May 1st (a letter)

by LadyBug

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 am
JesseWrites wrote a review...

Hello there,

So, thank you for including the warning because i am someone who is very careful with SH or similar related stuff. Major kudos on that because it's rare.

I have to say this, when i first glanced through this i thought it would romanticize suicide, which I don't think it did that much. I'd still watch out for anything like that because that can be bothering. Again, the warning helped big time.

Fireflies surrounded us, remember? Sat by the edge of my window we smoked cigarettes.

Yes! I can imagine that in detail, so good job.

I also think that you did well on making it feel so real. It is hard to read, i'll admit it's sad because it is all too common. It was casual, which is fitting for how it's on the topic of death and morbid things.

And one more line I liked,
I know I’m romanticizing everything, I know I’m stupid and I do stupid things, but when death is all I think about, romanticizing is easy, it’s like a long-lost love.

'Lost love' is perfect for this I think. It's almost true too.

Have a good day,
Haley.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson