Fairy Diary | Day 12

by Lib

The two siblings - Luke and Lily - had planned on going the next day. They just HAD to return the Book before it was too late!

"Can I be the old person this time?" Luke asked, as they reached the castle. "Your bag was very smelly."

"Fine." Lily huffed, rolling her eyes. She took out her wand from her bag and handed it over to Luke so he could do the transformation.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Ready." Lily confirmed. She crouched on the ground and Luke pointed the wand to Lily's forehead and transformed her into a rat. Then, he pointed the wand to his head, and he was suddenly an old man. He opened his bag, so Lily - the rat - could get inside with the Forbidden Book Of Magic. Since Luke was holding a cane, he wobbled over to the gates. “Oh, mi Lord, do you mind helping me? I came from a faraway land.” He pretended to sob.

Inside the bag, Lily smiled at her older brother for doing such awesome acting. “Every fairy must help every creature!” she heard a young fairy-man’s voice say. “C’mon in!”

The young fairy guard escorted Luke inside the castle. “Thank you, son.” Luke said and patted the guards’ armor. Luke stared at the guards’ back as he left.

The old man – Luke – scurried away to the spot where he had last seen the table on which the book was lain. And to his surprise… The table wasn’t there! He shook his head, Impossible, I remember it was here. I swear to my fairy own life that it was right here!

Luke jumped when he heard some fairy clapping behind him. "Y-your M-majesty!" Remembering his manners, he bowed.

"You came to return what was not rightfully yours am I right?" The queen said. Lily, in her rat form, peeked through a hole in the bag, and saw the queen! Her Majesty took out her wand and tapped it on Luke and the bag that Lily was in. The siblings were both transformed into their original selves. "Magic is not used for evil." she said in her soothing voice. "I understand that you wanted to help your friend. But, my dear children, you could have asked me. You both know that I value truthfulness before anything. I can not except this deed." she paused. Her wings, lowered, as a sign of respect. Luke and Lily, in their original forms, were so shocked, that they fell back. The queen laughed.

"Oh, you two humor me!" she giggled. She waved to them to follow her. The siblings got up, brushed themselves off and walked behind her. Lily was tempted to grab Luke and run. The queen could execute them! 

"Oh, and you two DO know that animals are forbidden right?" she paused looking at the kids.

"Y-y-yes." Luke stammered.

"Oh your Majesty, we're really sorry! We were trying to save our friend! We know it was a punishment, but, I'm so sorry! Please let us go! Please don't chop our heads off!" Lily cried. 

"Oh dear, do you think that your queen is cruel?" the queen raised her eyebrow. Luke and Lily shook their heads. The queen again, burst out laughing. The siblings were very confused as she kept on walking and stopped as they entered a huge, beautiful, pricey-looking, amazing, wondrous, awesome, living room. "I would like to talk to you to. Take a seat."

"I have accepted your apology. And, I love the effort that you put in to help a friend. You both know that I value friendship right after truthfulness, right?" she eyed the two fairy-kids, then smiled. "I hereby declare that Luke will be the heir to the throne! And after him, Lily!" she exclaimed. The maids who were in the living, heard, and so did all the fairies in and around the kingdom. When the queen wants to announce something, she says it in a loud voice and it echos throughout the land as 'news'. 

"Both of you have proved that you are worthy of the throne!" she continued in her normal voice. Luke looked over at Lily who was pale. He shot up to assist her but right before he could say anything, she jumped up and danced around. Then, she flew around the entire length of the living. After, she laughed and laughed so much, that she fell to the ground. Then, she got up, and sat back on the couch that she was previously sitting at and grinned form ear to ear. 

"You may leave now, my heirs." the queen said. "Give me the Book before you leave!" 

Lily took it out and she smiled. The three maids who were in the living room ushered them out politely. 

~  ~  ~

I still can't believe it Luke, we are actual heirs to the throne! 

I know! It's so exciting, but remember, I come before YOU! Once I die, you can take my place.

But, if we are heirs then, shouldn't we be living in the castle and enjoying all the luxuries?

I don't know. But, mom, dad, Louis, and the girls have been treating us like royalty! Isn't it great?!

I know! I still can't believe it! I'm so excited.

Anyways... Let's continue the story. 

It was almost nighttime at the point we're at right now, right?

Yep, but I don't know how, we were only in the castle for a few hours. It was suddenly night! 

I don't know. Luke, can you finish the rest? I'm going to sleep. It's so late in the night.

I am PRINCE LUKE.

Yeah, yeah. Good night, bro. 

'Night.

~  ~  ~

As the two siblings came outside, they were surprised that it was already nighttime. A little while later, they had finally reached home after being interviewed by a thousand fairies. The siblings were going nuts-o! 

By the time they reached their home, they were served with delicious food that their mother had made. They were so happy, and shocked, of course, since they had become the heir to the throne in less than a day. But this world is Fairy World. Anything can happen.

WHOA! Luke and Lily are heirs to the throne? That was totally unexpected. The Queen seemed nice, so why was she upset with Ashley? Because she was breaking the rules? Lily and Luke broke the rule of not sneaking into the palace and they’re fine. Is it because she selfishly wished to be human? Ashley was just a kid. Hold on..how did she know about the magic book? Maybe she committed more crimes than she lets on.. I wish you a fantastic day/night!

LadyBug wrote a review...

Hello Libby! Jade back to review this installment of Fiary Diary on a VERY special day. Let's begin

I love the lack of bold in this chapter, it's a lot nicer on the eyes. I also enjoyed the pilot twist and noticed all of the build-up you'd been adding in past chapters. This one flows so well and I could tell you had planned it out well.

Grammar errors aside, because I noticed a few other people pointed them out, this has been my favorite chapter so far! Keep writing.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:06 am
Horisun says...

...Plot twist!

Lib says...

Lol.

TropicalRain wrote a review...

Hey @Liberty500! TropicalRain here with a few things to say about your work, and to help you get it out the green room.

So I quickly read through your other chapters, and I really like what I'm reading at the moment. Your story isn't moving to fast, and you sure gave me a shock when I found out Luke and Lily will be taking the throne after the Queen is gone, I am wondering what will happen to the Queen now though? Now that you have said Luke and his sister will be taking the throne after her, will other fairy try and take the throne from her, or will she go missing or pass away? I have know idea. I just have a lot of questions that I know will have answers later on.
I think the little world you have made here is quit comfortable, and nice to dwell in while your reading. So great job. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter. ;) I look forward to reading it.

TropicalRain.

Lib says...

Thanks so much, it means a lot to me. I'm grinning ear to ear right now, because I have a new reader who likes my work. :mrgreen: Again, thanks a lot!

TropicalRain says...

Haha, I'm glad I could make you smile. I would love to be tagged when ever you post again. :D

Lib says...

Okay. :D

TropicalRain says...

Thanks.

Lib says...

Anytime!

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 am

Hello, FlamingPhoenix here with a short review for you, on this lovely day.

Okay let's start.

So out of the whole chapter I only saw one very small thing, that I would like to point out to you.

The siblings were very confused as she kept on walking and stopped as they entered a huge, beautiful, pricey-looking, amazing, wondrous, awesome, living room. "I would like to talk to you to. Take a seat."

Now you see the words in bold, well as you know those are the words I want to talk to you about. You see as much as I love that your trying to describe everything, I don't think you need to add so much words that way it looks amazing. If you want to tell us it that much then how about you use a word like astonishing. A word as simple as that will be able to get your point across.

Okay that's all I could see that I would like to talk to you about. Now onto the fun stuff.

I will have to say this is one of your best chapters so far. I mean I did not think the queen would be so nice, and on top of that she made them heirs to the throne, I think that's quit s big thing, and I didn't even suspect it. So I think it was very well done.
I also liked that you are trying to describe things now that this is isn't really in a diary, I find that I can connect to your character a lot better now. So I'm having a real blast.
I'm also looking forward to seeing Luke become King, I'm not sure if we will be able to read that in the book, because that means the Queen will have to die, or go missing or something. But with you I can never tell, you always keep me guessing. So great way to keep your reader on their feet.

You have done a really great job here with this chapter, and I have a lot of fun reading and reviewing your chapter for you, and I am really looking forward to the next chapter, to see what will happen next. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend, and faithful reader
FlamingPhoenix.
Reviewing with a fiery passion.

Ps: So much for this review being short. XD

Lib says...

Thanks for the review! It means everything to me. And all those words is just Lily's way of describing stuff. ;) Thanks though. I'll keep it in mind. :elephant:

Oh okay, I understand. ;) I'm glad I could make you happy.

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming