Dreaming by Moonlight- Chapter Three

by Hope

OK, now I'm not sure if this is going to work for chapter three. I'm thinking of rewriting it, but I'd like your comments.

Chapter Three- Jessica

-He was walking towards me, not just walking kind of like a swagger as if he were important. His hair was a maple syrup brown and he had bright green eyes. He was closer now and you could see the roughness in his face. His muscles were straining the seams in his plain white shirt and he was saying something but I couldn’t make out the words. He had something in his pocket but it was sticking out towards me and more in the middle of his trousers. I couldn’t think of what it was, I blushed as it came to me. I knew exactly what it was.

“Who are you?” I whispered hoping he would hear me he kept walking towards me, and didn’t reply. He stopped in front of me and put his hands up dragging me towards him.

“What are you doing?” I stuttered even though I knew he couldn’t hear me. His lips parted and he leaned towards me and our lips met. I was surprised and couldn’t move, I just let his lips stay on mine. He parted my lips with his tongue and slipped it into my mouth. I knew that I shouldn’t be doing this but I couldn’t seem to stop. His hand slid over my breast and I pulled back knowing it couldn’t go any farther. He looked at me as if I was crazy and he started to back away from me, with every step he faded as if he was a ghost.-

I sat up in my bed breathing heavily wishing that it really hadn’t been a dream. I’ve dreamed of him before only this was the first time he had held me. I didn’t know who the man was; he probably was someone who I just made up. Someone that didn’t exist. I got out of my bed and walked over to the wash basin. Noticing the place of the sun I quickly got dressed and hurried down the stairs to father. I opened the door and peeked in to find father sitting straight up in the bed and screaming out orders at imaginary servants.

“Father who are you talking to?” I walked farther into the room and glanced around.

“Jessica! Can’t you at least try to tame that hair of yours?” He asked. I had long since gotten annoyed with the same question that he asked daily. I walked back out the door and hurried to Jayme’s room. Getting no answer when I knocked on him door I twisted the doorknob and peeked in. It was empty.

“Are you being snoopy?” I twisted around and saw Jayme behind me. I ran into his arms and squeezed him.

“I thought you had run off again.”

“No, I’m still here, but we have a guest with us for dinner.”

“A guest?” I questioned as a man stepped from the living room and into the hallway. I gasped in shock as I stared at the man who visited me every night in my dreams.

“Do you two know each other?” Jayme asked looking between us. The man gave me a questioning look too.

“No, no I just thought he reminded me of someone.”

“Well then I’ll have to introduce you. Jessica, this is Owen James. Owen this is my sister Jessica.” I just stood there looking stupid. How were you supposed to great a man that had fondled you in your dreams? I mean there aren’t too many things you could say.

“So we’ve got two men who are starving are you going to do anything about it?” I looked at Jayme and grinned.

“Well of course, I mean I only live to please you.”

“And I am in Gods debt for that.” I laughed and led them into the parlor. It was a comfortable room, one of my favorites actually.

“I’ll just go have Anna fix something.” I left the room and walked to the kitchen where Anna was. She was our cook and housekeeper and so we paid her and let her sleep in our extra downstairs room.

“Hi Anna,” I said.

“Hi honey,” Anna was a former slave until she bought her freedom and came north. She was old well not too old, and she was just a little plump, but she was as sweat as could be.

“Have you started dinner yet?”

“Yes I have, chicken and dumplings.”

“Smells good.” I said sniffing the air. I looked around the kitchen and didn’t really recognize it. I haven’t really seen in it since we had hired her. She had made it her sanctuary, rarely letting anyone enter. There was a window above the sink and cabinets to the left and right of it. There was also a door that led out to the smokehouse and outhouse.

“Who’s that young man out there?” She asked me like she knew something was up.

“A guy Jayme met during the war.”

“He’s a handsome man.”

“Anna! I am leaving now.” I walked back to the parlor.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:09 am
Hope says...

Thanks Qi! I'm very proud to receive the very first QGGF award! :D I'd like to thank my parents and my siblings and my friends... etc, etc. Yeah I um changed the beginning of that chapter and I changed most of the other parts too (thanks to you) and I like it a lot better.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:36 pm
QiGuaiGongFu wrote a review...

The speach in this was better than I've seen on this site before. It did well to convey the message without using superfolous post text.

However, I didn't like the perverse sexuality at the beginning. You can convey the same message of lust without the rippling chest and trouser snake.
Some of your sentences run on for a bit, you should consider breaking them up with some punctuation. "not just walking kind of a swager like it was important." That needs a break in the middle. As you write, you should recite it out loud, inserting punctuation where you physically break in speach.

This bit does however, recieve the first ever QGGF award. For not using "___ said ____ly" after any diolog. Way to GO! Go have yourself a cookie.

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox