16+ Language Violence

by Miles2311

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

- Garry -

It's sunday morning. I woke up early as usual, make my own black coffee and toasts, then got to the living room to watch tv. My daily routine, it was always like this every weekends.

While watching, i heard some noise outside. I looked outside the window and saw some people on the other side of the road, there was also a lot of boxes there.

The empty house there have been bought by those people there two days ago, i never thought they'll move in today.

After breakfast, i fixed myself up and go to my new neighbor. As i got there, i saw two ladies dressed a bit gothish. Are they emo or something? Well whatever, it's none of my business.

I approached and greeted them. "Goodmorning, welcome to the neighborhood." I offered a hand and the older woman accepted.

"Thanks, it's nice to meet you sir?..." She let go of my hand.

"It's Garry Watson," i answered,

"I'm Mary Linz, and this is my daughter, Evelyn Linz." For a moment, i caught myself surprised.

"Really? I thought you were sisters. You look awfully young to be mother." She laughed, "I know, a lot says that."While being flattered to my comment, i gaze upon the young girl. She happens to be looking at me too.

I smiled, and patted her head. "Nice to meet you kiddo,"

She just grinned and gently removed my hand, "Eve. You can call me Eve." I felt a little chill after hearing her deep cold voice. Mary giggled and patted her daughter's back.

"Excuse her attitude, she's really just shy and a bit too sharp."

"O-Oh... okay..."

"Well then, were going to move these boxes now, see you later Mr. Watson."

"Hm, sure." I wanted to help them with their stuff. But that kid, she really just makes me uncomfortable.

As i was about to get in my house, i took a glance at that house again. And i saw her, creepily, staring right back at me.

"W-Weirdo..." i whispered and immediately went in.

A week passed. The new neighbor, Mrs. Linz seems nice. Everytime i get out of the house for work every morning, she is always watering her plants at her frontyard and looks at me and waves with a smile. Unlike her daughter, she looks like she doesn't care about anything, she seems to be a real-life goth teen. And she really creeps me out, such a weird girl.

"...Garry, are you okay?" I stopped spacing out when my boss, Ms. Annie called.

"U-Uh, yeah."

"You seem to be troubled, what's the prob?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking of someo----SOMETHING!"

Annie raised a brow. "Oh really? Then i hope that something you're thinking about won't affect your work."

"Y-Yes Ms. Annie, sorry to bother you." She just patted my back and left.

My whole day in work went smoothly, and when i was about to get home, i saw her. There was this force that made me to stop walking and stare at Eve. She was on the other side of the road, facing the tree. She was just standing and staring at the tree. What a creep!

Then she suddenly turn, and saw me. I froze and felt imprisoned with her glare. She mouthed something and i tried to read it... and what she said made me fear her. She said: Don't try to pry, or else.

And she left. I hurried back home and tried to catch my breath. I swear to myself that i'll never stare at that weirdo ever again. But to my curiousity, i wanted to know why she was staring on that tree?

An hour passed. I went back to the spot where she was staring at. It was a bit dark and creepier now because it's already night. I really can't clearly see what's on the tree that she was staring onto so i used my phone's flashlight to see it.

EVE + PAT

4EVER

...did she carved this? If so, who is that Pat?

Well, who am i to care. I should go home now. As i'm about to turn my phone's flashlight off, i saw something that shined and slightly hidden beneath the roots of the tree. I took a closer look and found something that made me shiver.

A knife. A freaking blood stained knife.

"F*ck!" I fell on my butt and stared at it. The blood on the knife seems to be dry, so it must be from long ago. Maybe this belongs to... Eve.

Damn it. Maybe it's just blood from animals? And it mustn't be hers, i shouldn't jump to crazy conclusions like that right? And she's just a child after all. I sighed and walked back home.

×××

The knife i saw yesterday really bothered me. And i didn't slept well because i just saw that knife and got horrible nightmares. I really have to control my curiousity when it comes to things like that, and i really should have consider her warning. I shouldn't pry.

*phone rings*

Disturbed by the phone, i answered who was calling. "Hello?"

[Garry! Dude, got some good news for you!] Oh, it's just my friend, Nate.

"It better be worth it, you just ruined my morning. And make it quick too, i'm got work today."

[Yeah right. So this good news... can i come over later? I think i wanna tell this personally to you.]

"Why not now?"

[I promise you, it'll be better to tell you personally and i want to see your reaction.]

I shrugged to myself. "Sure, but i'll be back home a bit late."

['Kay, bye dude.] Then the call ended.

As i got of the house, i saw Mrs. Linz at her frontyard again. She also saw me and waved at me. I nodded with a smiled. And again, my day was ruined when i saw Eve at the window, glaring at me. I immediately left and tried to forget about it.

***

Please tell me what you think of my story :) would you want me to continue it?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:45 am
Horisun wrote a review...

It was really good, and I think it could go somewhere. However,

-There were a few grammer issues, you might want to go through it again and check for that sort of stuff. A lot of I's needed to be upper case.
-This is a bit of a nitpick, but it through me off when you said the 'phone rings' That kind of through me off.
-So, the wording was sometimes a bit awkward. For example, "I answered who was calling" Just didn't really flow. It might have sounded better if you said something like, "I answered it" or "I picked it up" Maybe not in those exact words though.

And that's it. I'd love to see more, I found it interesting and you have a good plot going, it just needs a little work.

Merry Chrismas, and Happy Holidays!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 am
Chase7 says...

Hey Miles2311

To be honest, I don't know how I actually feel about this piece. Before I start the actual review, u have a few questions about the piece.

Is this supposed to be a fiction book or a fictional diary? (if its supposed to be a fiction book then you will need to revise and restrategize the layout of everything)

How old is the protagonist Gary? (I raise this question because chose of words and how he acts is pretty childish for an adult who has a job, rather turn him into a child/young teenager)

Why does Gary think the blood on the knife belongs to Eve and not Pat since Pat is the one who isn't around?

Finally, what's your plan with this piece? Whether this is a diary or a book you need to be aware why you are writing it. As a lesson? For fun? To create laughs? To make people think? You need to choose this at the onset or the whole story will collapse.

Now to get into the review.

There are a lot of grammatical errors and places which need rephrasing

P1- I'm not really happy with the beginning but I'm not sure how to fix it. You tend to switch from past tense to present then back to past throughout the piece. This really offputs the reader and just looks wrong.

And you also said:

"My daily routine, it was always like this on weekends" - daily means everyday, so the next phrase is unnecessary.

"While watching, I heard some noise..." - You have to options. Either take away the 'some' and replace it with 'a' or add an 's' after the 'noise' to make it a plural.

There are more grammatical errors but I first need to know what type of story this is first.

Don't be discouraged by my review. I just want to fully understand the story, getting attached even. If you want me to finish my review, just pm or say so in the comment.

Keep writing
Chase

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln