Home » Literary works » Art » Fanfiction

My Love...

by Gymnast2801

"I just want to be with you my love..."

« « • » »

Time Taken » 2 and 1/2 hours

This scene if of my OC, Darkpaw. He is a medicine cat apprentice with a mate who is expecting his kits. In this scene, he is longing to be with her and not have to hide his feelings for her because of the medicine cat code.

This is Warrior Cat fan art, but with my own OC. And I know the signature says VioletStrike but that is my username on the site I use, Warriors Amino. If anyone needs proof I'll be happy to provide it.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:15 am
noelani2004 says...

Awwwwwww.... this is so cute.I like this piece of art. It reminds me of my cat Phoenix.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 am
wetumbrella5 wrote a review...

o intresting piece of art.i love it. they are really pretty. and also its lovely face. i hope you liked my review. but the cat is a bit weird. that is not my style lol. the colors are also very fleshy and bright. it looks like you have worked it really seriously. sorry for bad english. i am not a native english speaker. any way tanx for sharing such beautiful piece of art. good luck with your painting.

IvoryRose wrote a review...

Before getting into my review got to ask did you use digital art or water color? It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out. ;-; Colors are snazzy and I like your choice of not making to rocks plain. It makes them seem more realistic in my humble opinion. Not showing the cat's face was a smart move. It shows him looking for his love and is oblivious to anything else. The fur in the top half of his body looks too smooth,but great job on the tail. I must compliment the sky,especially the clouds. Thus concludes my short review,keep making amazing art. ;)

Gymnast2801 says...

Thank you for the review! I did this digitally with watercolor brushes provided by Procreate :)

KiraThePotatoChip wrote a review...

Well, this is something we don't often here. Kira here for a review, let's get started! I'm a fan of the color choices here, and I'm quite pleased to see a lineless style. One thing about the color choice, the sky is really blended together, but if I look at my screen from a different angle, I can see more vibrant colors. It might be a good idea to either blend the colors together more, so it isn't weird to look at, or making the colors more vibrant so they can be differentiated in the sky.

The only other thing that I can really see wrong with the piece is that the mossy green bits look like kind of chunky as if they were a gelatin with bits in them, so if that got smoothed out, or blended together, it might make for a better gradient. The rest is very nicely done, and what I nitpicked were pretty small things.

Unlike Shey, I'm not the biggest fan of captions explaining the story, simply because I like art that speaks by itself, not for itself. The art itself can really do either, I can look at it and see it by itself, my interpretation of it by itself is just a cat contemplating and/or staring over it's domain, because cats are cheeky like that. With a caption it turns into a warriors fanfart/fiction piece. With further explanation it gives insight to the actual story of the piece. I feel like you've accomplished enough by saying what you have.

That's about it for my review, so until the next one!

Steggy wrote a review...

Hello, Steggy here for a short review!

So, I've only done a couple art reviews so forgive me if I get anything wrong with terms and whatnot. One thing that really stood out to me was the background and that's because it just seems very rushed. Like, there really isn't detail into it and the colors are kind of hazy. You could add some trees or hills or clouds or something to make it pop out a little more. Another thing I noticed was the awkward placing of the moss on the rock. It doesn't really seem to be like moss or whatever but green shadings, which is possible for what you were going for. However, you could outline the moss lightly, in green to bring out the color. Also, back to the background, was the blurriness of the clouds. Like I said before, it couldn't hurt to bring that white back in and make it pop out against the blue background.

Another thing I'd like to suggest is possibly having colors that match the tone you are trying to give off. Basically, finding the right colors to match your caption below. I think if you did that, people would hopefully be able to see what you are giving off.

One thing I liked about this artwork was the cat. It does seem to bring in the mood of what is happening within this artwork (along with the caption). I like the pattern of the fur and whatnot; personally, I can't draw cats so nicely done with that! Also, for some reason, this picture kind of reminds me of a photo being taken. Maybe it is just because I'm overlooking the picture and thinking bigger.

Anyway, if you have any questions let me know!

Steggy

Sheytato wrote a review...

Hey there, Gymnast! Shey here for a review!

Ooh, artwork. I'm reviewing artwork. That's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but it seems that art isn't a huge thing published on the site. (I guess it makes sense, cause you know, writing and all. But still.)

Overall, I love this picture you've got here. The contrast between the dark cat and the warm background colors is really great. It draws immediate attention to the cat, who is obviously the focus of the image.

My biggest complaint with it is the shading on the rock. Because of the way it was drawn, it looks very choppy, and generally shadows don't have that choppy design. You want a shadow to blend well with the surface it's projected onto, and I don't know if that was accomplished well here. The shadow isn't bad. Its actually a great start, but it's exactly that, a start. Shading isn't really something to feet about. Just observe shadows as they occur naturally, and you'll slowly get a better handle on it. I look forward to seeing it improve in your future works.

Captions are important for artwork, since they help convey the story you had in mind with the drawing. From what I gather, while Darkpaw is an apprentice, he's probably older, since his mate is expecting kits. And since he has a mate, of course. I'd also bet he wasn't originally going to be a medicine cat, explaining why he's on the older side while still an apprentice, and why he has a mate. While I can gather that just from observing, it would be nice to learn a big more from the captions included. Just so that we can get a feel for the character who we're looking at.

Overall, awesome job! Keep up the great work, cause I look forward to seeing more from you!

May Starclan light your path.

~Shey~

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan