Fairy Diary | Day 8

by Lib

こんにちは!

That's Japanese! I love that greeting! I know Japenese, by the way. It's pronounced: Kon'nichiwa.

You do realize I know that, right?

I did not know that. Anyways, WHERE DID YOU DISAPPEAR YESTERDAY AFTER TELLING ME LILY WAS BACK?!

Uh, sorry about that, I had to sleep.

Well, you could've at least given me to Lily!

Sorry. Mom said she'd ground me if I didn't go and sleep. So yeah.

You are really evil.

I'm sorry!

Cheer me up.

I'll take you to Lily's room. She wanted to talk to you anyways.

Yay! Hoot hoot!

When did you start saying hoot hoot?

Since today. Bring me to Lily! Now.

Okay. Okay.

~  ~  ~

Lily dear!

Hi. 

Aw, you never forget to do greetings! So sweet of you.

Stop acting as if I'm your baby.

Sorry. So, are you going to pitch into the plan?

No.

What?

No.

You said no?

I'm just kidding! Of course I'll help! I DO owe you!

Whew! I got scared there for a second!

Well, what do I have to do?

Luke will tell you the entire plan. I don't want anyone accidentally seeing this and telling Her Majesty.

Oh alright! 

~  ~  ~

That plan of yours, it's not gonna work. We'll only be there for two hours! And you think I can sneak away and beg the Queen to change you back? You've seriously got to be kidding me! It's a school field trip! Not a mysterious mission! Anyways, I don't wanna go to prison. It's scary down there.

Just say it! You're not helping. I'm fine with it! I'll think of another way.

Aww, man! You're not helping?

Where did you come from, Luke?

I hacked.

How do you hack a diary?

I have my ways. Anyways, Lily! C'mon! Ashley will be your friend then!

Who's Ashley? I don't know anyone named Ashley, unless she's Andrealama's sister?

Who told you?!

Told me what? Luke get outta here, this is gonna turn into a long conversation. I can tell.

Aww, I wanted to listen! Or read, I mean.

Get lost!

Now, fill me up to the very top.

I guess I can't really back away from this?

Nope.

Alright. Basically, you know how I went to the wishing well? And wished to be a human? 

Yeah?

Well, before I turned into a human, I had a family. The 'A' family. And, Andrealama was part of it.

I don't get it. Isn't your name Diary?

Of course not! My name is...

Ashley...

Yes...

That's why Andrealama would always talk about her sister who died! And the dead sister was Ashley! Meaning, it was you all along? You were Andrealama's sister?

Am.

Right. I still don't get it.

What?

Why am I not shocked to hear this? I'm not mad either! I knew Andrealama had a dead sister, but she isn't dead! She's alive! Infact, she's in my hands right now! Oh my fairy god mother! I am so confused! 

Dear, you do not need to be confused, I am here to help you.

That sounds creepy, but, why were you turned into a diary?

Luke didn't tell you?

Wait, no, I remember now, I read the previous entries. Don't worry.

Okay.

~  ~  ~

Where did the kids go?

I'm back. So, if Lily's not going to help, are we going to use my idea?

I guess so. What's the plan?

I was thinking - Can I tell you tomorrow? It's ten thirty anyways, Dad will get mad at me if he finds out I'm still not in bed. I'll tell you bright and early tomorrow. It's the weekend tomorrow anyways.

Oh, alright! Good night.

Good night.

Where did you come from?

I hacked. Now go to sleep before I tell!

Okay, okay, I'm sorry.

You guys are so weird. Sleep well.

Turning someone into a diary is pretty harsh to me. Imagine how Ashley felt. How her family felt when they thought she died. The characters know why she’s a diary, but I don’t. I can’t wait to find out. For the most part, I can’t wait for the curse to be broken and for Ashley and Lily to become friends. I can’t wait for Ashley to be with her family again. Imagine if the Queen were actually evil. I wish you an amazing day/night.

Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:57 am
LadyBug wrote a review...

Hey Kliberty, long time no talk! Jade here to leave you a review on the most poetic story on YWS.

To being, the humor in this is actually pretty cute. None of it felt weird, it felt like actually banter between two people. The plot is also super interesting.

I ALSO have the same question, how do you hack a diary?? You should explain it more.

I wish you'd stop avoiding the mastermind plan though, it is starting to feel less suspenseful and more annoying, like filler chapters. Drag out our suspense through hints and plot holes that you'll fill later!

Overall, this is a cute series. My fanclub only has 2 members, Hunter and I. But it's good!

Keep writing

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:41 am
Horisun wrote a review...

Hacking... Hacking a diary... How do you do that? I wanna do that so I can read my brothers diary!
Just kidding! He doesn't have a diary.
This chapter was really good, if a little slow. I feel a little underwhelmed. I feel like the only thing that happened was the 'revelation' to Lily about Ashelys name. And nothing seemed to come from that. She was just 'oh, okay then' And we still didn't discover Lukes plan!
Honestly, thought, all your chapters are good. I laughed out loud when they hacked the diary! I want this to be a running joke, and then at the end, I want Luke and Lily to say something like "Well, we didn't really hack, we were just sharing the diary' or something silly like that. But it's your story, and I'm just reading it! :D I can't wait for the next chapter!

Lib says...

Thanks for the review, I also feel like I'm making the series a bit too slow. Okay, VERY slow. But, the next chapter will reveal more secrets. Ot may even be the last one. :)

Horisun says...

The last one? Really? Omg. I can't wait to see how you handle it!

Horisun says...

I'm really, really excited! :D

Lib says...

Your enthusiasm keeps me working! <3

Hello, I'm here yet again with a few words about your story.

First thing first...why do you keep avoiding the PLAN? I was really looking forward to finding out what it was, but now I have to wait for the next chapter, you are really evil. But I think this chapter was really good. Your characters are bonding nicely and thinks seem to be going well between Lily and Diary, and now Luke. I have to say I didn't now you could hack a diary so that's new for me. It's also nice to now that Luke and Diary will be together in the upcoming chapters. Now what really shocked me with this chapter is that Diary is Andrealama's sister. I have to say I didn't see that coming, and you had me shocked for the rest of the chapter. So well done, your writing is getting really good, and I hope you never stop writing and post the next chapter soon. Have a great day/night.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix. :D

Lib says...

Thank you so much!! <3
I keep on avoiding THE PLAN because... well, you got it... I'm evil!! Mwahahahaha! XD Just kidding, you'll find out what it is soon. :)

I know your nor evil. I can't wait to find out what it is.

Lib says...

I'm working on the story, it's gonna be a tough one! XD

Good luck. :D

Lib says...

Thanks.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:35 am
manilla wrote a review...

Hi! Manilla here as promised. Let's get right into it, shall we? I'll go in order of the story.

こんにちは!

I like these languages in the beginning as a greeting - they set a bright tone. It's also been awhile since I remembered who's who, so maybe you could just put that up on the top as a key for the reader so that they understand the diary format. thx thxx

So after reading the previous installments of this series, I'm still having a hard time following the sequence of events in the story. There are moments, however, that contribute to moving the plot forward, but you need to make those central to the story instead of the diary and the other characters' interactions. That is my main comment. There aren't many minor issues with this, though - The dialogue was realistic, the characters were entertaining, and Andrealama is such a pretty name.

Another question - what about the passage of time? How much is passing? Maybe put that in the beginning of the diary entries. Y'know, some form of date.

That's all from me! Keep writing - I hope this review didn't come across as too harsh.
-Manilla out

Lib says...

Thanks for the review, I'll fit in a timing. :)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 pm
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...

This is so interesting! I love it! I can't wait to read more of it. You are writing this out really, really well. The only suggestion I have is to maybe put a little more emotion in some places, but that is a personal opinion. :)
I especially love the humor. I can't wait to see the end, see how everything turns out.
Keep up the good work!!

Lib says...

Thank you! <3

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
— Aristotle