The Chronicles of Carina: Legend of the Nanawars

by yosh

A/n: idk if anyone has done this yet, but certainly, it is needed. Be prepared for a complete run-down of the NANAWARS plus the aftermath (the way our beloved storyteller yoshi has seen it, plus some random stuff that yoshi thought was funny)

Thunder strikes a building. Er, lightning strikes a building. However, according to Carina's mysterious thought processes, she probably believes thunder has the capability to strike buildings. 

Such is the thinking of a great figurehead.

The building cracks, due to the thunder's cruel strike. A lone yelp shatters the night, puncturing the ears of Carina, who is slumbering within her Carina Cave. She yawns and eats her daily Carina Cookie. 

"Who has waken me up?" Carina yawns again, "I must punish this evildoer!"

She yawns again. I hope you are counting how many times she yawns. 

Carina yawns and decides to venture to the yelp that punctured her ears so greatly. When she arrives, Carina finds an interesting sight.

A wild veeren is sitting on the ground.

Carina takes out her Pokéball and throws it at the wild veeren. She smiles and says, "I will name you Nanaveer!"

Indignantly, the Nanaveer, whose name has been overriden by the user's hacks, escapes the Pokéball and points back at Carina, "No! I'm not Nanaveer! I'm veeren!"

"No! You're veernana!" shouts Carina.

"Wait, you just said Nanaveer," says Nanaveer.

"Oh. Sorry Nanaveer."

"Wait!" Nanaveer shakes his head, "I'm veeren! Not Nanaveer!"

"You're a nana," shrugs Carina, "See, you even look like one."

Nanaveer looks down and gasps. His entire body from below his neck all the way to his waist is a complete banana! His legs and arms are shrinked into stick form.

Nanaveer roars, "I will never surrender to this tyrrany! I now declare you Carinana!"

Somehow, the Nanaveer got a hold of the hacks, so he changes the name [i]and[/i] appearance of Carina.

Carina looks down and gasps as well. She appears to be very similar to the Nanaveer.

"No-o-o-o-o!" she howls, "I will gather an army to destroy you!"

From behind, a flying lemur-monkey appears. Along with the lemur-monkey is a large green dinosaur, a shady-looking vyper, a Cheese Taco, a spunky kitty and many prominent others.

"My army will crush you!" she smiles victoriously.

The Nanaveer grins, "But I have an army, too!"

From behind him, a spunky kitty (*gasp* she left Carina!) appears. Along with the kitty is a wild vincian, and tuckster, along with many prominent others.

The Nanaveer's troops are lacking, however, compared to the might of Carina and her Pro-Nanaveer army.

Fearing the ultimate battle that would decide his name, Nanaveer points at himself, "Avadacadabra!"

The colossal magic energy emanating from his nana body envelops him, turning him into something stronger, something more powerful, something even capable of crushing carina.

He becomes the veerange. Some speculate that veeren just ate too much and got fatter and orange-er, but that is beside the point.

Carina, finally knowing who is the true point of superiority, surrenders to the veerange, and unites all nanas under her army to follow veerange. This completely ends the Nanawars, and the truce known by all as the Treaty of the Orange.

However, danger stirs up in the east. Ignorant and euphoric clouds begin to condense as the pinkroyalty. Sending postive pink messages and changing avatars pink is the start of their reign. Can they combat the United veerange Union? (or the UvU)

The fearsome veerange turns his massive orange head towards the pink clouds that are emanating rainbows and unicorns for everyone to smile about, not realizing the other danger coming from the west.

Inspired to combat by a new movie trailer, brave warriors band together to form the Lokiverse tag. They consist of the mage bird, the mysterious lady, and *gasp*, the flying lemur-monkey joins them, too. Truly many powerful warriors

This three-way war begins to thicken, as the legend begins to expand, but wait. It's not finished expanding yet.

Because a rival to Lokiverse begins to arise.

Neon begins to show its' true colors.

Who will win this four-way war?

Only time will tell . . . 

Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 am
TheWordsOfWolf wrote a review...

This was such a cute story! I loved your first few lines, they give a good introduction to what the rest will be like. The image you provided at the end is awesome. I love illustrated stories more than the oxygen I breathe I hope to see more with them in the future.
I relate to Carina on a very deep level, I also want to destroy anyone who wakes me up in the morning and also often choose to eat cookies for breakfast after yawning several times and then going out to catch creatures

yosh says...

Carina says...

I, too, relate to Carina on a very deep level

Shady says...

I, three, relate to Carina on a very deep level

Omni says...

I, four, relate to Carina on a very deep level

Atticus says...

I, five, relate to Carina on a very deep level

yosh says...

LOL

momonster says...

I, six, relate to Carina on a very deep level

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:39 pm
Euphory says...

PERFECTION <333333

yosh says...

It is my retelling of an amazing story. Glad you like it.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:10 am
SpunkyMonkey says...

This is a masterpiece!

yosh says...

I need no credit. It is simply my retelling of an amazing truth.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:17 am
Carina wrote a review...

Hi, Yoshi! Here for a review for this masterpiece!

First of all: wow, I am amazed by the depths of this story and lore. It seems like with every passing line, I am learning something new. The action! The lore! The backstabbing! I was literally on the edge of my seat, anticipating the next best thing.

I do have a question, though. Just who is this Carina character? She sounds like a fascinating MC, but I think more character development is needed. Just what is her backstory, why is she living in the Carina Cave, and where did she get the Carina Cookie? I must know.

I'm also interested in reading more about this veeren. Is he a pokemon, or a banana, or an orange? Maybe all of the above? What is his origin story? How fascinating. I'd love to read more about these character developments in future chapters.

There are also so many characters you have mentioned that seem to be side-characters without much purpose. I'd like to learn more about the shady-looking vyper, for instance.

And wow, the twists! Pink Royalty and Lokiverse! Just what are they?! I am bursting at the seams, wondering. Because, really, what are they?????

And now for a few quotes:

"No! You're veernana!" shouts Carina.

"Oh. Sorry Nanaveer."

I love this. This character is so relatable.

Fascinating. I'd love to read about the truth and how it happened. If it wasn't for this line, it would almost seem random that veeren turned from banana to orange.

Can they combat the United veerange Union? (or the UvU)

I love this. I wonder what a watermelon veeren would be symbolized as?

Anyways, that's it. Keep on writing and tag me in any future chapters. I am completely hooked. It's almost like history in the making.

I'm going to go eat a mango now.

~Carina

mayli says...

i have seen everything

Carina says...

welcome to the land of chaos, @mayli

Shady says...

oh @mayli, sweet mayli, ur just scratching da surface bb

yosh says...

this is only the beginning . . .

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 am
Shady says...

excus u /i/ started veerange 😤😤😤

yosh says...

sowwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

u gave nanaveer the evolution stone how about that

Shady says...

i will accept this role xD

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 am
veeren says...

this blatant mockery of our great and epic history will not go unforgiven

yosh says...

This is simply the truth. I have absolutely no idea what this 'blantant mockery' you are speaking of is.

Ignorance says...

AHHHHHHH WE HAVE LORE NOW!!! This is amazing!!! <333 #pinkroyalty

yosh says...

Tis very amazing. But the lore has just started . . .

momonster says...

ohmygoshilovethissomchyoshithankyouformakingthis-

yosh says...

Thank you for loving it!

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity