12+

Angel Food Cake

by LoyalDay

Your soft rolls are pleasing for the eyes

and your delicate skin warm up my mind.

The sweetness of your flesh

is enough to make me want more

and the white insides makes my heart soar.

Plain or dressed up,

you are favorite; above the rest.

You bring my senses to life,

each time we both thrive.

BubblegumGoddess wrote a review...

Hey there LoyalDay!

You really had me worried there for a moment! I'm not sure if this poem is meant to be humorous or not but by your lack of basic food descriptions it seems strange and quite funny.

Other than the confusion of the poems topic, once I figured it out I found that it was very artistic in how you used personification. It was also refreshing to read a piece that wasn't littered with cliche's.

-BubblegumGoddess

Kimmycat says...

Thank God this is CAKE. This sounded weird.
Anyway, I took this sooooooooooo wrong at first.
And it is pretty good.................. but you may want to................. put more about it being a CAKE.
But I get it.
If you keep in ind it is cake. you get it
kimmycat

AllisonArgent wrote a review...

Okay...if there was no Heading for this poem this would've sounded so weird.
But I think taking small and simple subjects such as a cake and making it into something very creative is the best way to show the hidden poet behind everyone. I would've settle for worlds like 'tasty' or 'chocolaty' but u maid it into something spectacular and I think u have great potential. Well I guess I'm the first to comment Huh? ummmmm.....Keep the good work up,I wanna see more funny stuff like this.

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia