"Lion"

by LeonineLisbeth

The isolation, the hurt and loneliness of solitude you wished not for. It seems like the whole world is out to get you and all you can do is stand and take it all. Calling for help but the voice falling on deaf ears, the pleading, tearful eyes reaching none more than the blind, and the appearance of lostness and craving for familiarity on the face speaks to strangers as a leper. The mind becomes only an ocean of distraught and unsettlement seeking for a lifeguard. The desperation and the devastation-- the knowing of not knowing who or where you are on the soil you stand on. 

The voices in your head create an orchestra too loud to hear what’s real and around you. The low strings of the cellos resonate with the sound of the woebegone, synchronized by the black keys of a piano creating harmonious sadness. The soul slowly becomes more and more hollow as its emptiness and missing of hope creates a bigger hole. Like budded flowers of Gypsophila so small and delicate the soul is, awaiting pure white to bloom and overflow what’s closed and dark.

Yet there is no light without the dark, and no dark without white. The black keys waltz around the resonance of the lowest string, resounding a song of the heart that time alters with the rising suns and moons. The language of the orchestra of voices speaks personally, and is changed by the healing of time also. Flowers bloom as gentle as babies’ breath and attract the eyes of care. The ocean waves calm into something like the purest silk, and the lifeguard can see what was hard to. And all of a sudden, you’re not so lost and alone anymore.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:13 pm
AsherIsAnon wrote a review...

i don't know why but as i read this i felt like word by word it gets darker and more psychotic maybe its just my own interpretation but i really like the movie and i get where this is coming from so good job on this i have to point this out this is one of the best punctuated and formatted pieces i've read on this website. however not a lot of people may have watched the movie so little background would've helped a lot but still great piece i hope you keep on writing. Good Luck!! :)

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:18 am
Juleza says...

Ur writing is very moving and even though I have not yet watched the movie all the way, I can just feel all the emotions flowing into me. Indeed as I watched the first part ur description is so very accurate. Keep up the good work, and I mean it, u have a talent for writing. Plus ur writing, I could feel what u felt with all the personification, I love what u wrote. Well done.

I too was looking to review but...well there does not seem to be anything wrong lol.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:33 am
GinaERufo wrote a review...

Wow, first of all. I came hear to write a review but I didn't really find anything wrong with this or something that needed correcting, so good job!
It was very beautifully written, but I would have spaced a few of the sentences more in the beginning so that the one paragraph doesn't seem so full of lag, but personification of objects and rhythmic wording makes this a very soothing, comfortable thing to read.

All in all, I liked it and gave it a star because I think it takes quite a bit of talent to write something like that, and I think you could go far continuing to write like this. I look forward to reading more of your work :)

Oh my gosh you've made me so happy. Since this is my first post in a couple of years, I was really nervous. But you've given me great confidence. Thank you so much!!!!! ^^

GinaERufo says...

Yay! I'm so glad that I made you happy. You really are talented, so I'm glad that I was able to boost your confidence and hopefully convince you to KEEP WRITING :). Not everyone is as poetic or inspiring as your work was to read, so once again, good job!

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery