Life

by LoLauren

Cliché’s – I hated them. And what I hated more? I was one. My eighteen years of life consisted of cliché after cliché. It had become tiresome and predictable to say the least.

And what was ironic was the fact that I never perceived myself to be one. At home I was neither the favoured child nor the rebellious disappointment. At school I was neither popular nor a geek. Within my group of friends there was the boy crazy one, the girl next door one, the funny one, the motherly one, the bitchy one, the under-the-radar one and the insecure one... but what was I?

My life seemed to be a jigsaw of clichéd puzzle pieces where I was a piece from a different set altogether. I was never regarded as that novelty ‘alternative’ outsider, but the mismatched piece that no one could quite discern from the rest and return to its original box.

I was simply Alexia. Alexia Frances Cooper; a teenager fighting her way through an adolescence of clichés. Typical.

LoLauren says...

Thankyou both for your comments!

I think you're right in redefining what I have here as a prologue, so I'll do that. And what I have planned to follow on from this should help to flesh out the character and content so this begins to resemble a story!

Thanks again =)

xDudettex wrote a review...

Hey LoLauren =]

Welcome to YWS!

I think you have a good start to a story here and I'm intrigued to see where you're going to take it in future chapters.

It is quite short for a chapter and I think it seems more like an introductory prologue than a chapter. It was still good though =]

-I really liked this description here as it sort of summed her view of her life up in a couple of sentences.

Within my group of friends there was the boy crazy one, the girl next door one, the funny one, the motherly one, the bitchy one, the under-the-radar one and the insecure one... but what was I?

-I can definitely relate to this but I don't think 'boy crazy one' sounds right. Maybe you could shorten it to just 'crazy one' or change it to 'wild one' or party animal' - it's completely up to you though =]

You have a promising start to a story here and I'd love to read on =]

Thanks for the read!

xDudettex

Day wrote a review...

Hi, I'm DayDreams and hopefully I can provide you with a decent content review.

As for the plot I completely unaware as to where it is going due to the shortness of the chapter. I can tell you are trying to introduce the character, but I would sugguest possibly making this a prologue?

The character developement envokes almmost everything in this chapter. If this is your first chapter I would sugguest possibly adding more to it. If you plan to go straight into another chapter that doesnt add more to the character description I would definitly try to find a way to add a physical description in this chapter.

Overall I felt the story lacking in almost every section. This was mostly due to the short chapter length. Please do not be discouraged I'm sure this could turn out quite well, but next I will be looking forward to a much longer chapter that adds to the plot and characters.

Hope I made some sense,

~DayDreams

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein