will admit, I was not expecting much when I first clicked into this piece, but you proved me wrong! You managed to create an actual narrative out of almost exclusively Disney song names. This is really clever, and also a nice little poem about dreams and aspirations. Good job!




MoonIris says...


Thank you for the review!



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 359
Reviews: 13

Donate
Mon May 25, 2020 10:16 pm
AnoCannotUserName wrote a review...



This is really good and I loved it! If you're into challenges with your writing, you should also try taking lyrics from different songs and combining them together to make a poem.

I really enjoyed it. I recognized all of the songs. I like how you combined all of the songs that talked about dreams and being free. It's such a great representation of a theme often used in Disney. The only thing I would say to work on in the future is how you segue from each title to another. You did a pretty good job of it but there's a spot or two where it sounded a bit awkward. The main one being the very last line of the poem. Don't be afraid to alter the wording just a little bit to help it make sense. Just make sure it's still recognizable. That's the hard things about these poems.

Overall, you still did a great job and I loved the poem so much. I really hope you keep on doing stuff like this and I look forward to reading more of your writing!




MoonIris says...


Thank you!



User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 87
Reviews: 43

Donate
Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm
Beautifulsparkle wrote a review...



Hello, MoonIris
I think it is clever how you incorporated the disney songs into your poem. Sadly i only recognized two of them. When will my life begin, and painting with all the colours of the wind. I'm not sure about the loyal, brave, true...i mean i don't know if it's a song or not but it reminded me of Merida from Brave. She is a Disney princess i really admire for her fierceness, her ability to joke around and have a good time with her dad and brothers. She can be a bit childish though, like when she went to that witch and accidentally got her mother transformed into a bear. Anyway this poem rocks!




MoonIris says...


Hi! Thank you for the review! Loyal, brave, true is actually a song from the new Mulan that appeared this year. I do have a song from brave: Touch the sky. I hope you have a great day!




Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence