z

Young Writers Society



Never thought you'd see me again, eh? MWAHAHA!

by Incandescence


Luke, I am your father.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
61 Reviews


Points: 125
Reviews: 61

Donate
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...



[Clue 12/20]

Classified analysis of the above written work:

Image

>> The unusual nature of this short story implies that this is unlikely a work of pure fiction.
>> The Star Wars reference could be a symbolic link to predecessors and family members --> Big Brother?
>> Evil laughter = evil
>> The account Incandescence does not have any posts or reviews before 2005.
>> The above work implies that the creator of the account Incandescence was active on YWS before this time.
>> Pretty sure the “I” was not italicised when spoken in the original film.


Conclusion of analysis:
Incandescence (Brad) had an existing account before this one. This old account should be inactive as a result, and should be equally mysterious. This conclusion is reliably formed using Classified's BS data machines.

We would tell you what the BS stands for, but that information is classified.

Image


00110111




User avatar


Points: 220
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:36 am
View Likes
Classified says...



We know who you really are, Brad. No Star Wars reference can save you.




User avatar
221 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 221

Donate
Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:49 am
Kay Kay wrote a review...



Good job Sam! Nice star wars line...i was thinking the same thing about luke i am your father. Anyways i think the story is going very well and of course can't wait to read more. It looks as though snoik has already attacted the crits though. Oh well, good job though snoik. Post more soon sam!




User avatar


Points: 790
Reviews: 2

Donate
Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm
MacGyver says...



This was interesting to read, it really made me wonder why the guy was stuck in prison.




User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 94

Donate
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:22 pm
Zion says...



Hehe, this was fun to read :D




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:12 pm
Sam says...



*sigh* Yeah...you can really tell what came naturally and what I had to push. :P ICKY ICKY! Thankus, snoinky!




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:19 am
Snoink wrote a review...



This, Samwise, was not your best writing.

Your word choice was much too dramatic and overblown. Really, were her footsteps echoing to oblivion? Yeah... right. It's like your trying to say something which ends up being nothing. Make sense?

*sighs* Let me try again.

This is what is happening in your story:

1. A guy is agonizing in a prison cell.

2. He finally gets food, and a strange note with his food.

Now, (and I've struggled with this in the past so don't assume that I'm just trying to annoy you), inner dialogue is needed, but not to such an extent that it clogs up your story. In your previous selection of the story, it said the same thing. In this one, you just repeated yourself and added an interesting tidbit. My suggestion? Combine these chapters.

And the overblown language... hehehe....

One of the main problems is word choice. Every word means something and it can be the difference between an absolutely fabulous piece of work and an absolute dreary piece of work. This piece is none of those, but it would be a good idea to look through every word you have. As you do, say to yourself, "Is this what I want to say? Can I put it in a better way without stifling this piece?"

Just to let you know: you are one of the best writers I've seen on any writing club. True, I give you some leeway because of your age, but it looks like you can be an extremely good writer when you grow up soon.

Good luck!




Random avatar

Points: 1212
Reviews: 241

Donate
Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:02 pm
Harley wrote a review...



DUN DUN DUNNNN

Dearest Samanther...

NICE

I can hear the heavy darth-vader breathing now... :P :wink:




User avatar
488 Reviews


Points: 3941
Reviews: 488

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:49 pm
Meshugenah wrote a review...



*star wars music plays* Sambo..yeah, you know that can be fixed, so I won't harp on it.

yes, keep on plugging. that works.

macabre.. yes. good word.

Now.. you are going to write more, yes? good.

(and how you wrote about this.. I'm not sure, nor do I think I want to know..)

and manouevre.. hehe (yes, I had to).

and thank you for making this hard to nit-pick at. I'll be back.




User avatar
798 Reviews


Points: 17580
Reviews: 798

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:04 pm
Areida says...



Yeah... that line kind of threw me off too... maybe it's just because it sounds more like dialogue than something somebody would write in a note. *shrug*

But you used macabre! Yay! I love that word.




User avatar
683 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 683

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:12 am
Emma says...



Yay! You described that very well ;)

ARE YOU SURE YOUR.... Wait... How old are you again?

*thinks*




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:34 am
Sam says...



Lmao...yeah...that's what I first thought when I read it over. I NEED A DIFFERENT LINE!





I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear