z

Young Writers Society



Pensacola Star - 1.1

by Brigadier


A Response to Those Who Doubt My Authority - J. A. Smith

As I found out a few weeks ago, my readers did not find much enjoyment in the first part of the Caesar Conspiracy. I can easily see why this maybe, knowing the readers I have currently will sometimes sway to be faint of heart if the mood so strikes them. It is one thing to question what type of aliens landed in the sewers of New York City and an entirely different threat to create a distrust of old values. The modern realm of conspiracy thinks too much of the world beyond our own, citing aliens as the reason for each mistake that may happen.

Is there no recognition for how cruel human beings tend to be to each other when they get greedy?

Our new conspiracy that proposes a nefarious plot staged across many unfortunate occurrences and a likely escape for the acts of treason. Though the theory is created to apply to any act against a figure where a council may be involved, through some sort of advisement for the figure choose to turn against the person.

And despite what the name sounds like, for the people who missed the original issue, the point of discussion for this series is Abraham Lincoln. If we cared to do so and if there was enough time in the world, I am sure that the theory can be applied to any event the reader may be concerned with. Whether the tide has turned to another assassination, the unfortunate death of a movie star, or a political movement burrowed away in a deep corner of the Pentagon.

I have a certain passion for writing about assassinations, but the theoretical world has been overtaken by the Kennedy deaths. With all of the political climate of the times in mind and the mark that Kennedy left on Washington, one can easily see how his death has shocked America time and time again. People left thinking about where they were when they heard the news and the whispers that came with every passing moment.

It takes a war to make tragedy stick.

This is something that we have proved time and time again. As I speak for a people that I address as “we”, I mean to take part for the entire world that chooses its actions against each other. What is it about the Great War that sticks in the mind of every red blooded American? What is it about the Civil War that makes sure we will all always remembering the happenings of specific days? And what is it about the invisibility of the Cold War that drives people to want to know every detail that they can find?

Kennedy’s death and the untimely death of other leaders at the time ran directly into the conflict of Vietnam. People left wondering how the country might go differently if we had these people to help the process along. Every time that we lose someone within our lives, on any level that they may contribute to the world, there comes the human wondering of things might be different. No one can really say how this may go and it damages us more to ponder each possibility.

I digress from my points in trying to inform my audience that they need to look beyond what they see on the page. I have been put into this place of business to disprove the words that I hear from both sides of the debate. The lies that come from press conferences and the baseless theories of those who try to combat each other. I deal in every suggestion that comes my way – either by giving a response immediately to the asker or by making a vow to take a look down the path.

I have a duty to my city but I do not wish to be shamed for deciding the Caesar Conspiracy is more likely than others.

But if you wish to learn about another major (if not greater) presidential assassination look no farther than President Lincoln.

We all know the dramas of President Lincoln, gunned down in a theater days after bringing peace to the Union. And his death bringing an end to the peace that had been promised through being reunited as one. There is no way of knowing how Lincoln would have carried the country and if he would have created the utopia that many dreamt of. And there is equally no way of knowing how the plot was so orchestrated, so precisely done to destroy the hopes of the United States of America.

There is enough doubt in the heart of our people to leave an open space for wondering who wished death for the dear president.

The Caesar Conspiracy theorizes that John Wilkes Booth did not act alone in his plot and was guided by certain senators, both ones in alignment with Lincoln and the Radicals. We can blame the death on a variety of reasons, but it will ultimately come down to the agreements made during Reconstruction. The research initially submitted to the Star has come to show that Northern officials had just as much reason for his death as the Southerners.

Abraham Lincoln may have been the president that the government needed but there is some reasoning to say that he was not wanted. With Lincoln being a supporter of true freedoms, an idea shunned by Northern and Southern politicians alike, popularity no longer had a place. And if a modern theorizer is so to believe that the Lincoln assassination was carried out by blood sucking monsters, they may be half right in this statement.

And those blood sucking monsters still exist in the capital today.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
121 Reviews


Points: 110
Reviews: 121

Donate
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 am
manilla wrote a review...



Hi, LadyBird --> LordWolf! Manilla here for a review. Let's get right into it, shall we?

As a reader
Rich language paired with the building tension leading to the conspiracy makes for a great, thorough read. This was a very question-provoking piece, following theme after theme, drawing them together to the climax at the end. It makes me wonder how this would play out into the later chapters. It's a compelling, creative beginning and a great start to the story.

As a writer
You can really see the voice of J. A. Smith writing behind this - a radical thinker with a passion for conspiracy theories. For example, I really like this line:

Is there no recognition for how cruel human beings tend to be to each other when they get greedy?


I also agree with Kostia slightly on the style of the story - I had to slow down a lot to read it, which can be a good or a bad thing. Taking a look of your next chapter, I'm glad you didn't keep up this lengthy, eloquent style of writing because it would hinder a variety of moods, emotions, and plot events' progressions.

Keep it up so far! You've got us hooked.
-Manilla out




User avatar
92 Reviews


Points: 3541
Reviews: 92

Donate
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:35 pm
kostia wrote a review...



Hello there LadyBird

This is Kostia and I am here to give you a feedback on your work!

I will start by saying this is incredibly well written and it has some very strong and some valid points. I like your point of view. However I am unable to understand how this is a chapter or novel of shorts. What you have here is a pretty good article, with well explained critisisms and historical mentions. I don't understand why you put this under the novel section.

With that being said I would narrow this down a bit. Some sentences are too long and unecessary (some words are also more complicated than needed)

That's all I had to say. Other than what mentioned above this was a great read!

Keep up the good work!

Best regards

Kostia




Brigadier says...


This is the first part of a chapter where the article is written by the main character/main narrator. Perhaps that formatting was a bit confusing.



Brigadier says...


But whoops thank you for the review, Kostia.
Accidentally clicked post a bit too soon.



kostia says...


I thought this could be the case! I suggest you to write that to your descrition! In that case it is nearly flawless well done!




Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb