Fairy Diary | Day 13 1/2

by Lib

Lily? Are you there?

No.

Oh... Then, I'll continue the story I guess.

Hey! You can't do it without me!

I thought you weren't here.

Well, I am now!

Haha, okay, continue with me. Should we start from the very beginning?

Yeah!

~  ~  ~

"Good morning." Louis yawned. He had been dragged out of bed by Lily. Lily and Luke had to discuss a lot - about the throne that is. 

"Good morning." Layla yawned back, mocking her older brother. The entire family, except for Lea - she was at camp - were gathered around the table. 

"Can I say something first?" Layla said. "Please?" she looked at everyone with pleading eyes. 

"Sure." Luke and Lily said together.

"I have applied to a university!" she beamed at her parents. They gave her a questioning look, "Which one?" her mum asked. 

"University of Fashion and Knowledge." Layla grinned. 

"Did you get in?" her father asked cautiously, not wanting to get his hopes up too much.

"YES!" Layla shrieked. "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!" she was flying up and around the kitchen. Her parents were dumbfounded, so were the kids. Her mother got a slow grin creeping up on her face, and suddenly she brightened and congratulated her daughter. They both were so excited that they didn't notice that her father wanted to congratulate Layla too! 

~  ~  ~

We should mention what UFK actually is.

Oh, Luke, everyone knows that the University of Fashion and Knowledge is the most top university ever! Only the brainiest and most fashion-addicted people get applied! Oh, Luke, use your brain for once.

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 am

So Layla got accepted into a fashion university? Things are looking up for the L family. Luke and Lily are heirs to the throne. Layla is going to a fashion university. I wonder what else will happen. How did Lily get the diary? Was it a gift from her Mom? If so, then where did she find it? If it weren’t for Lily having a diary, than the things that happened with her and Luke would not be. I wish you a nice day/night.

Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 am
LadyBug wrote a review...

Hey Libby, my goodness this chapter was probably the cutest thing so far. I'm excited to review it!

Just a nitpick, the college process isn't normally that simple, but good for Layla!

The part in the beginning were both kids yawned good morning was a bit weird. Why were they both yawning the same thing, it felt like a weird into?

Lastly, all the "yes" isn't the best way to show excitement. You've made up a fairy world and we've been over this before. Endless possibilities!

I loved reading this chapter, keep writing!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 am
Tawsif wrote a review...

I actually didn't understand whether it was a part of a book or not. That was why I couldn't really make out some of the things, like why the speeches of Luke are bolded, and who Lea is.

If it is a chapter of a novel, then you did quite good, I must say. You pictured the sudden delight in Lily when she heard about the story (at the very beginning), and Layla getting excited about her success in a resonant way. I liked it.

Keep writing.

Lib says...

Thank you! <3 This is a part of a series. You should start from the beginning, then you will understand everything. Thanks for the review on Dead, by the way. :D

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:56 am
Horisun wrote a review...

Great chapter! (Or day, depending on how you look at it)
Nothing much to say, except for the line, ""Good morning" Louis yawned. He had been dragged out of bed by Lily" It is just me, or if someone had dragged me out of bed, (Littarly or figurtivly) I'm bound to be a little grumpy. But maybe he's just a morning bird, who knows?

Cannot wait for the next chapter! :D

Lib says...

Oh, he can be a morning fairy. Lmao. Thank you very much, by the way. I haven't seen you around in a long time, how's everything going?

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom