z

Young Writers Society



The Magical Corridors of Enchantment Prlogue and Chapter One

by Mallory


Dreams, secrets, memories, and fears are what makes us human. When the four combine, than you truly know the magic, of The Magical Corridors Of Enchantment.--Mallory Hoffman

Prologue:

The Magical Corridors have been around for centuries and centuries. Each corridors… every door, holds magic that no human could understand, or grasp. But there were two keepers that understood this magic, understood the responsibility of it. With every great joy came a disappointment, because The Magical Corridors wasn’t always filled with happiness. There came times when evil forces came to the corridors and tried to destroy every thing that was in its path.

This story has been pasted down from generation to generation, each person of the clan converses the story within their souls and tells one person of there liking of what had happened. Now its my turn to tell you what had happened since now I’m the holder of the story. This is the first tale of The Magical Corridors of Enchantment……

Chapter One:

Felicity Dawson ran as fast as she could down the long corridor. Her breath came in quick gasps as she ran. She turned her head to both sides staring at the oak doors with there big brass handles. They all looked the same, the further she ran more doors appeared.

Felicity had to find Lance. Her life was nothing with out him. Lance was her best friend, her love. The corridors was their place, no one knew about it because the corridors was magical. It held secrets, their fears, childhood memories and magic.

Lance had gotten mad when he had found out that Felicity was going to move away. They were eighteen and were soon going to graduate from high school. They had planned on attending the same college. Felicity wanted to go to college to become a Fashion Designer while Lance wanted to go to college to become a famous writer and author. They had planned on living with each other and eventually getting married. But Felicity’s mother was forcing her to move away, two months before graduation. Lance was furious, he wasn’t going to just stand there and do nothing about it. He loved Felicity from the first day that they had met in Kindergarten and would continue to do so until the very day that he would die. Lance had went to the corridors in search of answers or something that would convince Felicity’s mother not to move away. That’s why Felicity went to the corridors in search of Lance.

Felicity’s bare feet hit the hardwood floor loudly as she turned to the next corridor. The halls were lined with navy wallpaper and bright lights hung above. Plants were on either side of the doors as the doors began to form into only a few. This was the corridor that Lance and her had made together when they were fifteen, Felicity thought to herself as she smiled.

As she ran her feet caught onto a nail and she let out a scream as she fell face forward. She landed on the floor with a thud and she let out a small cry. The pain in her foot was unbearable, it felt like someone took a knife and literally stabbed her in the foot with it. Her mahogany hair covered her pale face as she laid on the floor weeping. Felicity felt warm hands on her shoulders as she was lifted up into strong arms.

Her sapphire eyes looked into gray eyes. Tears that were falling down her cheeks began to stop when she looked up at Lance. Lance smiled as he rubbed away her tears with his knuckles. Picking her up Felicity let her head fall onto his shoulders. Lance’s ebony hair touched her cheeks as she put her face into his neck to breath in his sent, as Lance walked to one of the oak doors and opened it.

Inside there was a tan couch that sat beside an opened window. When you looked outside the open window there you would see beautiful unicorns with their babies of this magnificent land, frolicking around in every which direction. But the most stunning thing about this land was the enchanted forest that rested just outside of the corridors. The enchanted forest like the corridors held many secrets and memories. It was a safe place where either animal or man could live together peacefully. There was two love seats that sat beside the couch but were a darker shade of tan. Around the room hung portraits of Ireland and Paris, places that Felicity wanted to go to when she got old enough.

Bringing Felicity over to the couch he sat her down softly. Felicity’s white dress was now wet with tears. Lance lifted her foot in his hand carefully and examined it. The cut was deep and it bled like a fountain squirting out water. Frowning, he gently blew on her foot and the pain eased away. The blood began to stop and her foot started to heal. Smiling Felicity bent forward and kissed him softly on the cheek. Lance looked up at her and grinned.

“I’ll be right back,” Lance said quietly as he got up and headed towards the door.

“You won’t be to long?,” Felicity asked.

“No love, I won’t be,” Lance stated and walked out the door closing it behind him softly.

Smiling Felicity turned around and stared out the window at the unicorns. The unicorns continued to run around. Their so graceful, so happy, so free, Felicity thought to herself with a smile. One baby unicorn gazed up and spotted Felicity staring out the window at it. Being brave, the little unicorn galloped over to the window. Felicity sat back stunned. Slowing down the unicorn stood in front of the window and snorted at Felicity. Felicity blinked a couple of times and put her hand out the window and reached out to touch the unicorn. The unicorn backed away from the window.

“It’s okay. I won’t hurt you,” Felicity said in a soothing voice.

The unicorn walked closer to the window, its big black eyes looking into her sapphire ones. Felicity’s hand laid gently onto the unicorns nose and she began to pet the unicorn softly. A loud explosion shot out from no where, sensing danger the unicorn quickly backed away and ran for safety with the others into the enchanted forest. Felicity sat there bewildered. Where did the noise come from? The corridors are always a safe place and so is the enchanted forest, Felicity thought aloud. Shaking her head, Felicity turned around to look at the door. What was taking Lance so long, she wondered to herself.

Getting up Felicity walked towards the door and turned the handle. When Felicity tried to pull the door open it wouldn’t budge. She tried again figuring the door was stuck. But still the door wouldn’t dislodge open. Frowning, Felicity tried pounding on the door and when that didn’t work she tried to kick it. Fear and panic began to rise in Felicity’s throat.

“Lance, Lance.. The door won’t open. Help me,” Felicity yelled loudly.

She stood there and waited for him to come running down the corridor to help her get out. She waited a minute but didn’t hear Lance coming. Swallowing she tried to yell for help again.

“Lance. Please, help me,” Felicity cried as tears began to descend down her cheeks.

Felicity fell towards the floor and wrapped herself into a ball as she whimpered. She rocked herself back and forth as she called out for help.

“Help me, please help me!!,” Felicity bellowed.

Felicity stopped crying as she heard a giggle that sounded like someone putting a key into the keyhole. But the doors don’t have key holes, Felicity thought to herself. Looking up, her eyes that were bright red and blood shot from crying stared up, but nothing was there only the door. Felicity felt a hand tap her shoulder and she quickly turned around with a smile on her face thinking that it was Lance. But when she turned around it wasn’t Lance that she saw, her smiled dropped from her face and pure horror and shock flew into her eyes as she gazed up at the figure. Before she could realize what was happening Felicity felt this powerful blow to the side of her head causing her to let out a muffle cry and crash onto the hardwood floor. The pain was immense as she hit the floor, her eyes had a deep distant look in them as she huddled on the ground not able to speak or move. Tears stung her eyes, but wouldn’t fall as she laid there unable to do anything as she stared up at the figure.

Her eyes became hazy and her vision began to blur. The figure before her began to flicker in and out like someone flicking on and off a light switch quickly. Felicity slowly closed her eyes, her chest now burned and it became to hard for her to breath. Her breathing began to slow down and became choppy as she slipped into total darkness.

please tell me what you think thanks. :wink:


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:39 pm
Mallory says...



Yeah I agree with you I have to work on it more thanks for the crit.




User avatar
685 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 685

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:37 pm
Rei wrote a review...



I don't know if you really need this prologue. It would probably be more interesting if you started with the very human drama story, and let them discover it along the way. However, if you do include it, it could use a rewrite. Read some folktales and myths to see how they use language and while you shouldn't just copy it, use them as a guideline for how you should write yours.

Over all, you were clumping information into big blocks that interrupted the action in a rather bad way. Slow it down, play around with the action and settings. If you haven't already, do some world-building and character histories/profiles that are just for you and not for us to read. Even if there are things that never show up in the story, when the writer knows them, it creates much more believables, much more real stories and settings, especially if it is a fantasy story.




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 5

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Mallory says...



Thank you so much for the crit.




User avatar
263 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 263

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:09 am
Lollipop wrote a review...



Hey hey! I really liked this. I thought it was a good first chapter with a great ciffhanger at the end. One thing though: You seem to use Felicity's name a lot. It sounds a little repetative. Maybe change it a bit.

Other than that, I loved reading this and I hope you post your other chapters soon. Heeeeeehheeeee!!!





Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning