18+ Language Violence Mature Content

Chapter four/ story from the past: Kid with the medal hands- Beast Vs. Boss

by Holiday30

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language, violence, and mature content.

Year 2038

Houston, TX

The cars drove up and down the street with a busy tune. Above in an apartment sat a young boy with metal arms. He sat there motionlessly as the room he was in was hot and mugged. There was a man lying there on his floor. Blood was dripping from his mouth and his eyes had blood running out of them. The young boy was holding a picture and in the picture there were three people. Him, the man on the floor, and a woman. The boy eyes filled with tears as he clinched the necklace. The necklace read cherry, and it had a mouth biting a cherry. The boy sat there and cried but instantly stopped when he heard footsteps coming up to his apartment door. He then ran toward the window and crashed out of it. He landed on the balcony as bullets came out flying out behind him. He then ran and jumped off the balcony and crashed through a lower roof canopy. Two guys came out his apartment as the stressfully look for him. They then signal to two more guys to go down there and look for the kid. Two guys came through the crowd pointing their gun as the went to the spot where the kid would have crash. Once they reached the spot they notice the kid wasn’t there and they sent a signal back two the other guys.

Later on that night………………………………………………………………………………………

“Ho, that’s funny Amy.” A white man said as he and his family bend the corner. He was about 6’3 and body type was muscular. He had a long curly blonde mustache. His hair was straight, short and blonde. His eyes was blue he had on a blue suit.

“You think so daddy?” A little girl asked. That was Amy. She was only five and the smallest out of everyone. She had long blonde hair, green eyes, and the cutest smile you will ever see.

“Dad, it’s really not funny? She stinks at telling jokes.” A little boy said. He was about 9 and was 5’0 ft. He had a scarlet red and he had a mini blue suit that matched his and his father eyes.

“Now Jacob stop being mean to your sister.” A woman said. She was 5’11 with long scarlet hair and she had green eyes. She and Amy both had on blue dress that matched Jacob and his father.

“But ma-”

“No buts young man, your mother has spoken.”

“Okay.” Jacob sighed

“Now apologize to you sister.” His mother commanded.

“What?!”

“You heard your mother.” His father snapped.

“I am sorry.” Jacob quickly said.

“You okay Jacob I still love you.” Amy said as she hugged on Jacob. He made a face as his sister hugged him and his father clocked him on the head.

“Ouch.”

“Good, it should hurt.”

They then all disappeared into a giant mansion.

The daughter made it to her room. She sat on her bed and played with doll when she heard a noise in her closet. She went to open it and took a deep breath and backed up slowly as a long metal arm began to emerge from the closet. It was holding a knife that was pointed at the little girl head. The body that was attached to metal arm appeared from out of the dark. He had one metal finger up to his mouth signaling the girl to stay quiet.

“If you don’t scream then you don’t die okay?”

The little girl Amy nodded her head.

“Good, now sit down on the bed.”

Amy went and sat on her bed as the boy with the metal hand hobbled out the closet. His lower leg was gushing out blood. There was a large stick stuck in his leg in it. He hobbled all the way to the door and closed it. He then hit the light switched and sat down on Amy toy chest.

“Can I ask who are you?’

“Um, no.”

“Well can I ask why your arms silver but your brown is?”

“No.”

“Can I ask-”

“No don’t ask shit okay?”

Amy shook her head and quickly lay down.

Morning came and the boy with metal arms finally awoken. But once he was up he notice he had cover on his body, Amy was gone and the door wide open.

“Shit!’ He yelled as he battled to his feet. He paused just for a second and notice his leg was bandaged and the wood that was in his leg was gone. He sat there puzzled when heard voices downstairs. He grabbed his knife and made his way towards the stair case. Heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He jumped the mother and put a knife to her throat. The father quickly put his hand up and the little boy Jacob did the same.

“Hey look Mr. Metal hands are up.” Amy sang as she began to skip towards the boy with the metal arms.

“Wait he is real?” Jacob asked.

Amy went and stood around the boy with the metal arms. The boy cut his eyes to Amy for a second. He saw her looking at his leg.

“Does it still hurt?”

She asked.

He just looked at her as she gave his leg kiss.

“Don’t worry I am going to some more bandages. Don’t move.”

Amy skipped up the rest of the stairs.

“Why are you in our house?” The father asked.

“Because I am being the hunted and I have nowhere to hide.”

“Hide? What are you hiding from?”

“The Jasmine Cartel.”

The father eyes got wide. “Look son you need to leave now.”

“I am sorry Mr. Briggs but you are the only one that can help me.”

“Honey you know this boy? And who is the Jasmine Cartel?”

“No Margret I have no recollection of this boy, nor do I know of this Jasmine Cartel. Now sonny I can do you a solid and allow you to leave……I want even call the cops but you need to leave now.”

“Mr. Briggs only you can help.”

“I am trying to but you refuse to take it.”

“No, Mr. Briggs you not listening to me. I need your help. My father told me to find you.”

“Your father?”

“Kenneth Steeles.”

“Kenneth Steeles? As in Kenneth Steeles, world renowned scientist? But if that’s the case then you are Junior.”

“Yes.”

“Oh my god……is that really you? But I don’t understand last I heard is that your heart failed and you died.”

“I did but your design saved me.” The boy with metal arms said as he let go of Ms. Margret.

Jason got close as he notice the arms.

“These where from project armheart.”

“Yes I know.”

“But how? Me and your father decided that this was a fail project and scrapped it.”

“My father found a way to make it work.”

“But how?”

The man with metal arms then taped on his right arm. Out of it popped out a jade crystal.

“Jade crystal? Oh my god, where did your father get this?”

“I don’t know. When I woke up I just know my father was over top of my body. I looked to the left and seen my mom with blood running out her mouth.

“Baby you woke?” Junior began to reminiscing about the last convo he had with his mother.

“Ma?” He whispered back as he tried to get up. He felt a sharp pain shoot through his body.

“Baby, don’t move. You not use to your new body.”

“My body?” He thought to himself.

“Kenneth baby you make sure you take care of our Junior okay?”

Junior then looked to his father who was crying hysterically. He nodded to his wife who was still coughing up blood. She had a giant whole on her side and a puncture lung. She then took out her bloody hand and picked up her necklace that said her nickname cherry.

“Baby you make sure you will live no matter what okay?” She smiled as she rubbed his face.

She coughed up more blood before speaking once more. “Hey your grandfather before he died told me when I was pregnant with you that he heard god voice. And god told him himself that you will be a huge somebody. You will bring the world true peace, and I believe it.”

She then closed her eyes and stopped breathing.

Junior just started to cry. The next day the Jasmine Cartel appeared. They found out my dad had found out how get project armheart to work. They wanted him to make them some but my dad told them he wasn’t the one that made the design. That’s when they mention your name. Jacob Briggs. My father told them he had no idea where you were. So they were going to make him take my arms. He was able to convince them to give us one more week together. They agreed, and that following day we disappeared.

“Me and my father had been staying in the woods about 1,000 miles out from here. He said taking that way would not only be safer but allowed him to train me.” The guy with metal hands shook his head remembering the training he endured 4 months ago.

“Ouch dad that hurt!”

“It supposed to son. You think those mother fucking gangster will be easy on you because you are a child??? They do not give a fuck. They will kill you. Now stop your bitching and get up.”

“Man I don’t wanna fight no more, I am going to bed.”

The guy with the metal hands stop quickly as he listen a gun be cocked. He looked back a seen his father pointing a .44 magnum at him. Tears filled his eyes.

“Dad no, please.”

“I am sorry son but I rather you dead then for them to have you.” He then shoot and the bullet ripped through his chest.

The next morning Junior woke up. He sat up slowly, as he tried to remember what happen. When he put his hand on his chest the memories flooded back to his head. As he touched all over his chest but there was no wound, no blood, no nothing but the whole where the bullet penetrated at. He got up and walk over to where his father was sleeping, he seen his father was not there. Panicking now he ran through the woods looking for his father when he stepped on twig. A huge black bear turned and looked at him. He backed up slowly as he fell down the hill and yelled. The bear roared and chased after Junior. Junior tried to battle to his feet but the bear hit him and knocked him back down. It roared and went to try and strike him again but junior rolled out the way. A rusty Bundeswehr Advanced Combat Knife then pierced the ground below him. He looked up and seen his father standing at the top of a cliff.

“Finish the bear!” His father yelled down from up high. The kid looked at the knife and then the bear that roared and charged at him. He was able to roll out the way and grab the knife. The Bear stood straight up and swung at Junior.

Junior ducked and counter with a stab to the bear. The Bear roared fiercely as it slapped Junior across the face Junior had for claw marks running across his face with blood running out his mouth. He was daze trying to fight his way up but the bear knocked him back down and stuck it paw in Junior's chest. The bear then went and bit down on Junior neck. Junior yelled out in pain as blood shot out his neck. His father did not move.

“Come on Junior, you got this all you need to do is concentrate.” His father thought to himself as he watched his son get slaughter by the bear.

Junior heart that was once beating fast from anxiety finally slowed as his face that had the claw marks across began to heal, his headache began to disappear to and he could think clearly. Information began to run threw his mind as he instantly learned what type of bear it was on top of him. It was a female black bear, weighing no more than a 110 to 120 pounds. He then gripped the back of the bears neck m as he began to pick her up and off his neck. His Neck began to heal as he battle back to his feet. He then with all his might slammed the bear down on her back. He then climbed on top of her body. With mighty yell to the heavens he ripped the bear jaw in two separate directions. Rain began to fall from the sky as Junior stood over top of the bear. His eyes then landed on his father. His father just looked back at him and then began to walk away.

“Hey Junior bring that up, that’s tonight’s dinner.” His father yelled back. “Bae, or son might actually be alright.” Junior father smiled to himself.

Later at dinner, it was dead silent. Neither saying anything to each other.

Junior just looked at his father before throwing down his plate.

“Fuck did you do to me dad?”

“Hey watch your mouth young man.”

“Dad how do I do that when I am a fucking freak of nature.”

“You are not a freak of nature.”

“What do you call it then dad? I died three times and yet I am still here. Why?”

“Look the arms on your body give you a special ability as long as you have these.” Junior father explained as he threw his son a small bottle.

Junior looked inside and seen little green crystals inside.

“What are these?”

“Those are your heart, and it cost your mother her life, so guard them with yours.”

Junior looked at his father who was smiling at him. The word "warning" flash across Junior's face. “Dad lookout" he yelled as he grabbed his father and moved him. A bullet pierce through Junior left chest area as he fell down. His father hand landed in the fire.

“Aghh!” His father yelled holding his hand. Junior laid there motionlessly for a few seconds before he heard, “du-doop, du-doop…… is that my heart?” Junior then took a deep breath as he battle his way up as the whole in his chest started to fade. “Dad!” He yelled as he slid over to his father.

Another bullet shot through the darkness but missed them. “Son, we have to move now.” His father commanded as he fought to his feet. He then took his burned hand and hit a button his watch. Two beetle things shot from out the ground and latched themselves on to a tree. Junior’s father then grabbed him and pulled him in the opposite direction of the beetles looking things on the tree. Then they went off a sat off a bright light.

That’s when Junior’s father did a little euro-step and stepped on a button on the ground. It launched a gun in the air it had a strap that landed perfectly around Junior’s father neck. He then pointed the gun in the direction which the enemy was coming.

“Aghh!!!!!!!” He yelled as he shot repeatedly through the dark. You can hear the enemy moan and groan in pain as the gun continuously spit out bullets.

Junior and his father took off once more down the hills in the woods. They finally reached the Buffalo Bayou, but there was a surprise for them at the bayou.

“Come on son we need to go.”

(A match was lit.)

“Aww so soon but why?” A voice asked from the top of a boulder.

Junior’s father quickly grabbed his son put him behind him as he pointed his gun towards the bolder.

The voice just smiled as it jumped off the bolder.

“Fuck, its snake.”

“Snake? Dad whose snake?”

That’s when the man fell from the top of the bolder. He had long black hair and was Asian race. His nose was that of a snake as his K-9 teeth was as sharp as a fang of a viper. His eyes where forest green and he was 5’10, very skinny. The Snake face man smiled as Kenneth quickly pushed his son away from him. He then shot the gun as the bullets spit out that gun repeatedly.

Snake dodge the bullets with such ease.

Snake then took out a dagger and threw it. It pierced Kenneth right shoulder as blood spewed out of it.

“Damn its poison.” Kenneth thought as he watched snake run up and on him. Snake delivered a devastating spinning kick to Kenneth chest.

“Dad!” Junior yelled as he charged at snake. He swung repeatedly trying to hit him. But Snake made it look so easy as he flipped, cartwheeled, and slither his way past every swing by Junior. He ducked a right hook, and kicked Junior in his right leg. Junior fell to his knees as Snake jumped in the air and dropped kick Junior in face. Junior went flying across the field. He manages to get to his feet.

“Now die brat!” Snake yelled as he charged at Junior. He pulled out another dagger. Once he got into striking position is when Junior mind started to analyze the situation. Within the three seconds it took for Snake to swing his blade, Junior had already thought of a 100 different outcome and came up with the one that would have the least damage and harm to him. He took his left hand a block snakes attack. Snake dagger broke as Junior delivered a mean left uppercut. Snake fell squarely on his back as his eyes rolled in the back of his head. Junior stood above his motionless body for a second to make sure he was out. Once that was confirmed Junior made his way to his dad.

“Dad!” Junior yelled running at full speed to his father.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes son I am fine.” Kenneth said as he pulled the dagger out his arm. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah dad, I mean I received a little damage to my hand but the poison doesn’t affect metal.

“That’s good you okay.” Kenneth smiled. He then winced in pain as he grabbed his shoulder.

“Dad!” Junior yelled out when the words look out flashed in front of his eyes. He turned and seen Snake running towards them with a Desert Eagle .50 caliber pointed at his dad. Without hesitation Junior put his body in front of his father.

“No!” Kenneth yelled.

“No Die!” Snake smiled at he fired the Desert Eagle .50 caliber. He shot a few times as the bullets put holes all through Junior body. Junior body then hit the ground as blood flowed from his mouth. Kenneth eyes filled with tears now rest solely on Snake.

Kenneth snatched the dagger out his arm, as Snake dropped the desert eagle and pulled out another dagger. “Die!” He yelled as cocked back and threw the dagger

“You first!” Kenneth said back throwing his dagger.

Kenneth dagger was able to hit Snake in his leg. Blood spilled out of snake’s leg as he hit the ground. Snake’s Dagger however hit Kenneth right in the heart. He coughed up blood as he fell back. “Damn it.” Kenneth said looking over to his son.

“Junior get up. Get up Junior. You have to live. Live Junior live.” His father said repeatedly as he crawled to his son. Dagger still in his chest as he continuously coughed up blood. He was in extreme pain with every second he crawled to his son. He finally reached him and put his ear to his chest.

“Du-doop, du-doop.” Junior heart sung quietly. Tears filled Kenneth eyes. “Yes bae, our boy will change this world. My only regret is that we will not be here to see it.” Kenneth cried to the heavens. He then picked up his son and started to make his way to the bayou.

“Hey where the hell do you think you going?” Snake asked.

Kenneth did not answer as he continued to truck towards the bayou. Snake pulled the dagger out his leg and threw it. It hit Kenneth in his lower back and Kenneth winced in pain but did not fall as he forced himself to keep going.

“He will make it. He will make it. He will make it.” Kenneth kept repeating to himself as another dagger hit him in his back and then another. Kenneth gave off a small cry as he groaned and moan, but never fell.

“He will make it. He will make it. He will make it.” Kenneth now screaming announced willing himself to the water.

Snake battle to his feet as he threw another dagger. It hit Kenneth dead center in his back and that blow knocked Kenneth off his feet as he fell into the bayou with Junior. Snake began to walk over there to finish the job but was stopped by the pain he felt in his leg.

“Damn! This poison is to powerful I have to treat it now.” Snake sat down and got on the phone.

“Boss, Kenneth Steeles is dead but I think that brat is still alive and yes I lost the arms. But don’t worry sir. I will come back to the hideout and put a team together to get those arms.”

Junior eyes finally open as he heard a soft moan in the corner over his head He could hear the busy cars go up and down the street.

“So you finally woke huh?” Kenneth Steeles laughed. He coughed up blood.

“Dad!” Junior yelled as he moved quickly over to his father.

Kenneth Steeles was dying as blood was running from every whole in his body.

Barely breathing he took his hand and touched his son face. He then smiled. “Your grandfather was right……you might be Jesus himself reborn, and I am glad that our father in heaven allowed me enough time to see you one more time. Son I lo-” Kenneth Steeles stopped breathing as his hand fell from his son face. He died with a smile on his face.

Dad! Dad! Please don’t go, please!” Junior cried over his father’s dead corps. After a couple of days Junior finally could not cry no more. He noticed a something in his father’s hand. It was a picture of him, his father and his mother. On the back it had an address on the back. Tears began to fill his eyes once more as he clinched a necklace around his neck. The necklace read cherry, and it had a mouth biting a Cherry. His crying quickly stopped though as he heard footsteps coming up to the apartment door. He then ran toward the window and crashed out of it. He landed on the balcony as bullets came out flying out behind him. He then ran and jumped off the balcony and crashed through a lower roof canopy.

“And that’s how I ended up here.” Junior explained. He then showed Mr. Briggs the photo he took from his father’s hand. On the back was his address.

Mr. Briggs looked at Junior with heart felt eyes.

“Oh you poor thing, don’t worry me and Kamerian will protect you.” Mrs. Briggs said as she embraces Junior.

“She right son. We will keep you safe in honor of your mother and father.” Mr. Briggs said.

Tears filled Junior's eyes as he for the first time in a long time felt safe.

“Damn it we need to find those arms.” A dark and grizzly deep voice said.

“Don’t worry boss, the scouts are out there looking now. In fact I am willing to bet they will be coming through that door any second.” Snake answered back.

“For your sake Snake they better. I have grown impatient with you incompetence as you have not lost those arms once or twice, but three times.”

“Ahh come on boss, those was minor hiccups. This time I have a full scale plan.” Snake smiled as he closed his eyes. That’s when the doors swung open.

“Boss we have located the arms.”

“Great, where?”

“Well um……”

“Well spit it out you common foot solider.” Snake demanded.

“It’s on the eastern side of Huston.”

You heard a chair fall over as a figure came to light. It was a chubby white Italian man.

“Okay so what?” Snake asked.

“So what? Do you not know about the east side?” The Italian man asked.

“Well yeah it’s owned by the gang we are beefing with, Blackout Mob.”

“Exactly. Now tell me how the fuck do we go get those arms? Knowing Dagger Worth he’s already made a move to go get those arms. With those arms and Lala fox design of ‘God’s hand’ Dagger worth will become a real god himself. God I hate that bitch. She portrayed me for that punkass Nigger!” The Italian man yelled angrily. He picked up his a bottle of Jack Daniel’s and threw it across the room. It smashed into the wall as the liquor slowly ran down the wall.

“Boss, relax. I got this. LaToya is smart, this is true but to beat an elite like her you need an elite. And did you forget that I was an elite?” Snake smiled.

“No I didn’t. Remember that is why I had all five of ya’ll working for me. You, Kenneth, LaToya, Kamerian, and Darren. But two of them where snakes, while the other two grew a conscious. ‘We should make this. The armheart and God’s hand are weapons of mass destruction and should not be brought to life.’ I hated Kenneth the most though because he was a nerd who knew how to fight.”

“Well boss you don’t have to worry about of him no more. He is how you Italians like to say, sleeping with the fishes.”

“You right, but what are your plans for Kamerian? True he wasn’t as gifted with fighting like the rest of you all was but he was by far the best strategist I had. I am sure, if that kid is on the east side he went where Kamerian is and I know Kamerian has already thought of several counter measures for us.”

“Great strangest he is but do you really think he is the best?” Snake hissed.

“What do you mean snake?” The Italian asked.

“Well you remember those two who portrayed you?”

“Yeah Lala Fox, and Darren.”

“Well what if I told you Darren is a freelancer killer now. A hitman if you will and I have his number.”

“Can he be trusted?”

“Trusted? Fuck no. But he will get the job done and once he does that I will kill him myself.”

4 and ½ weeks later……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Junior stood in the forest blind folded. He slid his right foot out just a tad bit before stopping on a plank launching an apple in the air. He took off running at full speed, when two arrows shot at him. He slid on his knees to dodge the arrows. He quickly got up and drew his blade. Cutting exactly 5 baseballs in half that shot at him from every direction. Afterwards he threw his knife strait up. It pierced the center of the apple and landed on a red strip on a tree branch. He took off his blind fold and breathed heavy.

“Wow!” Amy yelled out as her and Jacob ran across the field to him. He smiled at the two kids who looked at him with amaze.

“Can you teach me that?” Jacob asked.

He went around and looked at the tree where his knife was. His mind then began to analyze for all possibilities to get the knife down. He finally came up with and answer when he notice the distance between the tree he wanted to climb and a tree nearby.

“It’s only 10 meters here, this will be easy. It should only take me about 10 jumps back and forth.” Junior was about to start when he felt Jacob grab his hand.

“Kenneth you never gave me an answer.” Jacob pleaded.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I can teach you, but you will have to ask ma first.” Junior answered back. He smiled once more as he thought to himself, “Ma…It’s been a while since I had the courage to utter those words. Please if you can hear me up there in heaven I hope you and dad aren’t mad at me. I want you two to know there will never be anyone who can take you two place in my heart. I love you two so much and that will never change. I love both of you, just like I love the Briggs now. They have given me a home and have looked out for me since I came. Tell dad that Mr. Briggs shared an awful lot about him and my father’s pass with me. I do not think dad would mind because from the stories I heard him and Briggs where best friends. So mom please do not be jealous of Mrs. Briggs because I now call her ma, because even though she has earned that title there will always only be one cherry kiss that makes me fill special. I love you ma.”

He then jumped from tree to tree until he reached the branch where his knife was implanted in. He yanked it out and bit into the apple. The juices ran out of it and filled his mouth. He was sitting there enjoying his apple when he stopped all of a sudden. He Jumped out of the tree and stared into the cold darkness of the forest. He was seeing red squares everywhere.

“So 15 coming from the west, and another 12 coming from the east.” Junior thought to himself as he gripped the handle of his knife tight.

“Hey, Kenneth are you fine?” Amy asked as she touched Junior's hand. Junior quickly snapped back into reality as he smiled.

“Why, yes Amy baby I am fine. Hey Jacob will do me a favor.”

“Um, sure Kenneth what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to run Amy back to the house.”

“Aww…… but Kenneth I want to stay out here with you.” Jacob wined. “Why can’t Amy go back by herself?”

“Because I need you to go back and tell your father a secret code, and I am afraid Amy might not remember it all.

“Hey I can so remember a secret code!” Amy pouted.

Junior just smiled. “Hey I bet you can remember the code better than Jacob anyway. How old are you now, five right?"

“Yep I will be 6 next week.”

“Yep the perfect age for remembering secret codes but I just got Jacob going with you so that the code will get there correct. You see, one person at the age of 6 is good at delivering codes but a 6 year old and a 9 year old together is perfect for delivering a super-secret of secrets.”

“Wow, there’s a super secrets of secrets?”

“Yep and the only way to give you the code is to give it to Jacob two. SO Jacob, you will help me out buddy?”

Jacob hesitated before speaking. “Yeah, Kenneth I will.

“Okay you two hurry and tell your father that our friend Ms. Jasmine Cartel has sent us a slithering snake in the middle of winter.”

“Wow that is a really crazy code.” Jacob said as he scratched his head.

“Well of course it is. It is a super-secret of secret codes right Kenneth?” Amy asked with wide eyes.

“Yes pumpkin you are right. Now hurry and tell your dad okay?”

“Okay!” Jacob and Amy sang as they took off towards the house. The minute they were out of sight Junior smile quickly faded and he made his way deeper into the forest.

Amy and Jacob finally got to their house. 15 minutes had elapsed before they had arrived.

“Daddy, daddy, daddy!” Amy screamed as she ran and leaped into the arms of Mr. Briggs,

“Yes, what is it my princess.” Mr. Briggs chuckled.

“I have a super-secret of secret codes for you.”

“Oh yeah what is it?”

“Uh…….Um………”

“Oh bloody Mary Amy! You forgot the code already.” Jacob said windily. He was trying to catch his breathe.

“Shut up Jacob, I bet you forgot too!” Amy fussed.

“What is going on out here?” Mrs. Briggs asked as she came out the house.

“Jacob is being mean to me. He trying to say I do not remember the super-secret of secret codes.”

“Well baby tell daddy what the code is.” Mr. Briggs smiled.

“Well I forgot it now.” Amy said sadly.

“See!” Jacob protested.

“Leave me alone!” Amy said as she stuck her tongue out.

“Hey you two stop it now.” Mr. Briggs snapped.

The two of them stopped immediately.

“Now Jacob since she forgot maybe you remember the code?”

“Well I did dad, until we got the fussing. She made me forget.”

“I did not you just a big dumb, dummy head.” Amy said as she stuck her tongue out at Jacob.

“Children?!” Mrs. Briggs scolded. Both Jacob and Amy looked at each other with sad eyes before apologizing to each other.

“Do you two remember anything about the code?” Mr. Briggs asked.

“Well I remember who told us daddy.” Amy admitted.

“Okay baby who?”

“It was Kenneth.”

“Kenneth?”

“Yeah dad, it was Kenneth, and I think he said something about ya’ll friend.” Jacob inserted.

“Our friend?”

“Yeah her name was Jackie, Jamie, Joslin Carter maybe?”

“Huh?” Mr. Briggs asked with a puzzling face.

“Yea daddy and she have a snake that slithers in the winter.” Amy commented forcing her way back into the conversation.

“Well that’s an odd code.” Mrs. Briggs said.

“Yea, I said the same thing ma.” Jacob answered back.

“Yes, I can see why you children had a hard time with this code. Love do you have any idea wh-” Mrs. Briggs started but stopped as she looked at her husband. His face began to look like it lost color and life started to slip from him.

“Kamerian? Kamerian!” Mrs. Briggs yelled as she went over to her husband. She touched him and snapped back to reality.

“Margret, You and the kids come quick.” Mr. Briggs said as he grabbed Margret hand. He picked Amy up and told Jacob to come on.

He put them all in a room as he grabbed his Accuracy International AWM. He then grabbed the twelve gage and put it in Mrs. Briggs, hand.

“Bae if anyone comes thru this door shoot.” Mr. Briggs said as he kissed Mrs. Briggs forehead. His eyes where filled with tears and Mrs. Briggs hand could not stop trembling.

“Kamerian?” She whisper, but he no longer looked at his wife as his eyes landed on his kids.

“Daddy love ya’ll remember that.” He said. Both Amy and Jacob nodded as Mr. Briggs took a deep breath. He knew that this might have been his last. He then ran out the door and slammed it shut.

Meanwhile back deep within the forest…………………………………

Junior was standing there looking around. He then closed his eyes and thought, 4 of them coming at three o’clock and another 2 coming from nine o’clock. There is also 1 at 12 o’clock. He is the closet he will be hear in three two……”Bang!” A single gunshot sounded.

“What the hell where did he go?” One of Jasmine Cartel Henchman asked.

“You miss.” Junior voice sang. The Henchman looked down to see Junior but it was too late. Junior had taken his knife and stabbed the Henchman in his stomach and then cut up. The blood spilled out of the Henchman’s body and the Henchman began to fall back as Junior quickly moved and took his gun while dodging shots that was fired at him.

Junior shot once. “OOf!” A Henchman said as his body hit the ground. Junior then ran to the right and slid on his knees as another Henchman shot at him. He missed Junior but took out the other Henchman. That was behind Junior. Junior then stabbed the Henchman that was shooting at him in the leg.

“Ahh!!!” The Henchman yelled as Junior got up. Junior then hit the henchman in the face with the butt of the gun. He then shot the other two Henchmen that were behind this henchman. After that he shot that henchman in the face and turned to the last Henchman who was tremble and shaking with the gun in his hand.

“You have seen what I could do. You should just put down the gun and leave.”

The Henchman was a young boy probably just a little older than Jacob. Junior took a step forward and the henchman grabbed the gun with two hands.

“Hey what’s your name kid?” Junior asked with his hands up. The henchman did not answer.

Junior took another step forward. The henchman’s eyes got wide as his hand began to tremble real badly. “Put down the gun.” Junior repeated.

“Bang!” a gun sounded. Blood splatter everywhere. Junior eyes became wide as he watch the child’s body hit the ground.

“Well that was fun.” A voice said from the west.

Tears filled Junior eyes as he bald up his fist. He then felt a gun to his head.

“He was just a child.”

“No he was a punkass henchman my boss hired. Trust me; I did us both a favor. You didn’t want to shoot the kid, and I couldn’t look at his scared face no more. See now we both are good.” The voice said as the gun made a click sound.

“You know that guns cannot harm me.”

“Yeah, I know. It got something to do with those arms of yours. However I wonder if I give you point blank range shots though how fast will your body be able to recover? Doesn’t that sound like some fun?”

Junior then turned and swung, but the person behind him was able to jump back and dodge his punch. It was snake and he had the most evilest smile on his face.

Junior then went to charge snake. Snake with his smile just looked at the charging Junior. He then shot once.

Junior moved quickly thinking he dodge the bullet when blood shot from out his leg.

“What the…” Junior thought as he hit the ground holding his leg. He was in pain for a few seconds before his leg began to heal.

“Oh good, so I have a couple minutes to explain to you what just happen.” Snake smiled as he watched Junior’s leg heal itself.

“Now I know you are ordering how on earth I was able to still shoot you in your leg when your eye’s clearly said I was aiming for you shoulder. Junior face lit up. “He knows how my eyes work?”

“From the look on your face I can see you are shocked to hear, that I know how your eyes work.” Snake said as he grabbed a dead rat out his pocket. He bit into its flesh and swallowed it. “Oh shoot where is my manners, want some dead rat?

Junior did not answer.

“Hmm suit yourself but you missing out.” Snake then swallowed the rat whole.

Junior looked at him with such disgust. After a few seconds though Junior had registered in his mind the Snake didn’t bite the rat again. In fact his jaw looked like it disconnected so he could open it wider and swallow the rat whole.

“What are you?” Junior asked.

Snake was licking his fingers, before acknowledging that Junior had spoken to him.

“Hmm?” Snake hummed as he savored the taste of the dead rat.

“What the hell are you?” Junior growled.

“Oh well to simply put it I am the same as you.”

“Same as me?”

“Well sort of…………I guess that’s not exactly accurate, see you are more like the diluted version of my race. “

Junior looked at snake with a confused stare.

“Well let me explain. You see I was artificially made in lab. Me and four other being that are nothing like in this world. You are still young so I do not expect to you to know but many years ago there was a great terrorist that went by the name Osama bin Laden. A lot of American think he was killed for terrorist act caused against the U.S. but that’s not the true case.”

Junior leg was fully healed now, but did not stand up yet, he didn’t even take his hand off his leg. He didn’t want snake to know that he was back at a 100%. He figured this gives him an advantage over snake.

“So why was Bin Laden really killed for?” Junior asked.

“Well I am glad you asked that. Not a lot of people care for the info like this but I can see you are like a sponge. You just want to suck up all this information.” Snake chuckled. “Well you ready? Okay, so Osama was killed for two reasons. The first reason was because he pissed the United States off.”

“Right, because he attacked us.”

“Wrong! 9/11 was a sham. I mean yes Osama did orchestrate that attack, but that was a warning to the United States to back off, so he could complete the second reason why he was killed.”

Junior just looked and listened.

“See the second reason they killed him was because Osama wanted to rule the world and had the fire power to do it, which brings us back to the first reason why the U.S. wanted to kill him.”

There was a still silence before Junior broke it. “Okay, and?”

“And what kid?”

“You never said what the first reason was the U.S. wanted him dead.”

“Yes I did.”

“No you didn’t.”

“I didn’t? I thought I did…… You sure you weren’t just paying attention?

Junior started to grind his teeth.

“Hey kid come down, I was just making fun, Jesus Christ. Now, the first reason is simple. He stole some very precious information from NASA.”

“Info from NASA?”

“Yep see kid, apparently NASA was making four super humans. The super humans were supposed to put the United States at the top of the power scale and all nations would fall under its rule, but Osama got a whiff of this plan and decided that he wanted to be king of the world. Which label him as a terrorist. After that, history is as follows Osama is killed and the world is saved, at least until Terraeagle found Osama hidden lab in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.”

“How they find it?”

“Well you see before Osama was found he put out a video message that was on the interment for a whole day. He made a riddle challenging any true king to step up and figure it out. The leader of Terraeagle was able to decipher it in a weeks’ time. Little did he know what would happen next. Him and his followers all flooded the secrete lab. The began to poke around and look around till one day they hit a button and out the ground a skin like suit came up. On the label it said snake skin. They looked round and seen that it just looked like human skin without a skeleton. Fascinated with their discovery they began to look even harder. They manage to find 3 hard drives in a case. Each one had a different name on it. The names where Osama, Adolf, and Napoleon. They uploaded the Osama hard drive. It spoke to them and explained what they needed to do. They did as they was told and uploaded all three hard drives to the snake skin. It began to transform and began to breathe. Two days afterwards it learned to speak and walk.”

Snake stopped his explanation.

“Well I am not dumb; I know you are the snake skin creature you are talking about.”

“Oh okay, just had to stop to make sure you was still following me. So after I decided that I know longer need them, I killed them all and went to go get the rest of my team. Now I shall introduce them each to you. First you have you father. Which was nothing but baboon aggression infused with sperm from Muhammad Ali. By time I got there, which was 5years later your father was a full grown man inside a giant test tube. I gave his eyes and investment to. It allows him to see how many people mean harm to him. I believe you are the same. You see a little red triangle around my body right? However that kid that I shot didn’t have a red triangle around his body, which is why you wanted to talk him into putting the gun down. You knew he wasn’t going to shoot.”

“And so did you so why did you shoot?”

“Well you see I hate non aggressive mother fuckers. I have no need for them on my team.” Snake said as he swung his hand back and forth in front of his face. Junior gripped the grass underneath his other hand. He could not believe what he heard and without thinking he, charged at snake. He moved quickly as he redrew his knife. He went to stab snake when snake bent his body sideways. Junior looked back as he seen a smiling Snake who took his right hand and wrapped it around his entire body. Snake shot and Junior thought that Snake was aiming for his back, so he moved his body so that the bullet would miss or so he thought.

“Ahh!” Junior screeched as blood flowed from the same leg the first bullet hit. Junior fell down holding his leg.

“Hmm, I guess I should have explained to you my abilities when I told you back story.” Snake said as he rubbed his chin. “Well you see my name isn’t general Snake for no reason. Your dad ability just as yours is enhanced eyes. Like I explained you two can see humans who mean to harm ya’ll, as well as able to read body movements and body language far better than any human or animal could ever do. Some people use to think your father could predict the future because of this ability, but honestly he couldn’t. However I did give his unique eyes a name. There called Cleo’s eyes. However I can beat Cleo’s eyes because I understand how they work. Plus my ability to be able to bend without any penalty on my body gives me an extra advantage. You see my ability is not physically seen. My ability rest in my bones. You see my bones are like a snakes. I do not have a back bone just many vertebrates. This allows me to bend and turn in many directions.” Snake finished explaining as his body began to go back to its original state.

Junior sat up and just looked at Snake. “How do I beat a man who not only knows my flaws but also can do weird shit with his body? If he was a human it would be able to predict his movements easily, Hell predicting a snake movement is way easier than this, but his movement, it would start off as human movements but right when I go strike or move, he switches his movements, which makes my eyes lie to me, which explains why no matter how much I read or see the attacks coming I cannot dodge the attacks.”

“I see you are starting to understand that you cannot beat me, good you should really stop trying, I was getting tired of beating you up. Now where was I…… ah yes I was about to tell you about Kamerian. He was our strategist. He is the only one not made in the lab. He is the closest things to human beings in the elite race. Well technically I guess you and his kids are now. But he is the next thing closest to humans. He is actually just an upgraded human now that I think about. You see Kamerian was the best damn chest player on earth. He was 15 when that was declared and two years later, he stopped Y2K from happening. And yes Y2K was real. NASA had no idea how to stop it from happening, but this 17 year old boy knew how to. He devised a strategy that beat the super computer. The smartest thing in world, the thing that not even NASA could beat was beaten by a young little boy. NASA began to praise the boy, as everyone was claiming he was the next Einstein. Crazy if you ask me. I mean this kid grade was barely passing, his IQ test show he was below average……I mean very below. His score was 55. Mhm, not good. SO NASA asked the kid how did he know his idea was going to stop Y2K... and do you know what th kid said, ‘I didn’t, I just looked at the situation and used the strategy I felt was best.” NASA could not wrap all its scientific minds around it. So the chalked it up as luck and scrapped the idea of using Kamerian DNA to make a super soldier. However Bin, ol’ good Bin seen the kids potential, or castrated his capture and forced him to go through a series of test. First he force him to lead mice threw a maze. At first the kid was pretty good. Out of five rats only one died. Osama figure out of every five soldiers only one death was pretty good odds, so then he allowed the kid to lead dogs threw a maze, and amazingly the kid did even better the worst thing that happen was a dog lost a leg. Then he led humans, and guess what………No causalities, awesome just perfect. After his train Bin knocked him out and put him inside a chronic time chamber, the same thing your father was in so that they can continue to grow over time. His memory was erased and replace with new ones so he it would be easier to control him. I then enhanced his thinking speed. I know you may be thinking what does that do right, well this kid can come up with 5 different seniors on the fly, and this was without my enhancements” Snake chuckled, “with it……try a 100x more than that. 500 different outcomes, 500 different ways a scenario can end……I mean this kid was perfect, well until of course he double cross me. Now I want to kill him. Now After him I only created one more being. She is, beside myself that is truly not of human race. We were artificially made from a computer. This made her far more dangerous than the other two. She was originally a computer program that Bin Laden had design for NASA, to spy on NASA.

Junior was in pain and happened to give off a small grunt.

“What was that? A grunt from confusion? Well let me explain. You see Bin Laden worked with NASA from time to time, really after heard that they were making super soldiers, and the government didn’t really think anything of it when he said he developed software that could help speed up the process of the super humans. Once I was awoken and I found Kamerian and Kenneth I got the thinking. How was the snake skin still intact without Deterioration as well as taking care of Kamerian and Kenneth and we were thousands of miles apart. So I did a little snooping when I notice a laptop. It was Dell Inspiron 8600. Now I know you like and? Well check this it was the same one at the hideout where the snake skin was and was running the same program. I looked around and didn’t find anyone. Not one soul. So how is this possible? It was cause of her. The computer program that Bin Laden had created. Crazy right. She finally contacted me and told me about a super storm was about to hit our location. She directed me on what to do and so I did. Once the storm struck a surge of lighting shot from out the Laptop screen. And then from the lighting began to create a fine, beautiful being. She was so sexy, and I asked did Bin Laden make like this? Of course I knew it was yes, I do have his memories and mind downloaded into my mind. Anyway she was far more dangerous than the other two, because she was smart. Before she emerged from the computer she had already downloaded and learned Tai chi. she already downloaded and learned all of our weaknesses and she was just so fine, damn. I never thought about that but it was smart for her to come out the way Bin envision her. Had not just me but Kamerian and Kenneth eating out her hand. Ah, good ol’ days when it they elite five. I miss them days. Well I guess it’s time to take you back kid.”

“No wait.” Junior pleaded.

“Why?” Snake asked

“Well you said it was five of you, but I only counted four. So who was the fifth was he like my father and Kamerian……made from human DNA?” Junior desperately asked as he tried his best to by himself time.

“Oh, well you can say that he was in a way.” Snake said as he picked Junior up.

“Ouch, ouch, ouch. Hold up. Sort of? I mean what does that mean. You went into detail about you guys but no details on this cat, why?”

“Look kid some creatures should never be brought up, and he is one of them. But I guess I should tell you about him since he will be here in a few to come help me escort you back to the Jasmine Cartel. Okay the fifth elite human, is actually Frankenstein.

“What? I thought Frankenstein wasn’t real.”

“Well the monster that Hollywood created isn’t real but the concept they had wasn’t really that hard to understand. So after me and the other three teamed up with the Jasmine Cartel, we ran into a slight problem. You see we were hired to kill a being that lived up to the hype of his name. We were hired to kill the Texan Reaper.

“The Texan Reaper??? Pssh.” Junior began to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Snake asked.

“First you tell me this story about a real life Frankenstein and now you are telling me that the Texan Reaper is real?”

“He is kicked our ass the first time that’s why La La created Daren. To think such a sexy creature could create a monster of that much destructive force. She made Daren from dead corps body parts so he can not feel pain. She also allowed him to learn Gatka. He is today still the best swordsman I ever laid eyes on. He has five hearts, which makes him faster and stronger than anything in this world. The perfect killing machine, we created. Almost make me sad that he was able to learn to speak and think on his own. Once that happen, he knew we could not stop him and he walked out of our lives. I would read about him from time to time and laugh. Fools, they cannot stop such a being like Daren. Hell he killed and entire gang with nothing but his sword…hey I wonder if that Head wolf guy gave Daren a run for his money. From my understanding Daren trained him and some other guy, the one who got killed by a snake using mother fucker, no puns please. His whole reason of training those two was so they could give him the fight of his life. I guess I will ask him once he get here.” Snake looked down at his watch.

“Okay kid time to go. Now walk.”

“How? You shot me in the leg.”

Snake smacked his lips. “You think I’m dumb? Your leg had been healed. I stopped smelling your blood in the middle of the story about Daren.

“So he can also smell blood. Which is another reason why I probably wasn’t able to do the sneak attack successfully the first time. He already knew my leg was healed.” Junior thought.

“Kid walk, now.”

Junior began to walk when he seen a light he looked up and seen Mr. Briggs behind a tree. He seen him holding a rifle and that’s when Junior knew that he need to give Mr. Briggs a clear shot. So Junior swallowed hard as he turned and lunged at Snake.

Snake dodged his lunge with ease. “Like I said kid, you can’t-”

“Swww-pow!” The riffle sounded threw the forest’s sound barrier like time does though the fabric of life. The bullet ripped through Snake’s flesh as Junior had hit the ground. Snake face lit up as he was in extreme pain he pulled his gun out but before he could get off a shot another bullet ripped through his skull as he hit the ground. Blood poured out his head at 60 miles an hour.

Junior got up and looked at snake motionless body.

“You good?” Mr. Briggs asked.

“Yeah, but how’d you find us?”

“Well I sat there for a moment, and thought of different routes back to Jasmine Cartel side of town. All routes run pass Daggers Worth’s black mob gang except the trail me and Margret took when I was on the run from the Cartel.”

Junior just looked at him with amazement.

“We need to move now though, so we can go grab the kids and Margret.” Junior and Mr. Briggs took off running towards the house.

When they arrived in front of the house, Mr. Briggs and Junior had seen Mrs. Briggs and the kids where outside in the yard, bound and gagged.

“Baby!” Mr. Briggs panicked as he ran towards his wife and kids. That’s when Junior seen a red triangle coming out the sky.

“Watch out Mr. Briggs!” Junior yelled as he ran over and grabbed Mr. Briggs.

He pulled him back just as the Katana grazed his face. Blood fell from Mr. Briggs face as he gazed upon the man who cut him.

“No, why is he here?” Mr. Briggs mumbled as he looked at that man. He stood straight up and looked at Mr. Briggs and smiled.

“Well hello, Kamerian. It’s been a while hasn’t it?”

“Who is this?” Junior thought as he looked at the man. He was a blonde hair, blue eye man. He had on a grey tank top with black cargo pants. He didn’t have any facial hair and was about 5’10 to 6 feet.

“Daren,” Kamerian said as he stood up.

“Why are you here?”

“Why else, money of course and to see if the rumor was true.”

“What rumor?”

“That the only way for an elite to die is for another elite to kill him or her. If so then y’all are the only people who can give me a true challenge.

“Daren I do not want to fight you.”

“Aww why not? You killed snake so easily, come on, don’t you want a real fight?”

“I think I will pass.”

“Oh?” Daren asked as he grabbed Mrs. Briggs by her hair. She grunted in pain and started to hyperventilate.

“Hey, stop that!” Mr. Briggs commanded.

“Ooo, I wonder if I do this will he want to fight.” Daren smiled as he stuck his hand down Mrs. Briggs shirt. She wiggled and tried her best to get away but once she realized she couldn’t get away tears began to run down her face.

“So how bout it Kamerian? You ready to fight yet?”

Mr. Briggs gripped his gun tightly.

In that same second Junior was in front of Daren as he swung his knife.

Daren blocked Junior’s attack and looked at him, "metal arms, short, brown skin, got some wait to him……you must be my target, Kenneth Steels son."

Junior eyes looked the guy over and began to analyze him.

“Okay just applying a little more pressure will make this guy loose his blade.” Junior thought as his arms gave him the force he need as his eyes related to his brain.

But Daren did not lose his blade and his strength change as Junior eyes tried to correct what it had sent to the brain.

“What his strength changed but how?” Junior thought.

“You’re strong, but not stronger than me.”

Daren then parried Junior with so much power junior came off his feet. In a blink of an eye Daren was in front of Junior.

“Damn he is fast too.”

Daren was about to stab Junior when, “Sww-pow!” A sniper bullet sang as it shot pass Junior. Daren block the bullet with is sword and junior landed flat on his back.

“Hey you really want to see if you are good enough to kill me, well come on Daren lets go.” Mr. Briggs said as he shot the riffle once more. But like the last time Daren just took his sword and blocked the shot.

“Junior get yourself and my family out of here.” Mr. Briggs said as he took another shot at Daren who just block his attack.

Junior sat frozen in fear. His heart pounding as he realized that he was supposed to be dead.

Daren looked at the scared Junior before speaking. “Well I do have a job to do, and I like getting paid……but then again I love a challenge. Decisions, decisions, decisions……choices are always hard to make.” He then directed a question to Junior.

“So kid, which should I do?”

Junior did no answer as he was still in shock. Daren just smiled and said right now you are no fun so I will give you time to get yourself together while I go play with Kamerian okay?” Daren then began to walk towards Kamerian direction and for a while Junior sat there scared.

“Son….son………son.” A voice kept echoing in Juniors mind As the world that Junior was in quickly vanish. He was floating in darkness until a light came on. His eyes got wide as tears ran down his face.

“Mom, dad?” Junior mumbled as he looked at his parents.

“Yes baby.” We hear his mother said as tears fell from her face. She and Junior ran to each other as she squeezed Junior with so much love.

“My son, I need you to be strong.” Kenneth Steeles said as he put his right hand on his son shoulder.

“But dad I don’t know-”

“No. You do know son. God blessed me with you. He blessed your mother with your life. He blessed the world with your life. Your grandfather believes you are Jesus reborn to this world, and to be honest I believe him to, and so do your mother. I believe only you can stop Daren. If you don’t, not just Texas, but the whole world will be in golfed by hell. Please son, do what you are destine to do. Save lives.”

“But dad….” Junior sobbed. “I could save you or mom. How do I save others?”

“Baby that is simple.” Junior’s mother answered as she smiled.

“You are a Steeles.” Kenneth Steeles said as he gave his son a thumb's up.

He then stretched his hand out to his wife. She kissed Junior on his forehead before taking her husband’s hand.

“Time to go.” She said as tears began to run down her face.

“Wait, mom. Dad.” Junior said as he stretched out them.

“We will be watching you from heaven son. So make me proud, like I knew you were always destine to do.”

Junior parents then walked into the blackness until their souls disappeared.

Once the souls disappeared Junior came back to reality. He sniffled a couple of times before he looked down and seen the knife his father gave him.

“Okay dad, watch me I swear I will make you proud.”

He quickly moved and cut Mrs. Briggs and the kids free.

“Okay you all go and get out of here.”

“But what about Kamerian?” Mrs. Briggs cried.

“I am going to get him you all just go now.”

Junior then took off towards Mr. Briggs and Daren.

“Sww-pow!” The Sniper sang. Daren had exactly three bullets holes in his body. One in his throat and two in his chest.

“Okay I know I puncture two of his hearts. But as far as the other three goes. Shit is like finding a needle in haystack.” Mr. Briggs thought to himself.

Daren smiled and took off as he swung his blade. Mr. Briggs dodged the blade as he then kicked his sniper up. It soared up in the air and stayed there for a long time. Daren went to stab at Mr. Briggs. Mr. Briggs dodged once more but was cut on his face as he rolled out the way and caught the gun. He went to aim and as he drew out another bullet Daren was right there.

“Damn, he still can move at that speed.” Mr. Briggs thought.

“What, you think I didn’t know what your strategy was? You have gotten sloppy Kamerian. Getting married and raising a family must have made your ability to think on your feet a lot slower.” Darren said as he began to come down with his blade. Junior came out of nowhere though and grabbed Darren.

“Shoot now Mr. Briggs!” Junior yelled as he Darren still.

Without hesitation Mr. Briggs took the Shot.

“Sww-pow!” The sniper once more sang as both Darren and Junior fell to the ground.

Mr. Briggs dropped the sniper and ran over to junior and Darren.

“Junior. Junior. Junior. Speak to me come on kid don’t you die on me.”

Junior coughed up some blood before taking a deep breath.

“Agh!” He yelled as the hole in the middle of his chest began to heal.

Mr. Briggs began to cry as he held Junior.

“What the hell were you thinking? Putting yourself in danger like that?”

“I was thinking that it wasn’t going to hurt as bad. Damn it feel like someone took a hot rock and sat it on my back and watched it burn threw.”

Mr. Briggs just laughed with his eyes closed. “Thank you.” He said as he squeezed Junior with affection.

The word danger flashed across Junior’s eyes but before he could react he felt Mr. Briggs pushing him across the snowy plain. He rolled a couple of times before he finally stopped. He looked up just in time to see Daren sword puncture Mr. Briggs chess.

“”NO!” Junior yelled as he looked across the snowy field. He looked at Darren who stood there only for a moment before he began to walk towards the dying Mr. Briggs.

Junior quickly battled to his feet and charged Darren. He drew his knife and began attacking with everything he had, but no matter what he could not strike Darren who was barely paying him any attention. Darren dodged very stab attempt, every slash attempt, and every other attempt Junior tried.

He finally reached Mr. Briggs and without even thinking he ripped the sword out of his chest.

“Agh!” Mr. Briggs moan as blood flooded from his mouth.

Junior eyes just got big as anger truly took over his mind and body.

“Now we can fight.” Darren said with a smile.

“AHHH!” Junior screamed as he charged at Darren.

He and Darren Traded blows time and time again. Junior was fighting with all he had, but Darren was barely taking this fight seriously and yet Junior was the only one who was taking damage.

“Well this is sad. You are the son of Kenneth right? So why are you fighting like you the son of Mohandas Gandhi?”

“Shut up you sack of shit I will kill you!” Junior yelled as he got up, but that’s when blood flooded from his leg. “Ahh! Shit!” He yelled as he grabbed his leg. He looked down in horror and dismay. “But how?” He thought looking at his leg.

“Hmm??? So the arms do have limitations on how many it can heal you.”

Junior just lay in the snow helplessly as Daren walked over a raised the sword. Well there is no need to drag this on any longer.” Daren smiled.

Junior eyes filled with tears as he watched the blade be risen above his head he closed his eyes and awaited the final blow but it never came, so he open his eyes. He had seen Daren frozen in time. Junior can see why though, there was a man behind him with long dreads.

“Wouldn’t your boss be angry if you kill this kid? Now how the hell do you get paid if he is dead and gone?” The Dread head asked.

“Oh, Kendric it’s you. Where’s your girlfriend? I thought you and he was inseparable.”

Daren then felt cold still on his neck.

“Oh never mind. I found him.”

“I waited a long time to do this.” Sharp Fang claimed.

“Oh yeah how long?” Daren asked.

Sharp Fang grinded his teeth together.

“Any last words?” The Devil Texas beast asked.

“Yeah you two really need to learn how to skip to the killing part, and y'all wonder how I am able to get away. Y’all do too much talking and not enough killing.”

“Oh yeah, well don’t worry about it no more Ima cut yo head clean off your mother fucking neck!” Sharp fang proclaimed as he began to move his blade across Daren’s neck. Daren stopped the blade though after one or two inches and duck and moved as the Devil’s Texan Beast fired his gun. He quickly kicked Sharp Fang and drew his Kanata with a violent swing.

The Devil Texan Beast dodged the attack and tried to counter with a shot. Daren moved quickly dodging a fatal head shot. As he twisted in the snow he went to swing his blade. The Devil’s Texan Beast dodged the blade once more and went to shoot at Daren. Daren grabbed the Devil’s Texan Beast arm and forced him to shoot at the ground. He then swung his blade down like he was going to cut The Devil’s Texan Beast arm off. The Devil’s Texan Beast quickly counter by parrying his attack he then pointed his gun at Daren, who quickly duck under the gun and twisted the Devil’s Texan Beast arm. He forced him to drop one of his guns as he fell to the ground.

Daren was about to stab the Devil’s Texan beast in the head when Sharp fang quickly came over and gave a clean cut to Daren’s right arm. Blood splatter everywhere, as sharp fang went for the kill. However Daren dodge his second attack and began to quickly back pedal away. He took his blade and flicked up the pistol that the Devil’s Texan Beast dropped.

He stopped and met Sharp Fangs Katana with his owns. They traded cuts, both missing each other as the dance, dodged in a small circle. It looked like those two was dancing as they both where looking for an opening the other might leave. Finally Daren landed a direct attack on Sharp Fang. Sharp Fang fell to the ground as blood poured out of him. Daren when to deliver a final blow when a single gunshot hit him in the back. Daren stumbled forward and coughed up some blood before he turned to an exhausted Devil’s Texan Beast. He extended his hand and caught the gun that was in the air. He pointed at the Devil’s Texan Beast.

“Look out!” Junior yelled as he forced himself to jump and tackle The Devil’s Texan Best. The Bullet hit Junior as they hit the ground.

“Kid you ight? Kid talk to me.” The Devil’s Texan beast said as he held Junior in his arms. Junior had blood running out his mouth and tears running down his face. Daren was about to fire once more when police sirens sounded in the back ground.

“Shit.” He said looking at the Devil’s Texan Beast. “Saved by the police again kid. You have the luck in the world, but I found out that if you keep gambling then you will run out of luck. So word of advice to you and you bitch over there. Stop hunting me, because you two won’t always have lady luck here to save you. Daren then fled the scene. The Devil’s Texan Beast then stood up. Sharp fang barely breathing force himself to stand.

“We will get you. That you can bet lady luck’s sweet ass we will.” Sharp fang mumbled as The Devil’s Texan Beast gave off one furious yell to the heavens. 

BluesClues wrote a review...

Okay. First, a suggestion. I copied this into an MS Word document so I could read and review it at work (where there is no Internet), as I usually do, and do you know how long it was?

34 pages.

Wow. I understand this is part of a longer story, but for purposes of YWS—and getting reviews—you might want to consider, in the future, breaking down long chapters or stories into several parts. So if your first chapter was 20 or 30 pages, you might break it down into several posts with names like “chapter 1, part 1/2/3” or “chapter 1.1/1.2/1.3.” I know it costs more points that way, but it’s also likely you’ll end up with a lot more reviews. And what’s the point of spending 250 points on a single long post if no one ever reads it?

Now, the story. This chapter is impossibly fast-paced. Not only is there a lot of rapid-fire dialogue, but the narration also zooms through several events in such a short space of time that I sometimes felt lost. That would be another advantage of breaking this chapter into several shorter parts: it would be easier for readers to keep up with what’s going on.

For example, this part, which by itself is something like seven pages.

“My body?” He thought to himself.
“Ouch dad that hurt!”
“Dad no, please.”
“Fuck did you do to me dad?”
“Hey watch your mouth young man.”
“You are not a freak of nature.”
“What are these?”
“Come on son we need to go.”
(A match was lit.)
“Fuck, its snake.”
“Snake? Dad whose snake?”
Snake dodge the bullets with such ease.
“Are you okay?”
“No!” Kenneth yelled.

So in the space of these seven pages, here’s what happens.

1. Junior’s mother dies after his dad gives him the metal arms.
2. The Jasmine Cartel shows up, but Junior & his dad.
3. Junior trains with his dad.
4. Junior’s dad shoots him.
5. Junior miraculously survives and finds his dad out in the woods.
6. A random bear attacks Junior.
7. Junior escapes the bear, but, angry, confronts his dad at dinner.
8. Someone shoots Junior, but Junior & his dad escape again.
9. Snake attacks Junior & his dad, killing Junior’s dad.
10. Junior escapes and crashes into the Briggs’ house.

Holy crap. That’s a lot. Each of those events could easily take an entire chapter by itself, but instead you squished them all together into one small part of one chapter.

Question: who is the viewpoint character here? I think it’s Junior—in which case, you could start the story sometime during the events listed above and dramatize each one as a scene or chapter. Then, when Junior makes it to the Briggs, you can paraphrase all of it by saying something along the lines of, “Junior explained how he had come to find the Briggs.”

Alternatively, you could have Junior hesitate and not tell the Briggs everything. Why should he? Yes, his father knew Mr. Briggs and sent Junior to him, but how does Junior know he can trust them, really? He’s only just met them. Maybe he doesn’t want to tell them everything right away. Even if you don’t start the story any earlier, you could use this method. Rather than Junior spilling his whole history right up front, we can get bits and pieces of it throughout the course of the story.

Holiday30 says...

Thank you, for your comment, lol I have a rough time with breaking up chapters cuase I try my best to stay on topic, but on the other hand when I first wrote this a couple of years ago this chapter was only like 16 pages my friend told me it was good but not enough details, I didnt give enough on why snake was hunting Junior nor enough on how Junior acquired his arms........so I guess I over did it abit when I went back and re wrote....I will take what you said though and try to shorten and break up the story a little better, thank you again.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:44 am
Mea wrote a review...

Hey there! I thought I'd drop by and give this a review, seeing as it's been sitting for so long in the Green Room.

Two things I'm going to get out of the way:

The bold is honestly kind of annoying. I'm not sure why you chose for it to be bold the entire time. It just makes it harder to read, at least for me. The other thing is that probably most of the reason why this hasn't gotten any reviews is because it's so long. It just makes it hard to read and review if it takes nearly twenty minutes just to read the piece through once. Split it up into parts, and you're much more likely to find readers.

On to the story. The first paragraph really confused me, though I allow that some of it might be because I haven't read previous chapters. Everything felt like it was happening too fast, to the point where I had a hard time following what was happing or caring about what was happening, for that matter. Take your time with the scene. Get close inside the boy's head and let us feel his terror - it'll make the reader sympathize with him a lot more.

After that, it started to make more sense and resemble a story more. However, I noticed throughout that you tend to jump in with a scene too quickly, giving a short paragraph of summary that just feels awkward before starting in with dialogue. Similarly, sometimes your dialogue feels rushed, as if you're hurrying to get through the scene.

I liked how your characters felt very distinct, and your plot is also quite sound.

That's all I've got this time! Good luck, and keep writing!

Holiday30 says...

Honestly, that confuse feel you get at the beginning of the chapter is what I was looking for from most of my readers. the reason why is because the kid with metal arms wasn't introduce until right then....so no it wasnt becuase you didnt read none of the previous chapter, I wanted you to feel how he felt. This kid died along time ago and was brought back, so he is confused as well and that is how how I wanted this chapter to go.....as you stated as you continued to read on the story began to clear it self up, and that's because I wrote so that you as the reader wont know nothing until Junior learned something.....as far as rushed parts of speech and my scene switch, I am still trying to master that. See when I write a story I get pictures in my head of what is going on so when a scene switches in my head I try to make it switch in the story. but thank you for the review.

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content