I climb to the top

by Jverduzco28

I wake up exhausted and wanting to sleep again, 'do I really want to go to school? what's the point? to get bullied and beat up my the D.O.G'S again?' ( Detroit Original Gangsters ) I hated them, espicially Travis. I decidied not to go and just sleep. It's not like my uncle Jeff would care. I lived with my uncle Jeff after my dad got shot by the D.E.A after he was cornored and he whipped out a pistol.
He was shot dead in front of my house when I was 7. I can still hear the loud terrifying gunshots in my head everytime I'm mad, which was a lot, I had a really bad temper, I always have.
My mom got arrested a week after my dad died for carrying drugs, she got out 3 years ago and she lives in New York with my only brother Jason. I always feel a little angry because of there lack of trying to find us, but I don't need them I don't need anybody, never have never will.
I hear a knock at the door but I ignore it. I hear it again and I ignore it. I hear it again and I get up irratated, I put on shorts, socks, and shoes, I walk to the living room and open the door, I see Destiny smiling at me.
" Hey Jake, let's go we're late " she tells me pulling me outside by my arm.
I close the door and walk with her, she was my best friend since 2nd grade she knew more about me than anyone else, even my own uncle, mom,dad, or brother, well like I said I only have contact with my uncle so it's not surprising she knows more about me than them.
" Hi, I was gonna miss school today! " I complain
she laughs " Well too bad I need you today " she tells me
" Why? " I ask
" Because....I don't know It's just boring without you " she smiles, she was my only friend, besides Danny I've been best friends with him since 4th grade, us three were the only ones who we hung out with besides us we're loners.
As we were walking we saw Danny running to catch up with us
" Hey guys " he greets out of breath
" Wow Danny, did you run a marathon or something? " Destiny teases with a laugh
" Hell yes I did! " he jokes and we laugh.
As we enter the school grass Travis and his friends see me and start to approach us.
'great just great!' I think to myself irratated . Travis arrives and pushes me back.
" How you doing pipsqueak ? " he teases
" Travis leave him alone! " Destiny warns.
" Awe!, your so weak a little girl has to defend you!?!, how pathetic! " he laughs.
" Shut the hell up! " I yell in his face.
He tilts his head in shock " What did you just say!?! " he asks angry.
" You heared me!, now go to hell! " I yell he gets angry and punches me in the gut. Danny pushes him but Travis's friends slam him to the ground as Travis throws me across the grass clinching his fists
" HEY! " a bus driver yells and Travis and his friends dash from the scene.
I get up and stand with Destiny and Danny compleatly embarrassed " It's okay guys, there just jerks, ignore them there not worth your time " Destiny tells us as we walk into class. I sit down in the front seat like always with people behind me throwing papers at my head. I ignore them frustrated clinching my fists ready to burst
" Stay calm Jake they're just idiots " Destiny tells me.
A girl behind me throws another crunched paper at the back of my head I could feel my veins popping with anger I slam my fist against the desk and turn around furious
" WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!!! " I scream to the ugly fat girls face she just laughs along with the other dumb kids.
" Jake calm down please " Destiny warns.
" You better listen to your girl pipsqueak " Travis tells me I burst up with anger clinching my fist ready to punch him.
" Do it I dare you!! " he challenges.
The teacher walks in and we both sit down in our seats, I was humiliated in front of everyone!, I knew I shouldn't have come to school!, but Destiny had to come get me!?!, it's all her fault!, I turn to face her angry, she looks at me and I roll my eyes shaking my head in disgust and turn back around flipping her off and mumbling a curse word.
I see from the corner of my eye a sad look on her face. She sets her head up by holding her chin with her arm leaning on the desk looking sorrowful. After two or three minuets I kinda felt bad for making her sad. I always do that, and for some reason I could never stay mad at her.
I tap her shoulder and she looks at me with a sad puppy look
" I'm sorry, I was just angry I didn't mean to take it out on you." I smile
She smiles back " I'm sorry too, can we talk later? " she asks.
" Yeah, I'd love to " I answer she smiles again and goes back to her paper.
I look to my right and see the amazingly beautiful girl Sara she was the hottest girl in school!, she was popular and a cheerleader, I've had a crush on her since the beginning of the year, too bad she never talks to me or wants to...she was Travis's girlfriend, Travis was a football and basketball player and in Wrestling he was the coolest guy there was and I was the biggest loser there was.

Kaylyn wrote a review...

Welcome to YWS! I can see you are a beginner, which is a step in the right direction. This has some potential, but needs alot of work.

Grammar:
Seriously lacking. There are a ton of those mistakes in here. It's the little things. If you have Microsoft Word, I would paste that there, and allow it to point out all of the mistakes. Also puctuation needs to be fixed as well. Also, dialogue is a whole 'nother kind of beast when just starting to write, it took me forever to get it right. Here is an example:

I tap her shoulder and she looks at me with a sad puppy look.
"I'm sorry," I smile, she smiles back.
"I'm sorry too, can we talk later?" she asks.
"Yeah, I'd love to," I answer.
She smiles again and goes back to her paper.

Notice how when the sentance continues after someone speaks, I insert a comma. Also, there needs to be no space after quotation marks.

Diction/Imagery:
Alright, the diction is lacking as well. I have really found that a thesaurus helped me out a ton! Unless you are aiming this at a much younger audience, I'd use a few "complicated" words. Also, Inserting more imagery would help tremendously. Let us see how everything looks, make us feel like we are there!

Good luck and keep writing!
~Kay

Jverduzco28 says...

Thank you I'll get to the problems ASAP.

Jverduzco28 says...

ChimeraMania wrote a review...

'I wake up exhausted and wanting to sleep again, do I really want to go to school? what's the point? to get bullied and beat up my the D.O.G'S again ( Detroit Original Gangsters ) I hated them, espicially Travis.'
'I woke up exhausted and wanted to sleep again. (then italicized this) Do I really want to go to school. What's the point, to get bullied and beat up by the D.O.G'D again. (Detroit Original Gangsters) I hate them, especially Travis. (then end italicized)'

'cornered and whipped out a pistol.'

'My mom got arrested a week after my dad died for carrying drugs, she got out 3 years ago and she lives in New York with my only brother Jason. I always feel a little angry because of there lack of trying to find us, but I don't need them I don't need anybody, never have never will.'
this paragraph would be better being slip up into four sentences instead of two.

' " hey Jake, let's go we're late " she tells me pulling me outside by my arm.'
' "Hey Jake, lets go we're late." She says, pulling me by the arm outside.'

'she smiles, she was my only friend, besides Danny I've been best friends with him since 4th grade, us three were the only ones who we hung out with besides us we're loners.'
'she smiles. She was my only friend until 4th grade, where I met Danny. The three of us hang out because we're loners.'

'As we were walking'
'As we're walking'

Okay I'm going to stop right her for a little bit and talk. First and foremost you like really need to capitalize the first letter when someone is saying something.
"Hey guys." and "Wow danny.." See it makes it so much better. Oh and yeah Chuck was right about the whole when you have them talking you need a separate paragraph. It sometimes gets confusing on who's talking if you don't say their name after like everything.

Second you really do have some spelling and punctuation issues. You should use spell check. With me I use spell check and a dictionary, just to make sure I'm using the right word. You might want to do that as well, because some of the words you're using could mean something else.

Okay so now I continue reading.

Now you have the rest of this in italicized, which shouldn't be. When i read the first part that was italicized I though he was thinking to his self 'great just great.' That could have been a good part for him to say to his self, but you have it as him saying it out loud, so it doesn't need to be italicized.

'he asks angry'
'he ask angrily'

Okay so I'm done. To be honest with you the novel is really good, but needs a lot of work. I think it will help you to read what you write, kind of like reviewing it yourself. Then if you feel that you can understand it or its good enough for you then you can post it. I'd really like to read the next chapter because it reminds me of something that could happen to anyone any day at school. So I like for you to continue it and keep in mine what everybody who reviews says. Like my friend says. Practice makes perfect. And like I say. You just gotta want it. So if you want it to be a great novel then all you need to do is to practice.

~:D :D :D :D :D :D LOVER OF EMOTIONS :D :D :D :D :D :D~

Jverduzco28 says...

Thank you, I'll get to the problems ASAP I school right now :/

Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 am
Chuck10931 wrote a review...

Hello! I am Chuck. I will be doing a review for you today.
Okay first off I noticed right up near the start that you have people talking on the same sentence. Now i'm not sure if this is a formatting error or a human error but whatever it is it shouldn't look like this: (This happened all over the text)

I close the door and walk with her, she was my best friend since 2nd grade she knew more about me than anyone else, even my own uncle, mom,dad, or brother, well like I said I only have contact with my uncle so it's not surprising she knows more about me than them. " hi, I was gonna miss today! " I complain, she laughs " well too bad I need you today " she tells me " why? " I ask " because....I don't know It's just boring without you " she smiles, she was my only friend, besides Danny I've been best friends with him since 4th grade, us three were the only ones who we hung out with besides us we're loners.

The correct way is:
"Hi, I was gonna miss today!" I complain, she laughs.
"Well too bad I need you today" she tells me.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because....I don't know. It's just boring without you" she smiles, she was my only friend, besides Danny I've been best friends with him since 4th grade, us three were the only ones who we hung out with besides us we're loners.

I also noticed some spelling mistakes throughout the text that need to be fixed.

That is all I have for now and keep up the good work!

Jverduzco28 says...

Thank you for reading I'll get to it as soon as I can, I have school right now.

Jverduzco28 says...

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor