First kiss.

by JustisMarez

I looked at the clock. He’d been here for an hour already. Time flies.

My mom knocked on my door, “Hey, I was thinking I was going to go visit Dan. I’ll be back in a few hours, okay? You guys be good, don’t get into any trouble.” She smiled and closed my door.

I love my mom, so much. She just leaves me with a boy in my room, no big deal. It wasn’t a big deal really. We’re just friends, been friends for almost two years now. I like him though. I’d much rather be his best friend than say something and ruin everything. Some people just don’t understand that.

Kolby turned his eyes from my door back to me. “Who’s Dan again?” He asked, completely cool of her leaving us alone.

“Oh, he’s my mom’s boyfriend,” I answered.

“Oh, okay,” That topic was dropped fast. “So, who do you like?” He asked, smiling.

He does this all the time, but every time he asks, I never tell him a straight answer. Maybe I’ll play with him a little.

It’s awkward seeing as how the person I like is sitting on my bed right beside me. I thought. “Eh, no one.” I lied.

“You’re a liar.” He smiled.

“Psht, no.” I smiled, rolling my eyes.

“Come on, tell me.”

“Who do you like?” I asked, switching the question on him.

“Hey, no fair! I asked you first,” He pouted .

“Well, you answer and I’ll answer.”

“Well, she’s really pretty…she has uh, ya’ know, hair, and a cute little nose.” I noticed that his eyes lowered ever so slightly from my eyes. “Now, you tell me. Who do you like?”

“He’s attractive in so many ways…” I laughed. “He has some hair, ya’ know, it covers his eyebrows.” His lips were in a grin as he listened. “He has a pair of brown eyes, just above his nose.” I laughed.

He laid back on my bed. I looked at him then did the same. We starred at the ceiling. He was the one to break the silence. “…uh.” He was hesitant. “…Have you ever been kissed?” He asked. The words rang in my ears. The piercing question that me as being a sixteen year old female having to answer sadly with a no.

I sighed. “..uh, no.” I answered, ever so softly hoping he might not of heard me. His face was turned towards mine interested in my answer.

“Really?” he asked.

Silly of me, but my heart was racing. “Yep.” I wouldn’t ask him back because I knew his answer. He dated one of my friends a year ago and they kissed in front of me, making me envy her. We sat there in silence while the ceiling fan twirled above us. “Why?” I asked.

“Eh, no reason.” He answered. He turned to his side, facing me and propped his head on the palm of his hand. My heart pounded, I swear he could hear it. “What would you do if I kissed you?”

Now I know he could hear my heart pounding, or he could see it about to burst through my jacket. My mouth opened to form words but nothing came out. He smiled. “I…I don’t know, kiss you back?” He could tell I was nervous but happy. I smiled.

“So, you wouldn’t care? Wouldn’t feel anything?” He asked, grinning.

“Uh,” Of course, I think I’m in love with you. I thought. “I don’t know.” I answered.

“Oh, well. I would.” He went back to his position staring at the ceiling.

What? Does he like me? I thought. A million thoughts went through my mind. The urge to say I would fought my lips. “Really? I mean, I would too…I just said that…’cause, I don’t know.” I said.

Kolby turned his head towards mine. “So you would feel something?”

“Maybe.” I smiled. He knew I liked him, and I think he likes me back. I thought. “Why, do you have something planned?” I asked jokingly.

“Maybe.” He smiled and went back to staring at the ceiling. My heart pounded so hard, I thought I was going to have a seizure or a heart attack. I’ve wanted him to kiss me for so long. Even since I met him, I wanted him to be my first kiss. He sat up on the bed. I did the same. “I want to try something.” He said looking at me.

“What?” I asked, slightly confused.

“Just, sh. You’ll see.” He said. Kolby got serious. The seconds felt like an eternity. He slowly inched towards me, lifting his hands to my chin. I felt lightheaded. He slowly slipped his hands under my hair, framing my face. I looked at his lips, then to his brown eyes. He was staring back into my own brown eyes. He was so close; I just wanted to push myself into his lips. I knew he was going to kiss me, I just wasn’t sure if this was real. Our noses touched. I put my hand on his leg for support. The seconds traveled by like a turtle with weights on its feet. Finally, the moment I’ve been waiting for; his lips locking onto mine. I closed my eyes and went with his motions. I smiled against his lips. Seconds raced by. The kiss was over. He leaned slightly back. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do that.” He said with our noses still touching.

My eyes were still closed, smiling. “Me too.” I pushed myself against his lips again.

PaperNessa wrote a review...

This was such a cute short story! I loved it so much. The story was a bit cliche, but you wrote it simply and described the scene well. I could relate to this story so much.
However, there were some little kinks. Throughout the story, there were a few fragmented sentences such as "Our noses touched." While the main character had some thoughts to herself, I became confused because they were mixed in with the dialoge. Another thing with the dialoge, it wasn't always clear who was talking.
Other than those few things, I loved the story! I want to know what happens next!

Keep writing,
Nessa

*I reposted this because it was supposed to be a review. I didn't check the 'review' box.

PaperNessa says...

Keep writing,
Nessa

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson