z

Young Writers Society



Religion

by IwillNOTbow2741


He goes to school with us,

Sits in the same seats as us,

He even walks in the same hallways as us.

Yet you feel the need to persecute and test him,

and for what?

His religion!

What is religion?

Religion does not define a person.

Religion doesn't mean your right.

the only thing religion does is give people something to believe in.

Why must we torment others just because of their religion?

People fought and died so us as people could have the freedom to choose.

So just stop.

I also go to school with you,

I sit in the exact same seats,

I even walk down those halls, just like he does.

I'm not persecuted or touched because of MY religion,

I don't even have a religion.

Yet you still find it nessacary to hurt him because he has a different religion while I don't even have one?

If this is called religion I don't even want one.

I am perfectly fine not going to a church and wasteing my time to say I'm something I'm not.

So what is religion?

Religion died a long time ago.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 1180
Reviews: 20

Donate
Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 pm
monsterwriter says...



I agree with yo so much! This all falls under the category of Bullying, do some research on the Born This Way Foundation. They work for things like this.




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 885
Reviews: 31

Donate
Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm
View Likes
FallenAngel97 says...



Girl I know how you feel! I have atheist friends and wicken friends, and they all get pushed around and bullied by people who call themselves "Christians". They go around saying not to bully people and to always be nice and to think WWJD*rolls eyes* and they are doing just the opposite of what they say! What kind of religion is THAT??! I don't wanna be christian if that's how they live...




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 846
Reviews: 10

Donate
Fri May 11, 2012 2:25 am
View Likes
AubrielRose says...



I completely agree with the point you are making here. I live in a small, very religious town and I have rather atheistic views. I know what it's like to be descriminated for my beliefs and I've even been harassed for them. Good work! I liked it!!






Thank you. I live in a very 'Christian' city and there is this one boy at my school who is a jahovas witness and they make fun of him for being difrent in his beliefs and it mad me mad to see that because we all have a right to choose what we want to be.




Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg