Exodus (my plot)

by MexicanDefender

I began writing a graphic novel and have finished most of it, the ending is what caught me. This is my plot, before I started the drafts to draw it all out, I was wondering if anyone would actually like to flip the book over and buy it if they read the plot. Its based with mythological creatures and gods and Christianity and other forms of religion inside the book. Anything you could say would be helpful :smt001

Kevin T Lynch is out walking with his fiancé Julia and barghest their dog, when the unexpected happens and death had became known to Kevin and as Kevin falls to the ground Julia is stricken with the coldness on her face, dead. He becomes the mark of death, a bridge between the spirit world and human world. In the spirit realm, the gods all came together in one council and all had the same prophecy that would soon to come into visible sight. They searched for the one who would decide the twos fates and so they searched for this man who would become something unlike any other to save humanity and the spirits that they believe in.

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: Well this one's a plot summary type thing so I'll be doing a slightly different kind of review I think treating this one like a synopsis or blurb of sorts. And I have to say its pretty interesting. Definitely sounds like something that I might read. There were some pretty interesting features in there.

So this is a plot clearly because well you mentioned that in the title as well so I'm going to be reviewing this one accordingly. So let me start off with some grammar things because that part is easy to get out of the way seeing that there appears to be no mistakes as far as I can see. The only thing that is maybe wrong is the fact that Bhargest appears to be a name for the dog and you haven't capitalized it. That needs to be capitalized. Other than that its all really nicely done and it looks like you've got a pretty good handle on things here.

As for the suggested plot itself it definitely sounds pretty darn interesting story and I would certainly read that. It reads a little more like a summary than a blurb or synopsis so its doesn't quite has the catchiness to it because you've written at is summaries rather than questions which is the sort of thing you want to really make something catchy. Still its definitely asking some pretty interesting questions and its certainly makes me want to read it.

Overall: Overall it sounds like a cool idea and I hope that you did in fact write it. I would certainly have read it if you had posted more of it and in fact I will look around to see if you did in fact go ahead and post it.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:25 am
MexicanDefender says...

Thank you :D well the dog becomes his companion and the dog's real purpose is not made clear but towards the end it's sorta a shocker.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:01 am
Forestqueen808 says...

That sounds really awesome. It would sure catch my eye. I love it how you said he became the mark of death and everything and I'm interested! I was wondering...what happened to the dog but I know I'd just have to read it! Good job!

The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire