Let it Bleed

by Kaity

Often I find I'm trapped within myself. My thoughts scream in hopes of escape, yet they have only found one exit . For me, writing is the only way to accurately express them. I simply pick up a pencil, and bleed. Every emotion, dream, fear, or hope I've ever had finds its way from my heart to my hand. I fade farther from reality with each letter I write, finding bliss as I carve my soul into my paper canvas. In this case, bleeding isn't referring to an open wound, but an open mind. So I say, let it bleed.

Abaddon wrote a review...

I love this mostly because I can relate to it. You put something that most of us feel into words and that's what makes you a great writer. It's very easy to understand but also complex if you think about it a little bit longer. Absolutely in love with it, keep up the good work!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm
Inlovewithwriting wrote a review...

Wow! This was really good.
I found it heart breaking and sweet.
Okay so I probably should go in and make comments on the mistakes
But there was none, so that means no comments on that

As a reader I found your story really good.
Several people will be able to relate to this
In life sometimes you want to just bleed.
I also liked that you weren't afraid to write about this.
You obviously did not care about what others thought about you writing this
And I liked that

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:56 am
ErinYount wrote a review...

Hi.
That was short and sweet.
When I initially opened it and saw it was only one paragraph long, I almost hit the close window on my computer, because I wasn't sure anything substantial could come through such a small piece. But I am glad I didn't do that.
There is this quotation by Earnest Hemingway: "You don't write. You just sit at a typewriter, and bleed".
What you're trying to put through is much similar to that.
Perhaps write longer pieces, so the awesomeness of your writing can stay with the reader for longer than just a paragraph.
Loved it.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm
HaleyPenguin wrote a review...

Hello :)

First off, I want to say that I loved this!
It's short, but to the point, and it flows very well. And you didn't seem to get off track at all!
With how short it looked, I honestly (hate to say) didn't expect much. But you proved me wrong. It really shows how you feel, and I bet a lot of people could relate to you!

"Every emotion, dream, fear, or hope I've ever had finds its way from my heart to my hand. I fade farther from reality with each letter I write, finding bliss as I carve my soul into my paper canvas."

I can not describe how much I love this part. I'm obsessed with visual arts, and fine arts, and this part just spoke to me. It made me remember how I feel when I draw or play an instrument, and even when I write. The paper canvas part was a very good visual. It's like seeing a writer painting the words so gracefully onto a canvas, it's almost as if the brush and the canvas never touch. I absolutely LOVE it!

I, personally, think you did very well. couldn't have asked for a better short story, and I don't really see anything that needs fixing. I am in love with this <3

I really do hope I see more from you soon! Keep up the amazing work!

Kaity says...

Thank you so much! That gave me the biggest confidence boost ever! Im really glad you enjoyed it!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm
Jibber wrote a review...

Wow. This is pretty good. Though it's short, it successfully, and entirely brings into perspective that which you describe. It is a blunt paragraph, meant only to describe how you feel about writing. Though I must say I entirely agree with your feelings about writing, that they completely describe how I also feel about it, I must also say that the second last sentence:

"In this case, bleeding isn't referring to an open wound, but an open mind."

takes away some of the magic and emotion inserted into the beginning of your piece of work. It tells exactly what you meant by "let it bleed" but it also doesn't require imagination. What I think makes even a bit of work magical is what imagination is inserted into it also. Instead of bluntly throwing into your paragraph what you mean, continue to allow your description to flow directly from the heart. This may be difficult for any individual for some do not know what, exactly, it is that they feel when they attempt to describe it. However, it is that same magic that tries to escape as you write. As I say this, I must comment, no matter how you try, what you describe when you write about what you love most will always be insufficient when compared to what you really feel. A feeling cannot be described. It is absolute. And an absolute "thing" is always indescribable.

Great job and continue writing! :)

Kaity says...

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:14 pm
GoldFlame wrote a review...

This was truly beautiful, and I'm sure that a lot of YWS writers can relate with you. So the only nitpicks I have are minor errors. A "that" between "find" and "I'm" in the first sentence could clear up the meaning, but it's not entirely necessary. In the following sentence, replacing "only" with "already" might make more sense.

And one more thing. My favorite sentence: "I fade farther from reality with each letter I write, finding bliss as I carve my soul into my paper canvas." Keep on writing, Kaity; I love this! :D ~Flame

Kaity says...

Thank you so much!

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr