Funny Thing sn't it? The Owner and Pet bond Spelled Out

by EverLight

Funny thing isn't it? How animals can touch our hearts so deeply.

Crazy thing isn't it? That we'd give our last breath for a pet.

An innocent look, a loving purr, an affectionate lick, and they have stolen our hearts.

Who are we that we'd care so deeply about animals?

Who are we that we'd go so far as to protect them, as our own children?

Who are we that we'd abandon our dearest love to hold on to that entrancing gaze, that loving tongue, that velvet purr?

The bond between of humans and their beloved pet goes so deep into our inner being; it is a bond that cannot be broken.

For a silent purr, a soft meow, say more than the tongue that speaks words of love, yet whose heart never breaks for you. Perhaps it is this that would cause us to go crazy over our pets, to give our heart out to an animal, and love them as our own children.

No words can explain that bond that makes us grieve so deeply for them, it is something magical something deep rooted. 

Boluk says...

Wait just to clarify, This isn't a poem is it. Cause this feels like a poem most definitely. You seem to be pretty accurate to how you feel about animals well you only seem to be mentioning cat's here for some reason instead of the other animals like dogs and small squirrels which in my opinion mainly seems to correspond with your descriptions a bit better. Also this might be a personal but are you a furry? Just so people now a furry isn't a person who wants to do it with an animal but rather a person who just really likes a certain species of animal. I was asking this question because a lot of your works seem to be about cats and I was feeling curious and I do not mean to offend you in any way.
Conclusion: In conclusion this seems to be a wonderful in depth look you might just need to add other animals other than cats.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 am
TheMaskedAstro wrote a review...

This is very good poetry, it truly does portray the bond with are pets.

However if you were to try and appeal to a wider audience I would segest using other animal references then cats. Unless this was more personal but as someone who is allergic to cats and has meany other types of pets that don't really lick or purr to show affection I have a bit of a harder time connecting to this more then I could have.

Other then that the writing is smooth and I like the symbolism of this poem and I hope you write more!

EverLight says...

Thanks! though I should point out when I mentioned licking I meant dogs! oh well. I'm glad you liked this.

FantasyWriter76 wrote a review...

This story perfectly describes how we feel about our pets. Being a pet owner myself, I can relate to the text here. I'm FantasyWriter76, or Fantasy76, if you preferred. I'm reviewing this story, so let's get to it

We loves our pets and get sentimental with them as the bond between owner and pet grows. This story truly expresses the love you share with your pets. Because, after all, pets are family.

The one thing I don't like is the formatting, since this is classified as an "other" story, but it looks like a poem makes me feel weird

Overall a good story, 4.5 soft meows out of 5

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris