z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Madame Mischief

by Ljm00036


Film Noir 

A woman so innocent you would not have guessed

But her tricks she holds close to her chest

Is her husband innocent or did he have an affair?

She questions the love she thought was once there

She hires a detective but he dug too deep

Evidence was found, secrets he couldn’t keep

But mindless he was as the woman is wise

Sincere and innocent? What a disguise

But sly she is and she ain’t no fool

She may look sweet but she can be cruel

You mess with her and you’ll pay your price

Get on her bad side, it could cost you your life

And Tom, why, you’d think he’d know better

But you’re sure to read about him soon in a news letter

And the detective, you think he’d be let off with ease?

But no you were wrong, he’ll do as she may please

As for the woman who took part in the affair

You probably did it without any worry or care

Well bye bye honey, your love game is finished

And your life for that matter, will be diminished

Clip clop, her heels echo as she walks

The men stand in the darkness, faces like hawks

She flaps her coat and from her boot she pulls out a gun

Games over boys, this chick has won.

- a poem I wrote for a short film which i starred in for college


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 3566
Reviews: 223

Donate
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 pm
View Likes
Mathy wrote a review...



ZeldaIsShiek here to review one of the most incredible theatrical poems I have ever read in my entire life. This is truly an amazing work of art, and I am here to critique your fluency and flamboyant writing style while also interpreting the inner meaning of the poem and the narrative itself. Without any more introduction, let's begin!

The narrative starts out as feeling very innocent and gray, feeling like the woman is both innocent and a bit tricky. The introduction you laid out for the readers to analyze was very advanced, and I felt that it set in stone the quality of the poem to come. Nothing short of excellent could describe the amount of careful planning and consideration it must have taken to write this poem and perfect it. One of the best parts of this poem is the slow but quadratic rise of suspicion and dangerousness. It starts innocently and nonviolent, then becomes darker, then the seemingly innocent woman is murdering people and saying how dangerous she is! It's nuts! If any poem on YWS has ever been more astute and ambiguous when it comes to the methods the poet uses to convey a change of character than this, I have not read it. This narrative is truly a work of art that should be nourished and taken care of. Keep writing, and have a good day! ZeldaIsShiek- Out!



Random avatar
Ljm00036 says...


Wow, that review actually made me cry(happy tears!) Thank you so so much. I really appreciate and will continue to post more. Have a wonderful day :)



User avatar
104 Reviews


Points: 1425
Reviews: 104

Donate
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm
View Likes
Holiday30 wrote a review...



SO first off, you gotta let me know, what on earth is this lady secrete. Cause obviously the detective found out something that he wasn't suppose to know, otherwise he wouldn't be getting the drake free smoke, free smoke. Overall though this was really really creepy. Even low key scary and I could feel my spine twist and turn as I read this. Heart pounding and racing up until the end and all I can say is WOW, job well done. Unfortunately Your poem scared me so much I don't even think I want to see the short film. If it scared me while reading I pretty sure I will have nightmare's after seeing it. But great job on this poem and rhyme scheme.



Random avatar
Ljm00036 says...


Wow thank you so much means a lot! Least it made you feel something haha. Everyone thinks she is innocent but she has many secrets!

Here's the link if you're not too creeped out

https://youtu.be/JsjZ3vsIuCg



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:04 am
View Likes
Dracula wrote a review...



Hey there, Ljm00036!

I would like to hear this recited. I think it'd sound great being read by a dark, foreboding voice. Maybe we can see the silhouette of a female in a trench coat and high heels, collar upturned, narrating it.

When I read it, I did think the rhymes were a little forced. Some lines seem too long- like you a desperate journey to the next rhyming word. For others, another word might have been better, such as the line 'you're sure to read about him in a newsletter'. Not many people read newsletters, the rhyme feels forced because 'newspaper' would have been better.

But like I said, with the right pace and dark tones of a narrator, I think it would be good. I just suggest, as a written poem, rewording and playing with your line lengths.

My favourite line was 'Clip clop, her heels echo as she walks'. The woman was innocent at the start, then finds out that her husband has had an affair, and that the detective is in on too (I think the detective felt her wrath because of the line: And the detective, you think he’d be let off with ease?). Then the woman turns deadly, killing the other lady and owning a gun. Clip-clopping heels aren't necessarily a bad thing, but you turn them into a spine-tingling, deathly sound.

You used the writing for a short film? I'd love to see it! But I know sometimes you can't share college stuff for marking reasons. Anyway, I think it's cool that you're using your writing in the world. :D



Random avatar
Ljm00036 says...


Thank you so much! I really appreciate the review it's so helpful:) this is the first time I've ever published my stuff. I did write the poem quite quickly as the majority of my time was spent on the film itself and other coursework but I see where you're coming from. They were quite forced for rhyming but I guess it does sound better spoken. I was the voice for it haha! We did actually share it on Facebook and it's on YouTube I will find the link:)



Dracula says...


Awesome :D


Random avatar
Ljm00036 says...


Sorry been so busy! Here's the link :)

https://youtu.be/JsjZ3vsIuCg



Dracula says...


Yep, I was right. Everyone sounded amazing when you were reading it! That's a great piece of work. :D


Random avatar
Ljm00036 says...


Thank you so much really appreciate it! :)




I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara